PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talk with Judge - Labor lawyer who deals with Unions every day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Wells report is not my responsibility. I don't have to rely on it. I can rely on what I feel is pertinent. Brady makes his living throwing a football. He and Manning talked the league into allowing pre game preparation of the balls they were going to use. A good idea in my opinion. Brady is a very particular kind of guy, a perfectionist. That's to his advantage. Discipline/the drive for perfection are some of the qualities that very successful people have. Brady is going want his footballs exactly the way he likes them. Exactly. This BS that he didn't even know the equipment people who were handling HIS footballs pre game was a ridiculous statement. Nobody with a brain would believe that. That was Aikman's, and Montana's point. Further, Brady's first press conference was unsettling. He was nervous, not his usual very confident self. Third, he has allowed others to come to his defense. He hasn't stepped forward in all this time. There are other things, but to me, something smells. If you don't feel that way, that's fine with me. That's your right.

By the way, if you don't like my opinion, you can go away.
That's taken out of context (as many things in the report are) he didn't know his name, they call him Bird, he knows him as Bird. A bunch of my friends and me go on a golf outing every year, there's a guy that comes we call Rat, he's from my hometown but he's older than me so I didn't go to school with him. To this day I don't know his real name and I see him around town now and then between our outing.

It will be interesting to see what happens. Unfortunate though. Despite what some people may think in here, I would much prefer that this wasn't happening. Except for maybe Bobby Orr, Tom Brady has been the most enjoyable local athlete to watch. Oh, I have to add Flutie's BC days to the list.

Tom444, I've made every attempt to treat you with dignity, even though I disagree with your thought processes. Most of the other posters have tolerated you as well (at least to some extent) . I think you'll find the following to be true:

1) Most of the responses you have rcvd have had a basis associated with them, namely a basis borne out of the very report commissioned by the League to investigate this situation. In that regard, most of the responders have cited information to corroborate their positions, information which typically has been found in the Wells Report itself.
2) You seem to have very little basis associated with your assertions of guilt - i.e. comments like "smell test", for example. Therefore you have placed yourself in a position of questionable credibility. Several posters have asked you to back up your claims with something equally as evidentiary as the information found in the report, but I have yet to see an example of you doing so.
3) I am routinely impressed with the posters on this forum....many of whom are highly intellectual and critical thinkers who are able to dissect a situation (spanning the gamut from football strategies to spousal abuse) and render highly informative opinions/perspective.

I'm out....

Tom444, I've made every attempt to treat you with dignity, even though I disagree with your thought processes. Most of the other posters have tolerated you as well (at least to some extent) . I think you'll find the following to be true:

1) Most of the responses you have rcvd have had a basis associated with them, namely a basis borne out of the very report commissioned by the League to investigate this situation. In that regard, most of the responders have cited information to corroborate their positions, information which typically has been found in the Wells Report itself.
2) You seem to have very little basis associated with your assertions of guilt - i.e. comments like "smell test", for example. Therefore you have placed yourself in a position of questionable credibility. Several posters have asked you to back up your claims with something equally as evidentiary as the information found in the report, but I have yet to see an example of you doing so.
3) I am routinely impressed with the posters on this forum....many of whom are highly intellectual and critical thinkers who are able to dissect a situation (spanning the gamut from football strategies to spousal abuse) and render highly informative opinions/perspective.

I'm out....

With all due respect ChesBay, the internet is not where I go for respect, or to gain street cred. I have friends and love ones for that. A forum such as this is a platform where you can present your opinion, nothing more, nothing less. You're not impressed with my presentation, no problem. Look elsewhere. I'm not about conforming to others perceptions, and I never said anyone should conform to mine.

And BTW, a hell of a lot more people see it my way, and here's a clue, they aren't all stupid.

Last edited:
IMO this whole story has gone off of the rails, from the beginning Andrews screwed the pooch as he did not record the pressure of the footballs, and then despite being warned, lost track of the chain of custody.. he should have retested the balls at that point to insure the integrity of the game.. so the baseline is probably mostly conjecture. Walt Anderson receives praise for his long "service" to the NFL....

Fast forward to half time, they confiscate and test the balls... all 12 of the Patriots balls and 4 of the Colts.. this also is flawed, as the Colts balls were not recorded before and after as well... so that comparison is also unreliable.. the bullcrap about delaying the game is bullcrap as those 8 balls of the colts could be tested in about a minute and a half.

They have tried to paint Brady as uncooperative.. however he met with the 4 inquisitors for 5 hours and according to Yee did not refuse to answer any of their questions.. however the reports paints him as uncooperative as he refused to give up his phone.. allegedly they wanted the history of the phone to see if this was a pattern, however we have been told that this investigation is solely connected to this game... duplicity???

The exhaustive report, does not provide appendices regarding all of the information gathered... would like to see the NFL emails and Grigson emails that the inquisitors had access to... and that might come out if Brady goes to arbitration or any other legal route.

So Goodell and staff are left with a mess, if they come down harsh on Brady.. he will appeal and not sure anything will stick due to the aforementioned improprieties and the NFL may have to show all of its cards.. and if he does not come down hard, he will be viewed as in Kraft's back pocket.. the Court of Public Opinion has already weighed in and they think Brady should be put in stocks for about 8 games.. Is that the pound of flesh that the NFL needs???

So Goodell and staff are left with a mess, if they come down harsh on Brady.. he will appeal and not sure anything will stick due to the aforementioned improprieties and the NFL may have to show all of its cards.. and if he does not come down hard, he will be viewed as in Kraft's back pocket.. the Court of Public Opinion has already weighed in and they think Brady should be put in stocks for about 8 games.. Is that the pound of flesh that the NFL needs???

Yes. This is about Goodell, power and public perception. Wells is a defense attorney, and it's apparent that the contrived report he produced was done under issues from the league office to find enough evidence of wrong doing to punish NE in any manner they deemed necessary. IOW he was acting as a defense attorney for the league, and by extension the Colts. (The evidence of course is almost entirely lacking, but when has that ever stopped the NFL.)

The sole recourse here is an appeal to federal court. It sucks, but I think that's what we are left with.

The Wells report is not my responsibility. I don't have to rely on it. I can rely on what I feel is pertinent. Brady makes his living throwing a football. He and Manning talked the league into allowing pre game preparation of the balls they were going to use. A good idea in my opinion. Brady is a very particular kind of guy, a perfectionist. That's to his advantage. Discipline/the drive for perfection are some of the qualities that very successful people have. Brady is going want his footballs exactly the way he likes them. Exactly. This BS that he didn't even know the equipment people who were handling HIS footballs pre game was a ridiculous statement. Nobody with a brain would believe that. That was Aikman's, and Montana's point. Further, Brady's first press conference was unsettling. He was nervous, not his usual very confident self. Third, he has allowed others to come to his defense. He hasn't stepped forward in all this time. There are other things, but to me, something smells. If you don't feel that way, that's fine with me. That's your right.

By the way, if you don't like my opinion, you can go away.
Sounds like you're basing your arguments on secondhand hearsay. you clearly have no grasp of the basic facts of this situation, certainly not enough to add any value to this discussion. If you had read the wells report you would have learned that Brady did know Jastremski by name but McNally (a part time locker attendant) by his nickname, Bird. As for Brady being nervous. Who wouldn't be after being accused by an organization noted for all out witch hunts?

Sounds like you're basing your arguments on secondhand hearsay. you clearly have no grasp of the basic facts of this situation, certainly not enough to add any value to this discussion. If you had read the wells report you would have learned that Brady did know Jastremski by name but McNally (a part time locker attendant) by his nickname, Bird. As for Brady being nervous. Who wouldn't be after being accused by an organization noted for all out witch hunts?

Well I think you're basing your argument on ********. Most thinking people feel that Brady was involved. Homers, of course, don't.

If Brady just had given them the medallion, all of this could have been avoided.

Now Goodell, Wells and rest of the NFL brownshirts will face the fire of god.

lostark.JPG

Well I think you're basing your argument on ********. Most thinking people feel that Brady was involved. Homers, of course, don't.
Involved in what? A conspiracy with mother nature to impose the ideal gas law?

"Involved" in what? Nothing was proven in the report. So on what basis have you come to the conclusion there was anything to be involved in?

IMO this whole story has gone off of the rails, from the beginning Andrews screwed the pooch as he did not record the pressure of the footballs, and then despite being warned, lost track of the chain of custody.

This whole story went off the rails because the commissioner thought it would be a good idea to investigate ball pressure like it was the second comming of watergate. Jerry Rice used stickum, the chargers had stickum on towels, QB's have admited to liking their balls over or under inflated and Minnesota heating up their balls on the side line. These are incidental infractions at best and could be handled behind the scenes. Instead, Roger Goodell drags one of his star players through the mudd and spends millions of dollars on a report at the owners expense. Ridiculous.

Last edited:

Actually, most thinking people think this whole incident and report as BS and no wrong occurred at all. It's the non thinking people who think Brady is guilty of something, and that's the majority of people in this country. Just look at our elected government as proof.

And what are the "thinking people" using as their basis for concluding Brady was involved?

IMO this whole story has gone off of the rails, from the beginning Andrews screwed the pooch as he did not record the pressure of the footballs, and then despite being warned, lost track of the chain of custody.. he should have retested the balls at that point to insure the integrity of the game.. so the baseline is probably mostly conjecture. Walt Anderson receives praise for his long "service" to the NFL....

Fast forward to half time, they confiscate and test the balls... all 12 of the Patriots balls and 4 of the Colts.. this also is flawed, as the Colts balls were not recorded before and after as well... so that comparison is also unreliable.. the bullcrap about delaying the game is bullcrap as those 8 balls of the colts could be tested in about a minute and a half.

They have tried to paint Brady as uncooperative.. however he met with the 4 inquisitors for 5 hours and according to Yee did not refuse to answer any of their questions.. however the reports paints him as uncooperative as he refused to give up his phone.. allegedly they wanted the history of the phone to see if this was a pattern, however we have been told that this investigation is solely connected to this game... duplicity???

The exhaustive report, does not provide appendices regarding all of the information gathered... would like to see the NFL emails and Grigson emails that the inquisitors had access to... and that might come out if Brady goes to arbitration or any other legal route.

The thing that stands out most from what I've seen is the part about Anderson recalling that he used the non logo gauge. To test the footballs at the start of the game, which would line up all the PSI readings exactly where they need to be to exonerate Brady and the equipment managers. Yet, Wells intentionally leads Anderson down a path which gets Anderson to say, his memory might be mistaken and he potentially could have used the logo gauge with the different readings. Then, Wells uses the Logo gauge as the basis for his report saying the balls were out of the potential range of deflation to due the Idea Gas Law. That right there is the ultimate smoking gun of the report. Wells manipulated the answers to get the conclusion he wanted. If he did it there in such an obvious way, he did it everywhere.

I'm going to attempt a response here, even though I know it's futile. Last time I posted a long response about the science being the most important aspect of this by far and you ignored me. So I'll play you're game and go with the circumstantial stuff you seem to think matters.

Brady is going want his footballs exactly the way he likes them. Exactly.

No doubt, which is why he was pissed the balls were at 16psi for the Jets game. And why Jastremski said Brady wanted them to bring the rule to the officials before the game. Neither of these suggest cheating, there's NOTHING that says he wanted the balls below the allowed limit.

This BS that he didn't even know the equipment people who were handling HIS footballs pre game was a ridiculous statement.
Did you watch Bruschi and Woody (linked in a thread here?) Bruschi made a GREAT point: he knows McNally as 'Bird' (the nickname used in Jastremski's phone). In my frat in college I couldn't have told you half their first names, some of them I only knew them by a nickname. If Brady's introduced to som guy 'Bird'--even if he was first introduced by his real name--do you think over the course of 15 years he'd remember the name Jim McNally, among the hundreds, thousands of people Brady comes into contact with?

Further, Brady's first press conference was unsettling. He was nervous, not his usual very confident self.
You're projecting. He was being grilled by the national media on something that--if he's entirely innocent--he knew NOTHING about. He looked more tired and exacerbated than anything to me, but we're now both projecting.

Third, he has allowed others to come to his defense. He hasn't stepped forward in all this time.
He has an agent and a lawyer, you don't think they've advised him to keep quiet until any penalties are announced? Why would this at ALL be used against him?

You've ignored the science and instead have been spinning circumstantial 'evidence' against Brady. Read Peter King and PFT, even the national media--and King who's a complete mouthpiece of the NFL--have come around on the shoddy science in this report. If that science is wrong there is nothing, absolutely nothing you can hang on Brady. But keep beating that drum...and you wonder why people are calling you names, you're ignoring facts to spin a narrative. That makes you a troll, regardless of what you say.

Another example of your ability to "read people"?
LMFAO.

The only thing Brady hates more than losing right now is not playing. I expect he will fight any suspension, even if only for one game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes