PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers to part with Tomlin if they Miss playoffs.

One caveat is that there is talk of Gruden coaching his last game for Oakland.

Gruden/ Pittsburgh is a match made in heaven. He would go from NFL hell to heaven in terms of franchises. Established QB and stable of stud WRs. I have met Jon Gruden and he is a down to earth guy.
I havent heard a thing about Raiders divorcing Gruden.
The owner has basically said Gruden is the unquestioned boss and leader.

Gruden was talking about tonight on NFL radio. He sounded solemn.

Could be a ploy, but im never shocked by the Raiders shoot from the hip management if Gruden is axed.

Gruden was talking about tonight on NFL radio. He sounded solemn.

Could be a ploy, but im never shocked by the Raiders shoot from the hip management if Gruden is axed.

I don’t even want to guess what the buyout is if they fired gruden a year in.

I don’t even want to guess what the buyout is if they fired gruden a year in.

Could be an out in the contract.

Depending on how his contract is structured, and if things don’t work out, the Raiders could be stuck paying Gruden a boatload of money and also paying a new head coach to right the ship.

If that happens, the Raiders may very well have to shell out a record-setting amount for that new coach, too, in part thanks to this Gruden deal.

How Jon Gruden’s 10-year, $100 million deal with the Raiders transforms the head coaching market

One caveat is that there is talk of Gruden coaching his last game for Oakland.

Gruden/ Pittsburgh is a match made in heaven. He would go from NFL hell to heaven in terms of franchises. Established QB and stable of stud WRs. I have met Jon Gruden and he is a down to earth guy.

That’s because it was never said. Or wait, Triumph met Gruden, who is a down to earth guy. Maybe Gruden told him in that hallucination.

There’s a difference between coaching your last game with Raiders and coaching your last game in Oakland, where the team might not play next year due to the city suing them. Way to get the story/quote from tonight wrong and run with it...nice misleading article you posted from about a year ago.

Always amusing to read the trash that comes from your posts, like trolling nonsense for days and making tasteless about Josh Gordon’s drug problem that might kill him. They always have something in common, though, which is they are are outright stupid and pointless.

Can someone please rename this thread to "Some unnamed radio host on an unnamed station in PA thinks the Steelers will get rid of Tomlin if they miss the playoffs" instead of a title reporting it as a fact

Can someone please rename this thread to "Some unnamed radio host on an unnamed station in PA thinks the Steelers will get rid of Tomlin if they miss the playoffs" instead of a title reporting it as a fact
Yes, it’s a pretty bold title with no actual proof or source. I haven’t heard anything about him being fired.

That’s because it was never said. Or wait, Triumph met Gruden, who is a down to earth guy. Maybe Gruden told him in that hallucination.

There’s a difference between coaching your last game with Raiders and coaching your last game in Oakland, where the team might not play next year due to the city suing them. Way to get the story/quote from tonight wrong and run with it...nice misleading article you posted from about a year ago.

OK, put your money up or shut up.

I saved my Super Bowl ticket and have told the story a few times when I met Moose Johnson and Gruden out side the media hotel in Indy at the Super Bowl. I also have photos of the media hotel but did not want to trouble Gruden or Johnson for a pic. Schefter walk directly past me as did Drew Brees. Subway Jared was down in the media lobby behaving creepy like you stalking me on here. Tell take signs of the future.

Always amusing to read the trash that comes from your posts, like trolling nonsense for days and making tasteless about Josh Gordon’s drug problem that might kill him. They always have something in common, though, which is they are are outright stupid and pointless.

There is no need for me to post the pics because you lack the balls to put up the money. People here want you to step up and prove me wrong. Just let me me know if you ever muster up the courage to bet me.

Last edited:
I think he'd be terrible for the Jets. They need someone who loves Darnold & has a real background on the other side of the ball.

Tomlin has been a joke for years. This is exactly what I mean when I say that the pros don't have it all figured out or even know what they're doing.

Side Note
I'm on PF bc a mod at pp took exception to me calling Tomlin a bad coach.

Tomlin did not take advantage of a QB like Ben.

Pitt should have more Super Bowl Championships. Steeler fans feel the same way and see the writing on the wall after Ben is gone..

Let’s begin with how stupid this premise is. Essentially Tomlin’s job hinges on the Ravens-Browns result. Sounds like about the most illogical way possible to assess performance.

Ahh no. Tomlin's job hinges on putting what most people believe is a very good team into a situation where they do not control their own destiny. If he lucks out and makes the playoffs anyway that's one thing, but if his poor handling of a pretty talented roster results in a playoff miss for such a prestigious organization, after the disappointment last year against the Jags, I'd say that would put a lot of head coaches on the hotseat.

I'm not saying I agree with this premise. What I am saying, is that it's not "insane" or "stupid."

Subway Jared was down in the media lobby behaving creepy like you stalking me on here. Tell take signs of the future

Even though you are a terrible member of this forum in so many ways, this was pretty funny and made me laugh. You got upgraded to a D-minus poster. Congrats.

Any acknowledgment that you were mistaken about Gruden’s last game in Oakland comments meaning he was parting with the Raiders organization? Would have a lot more respect if you just said you made an honest mistake...it happens to all of us.

Even though you are a terrible member of this forum in so many ways, this was pretty funny and made me laugh. You got upgraded to a D-minus poster. Congrats.

Any acknowledgment that you were mistaken about Gruden’s last game in Oakland comments meaning he was parting with the Raiders organization? Would have a lot more respect if you just said you made an honest mistake...it happens to all of us.

Thanks Chauncey, but I do not seek the approval from uniformed

What I do need from you is to man up with some US money since you called me out as a liar in regards to meeting Gruden. What are you afraid of? Let the people here be the judge on whether or not I tell the truth. So, put your money up and dont be a coward.

Whenever you are ready is good for me.

Not that I owe you and explanation snowflake, but in regards to Gruden/Oakland, they were discussing the rumor of him being fired on Sirius NFL radio last night and today. To be exact, last nights Hosts were Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller who Belichcik holds in high regard. Unlike my lack of respect for you.

Money up.

I thought he almost retired last year.

I read here at Patsfans that he wanted to but realized he'd have to pay back much of the bonus he recently received.

Thanks Chauncey, but I do not seek the approval from uniformed snowflakes.

What I do need from you is to man up with some US money since you called me out as a liar in regards to meeting Gruden. What are you afraid of? Let the people here be the judge on whether or not I tell the truth. So, put your money up and dont be a coward.

Whenever you are ready is good for me.

Not that I owe you and explanation snowflake, but in regards to Gruden/Oakland, they were discussing the rumor of him being fired on Sirius NFL radio last night and today. To be exact, last nights Hosts were Pat Kirwin and Jim Miller who Belichcik holds in high regard. Unlike my lack of respect for you.

Money up.

I don’t give 2 ****s if you met Gruden. The point is you got the story wrong.

OK, put your money up or shut up.

I saved my Super Bowl ticket and have told the story a few times when I met Moose Johnson and Gruden out side the media hotel in Indy at the Super Bowl. I also have photos of the media hotel but did not want to trouble Gruden or Johnson for a pic. Schefter walk directly past me as did Drew Brees. Subway Jared was down in the media lobby behaving creepy like you stalking me on here. Tell take signs of the future.

There is no need for me to post the pics because you lack the balls to put up the money. People here want you to step up and prove me wrong. Just let me me know if you ever muster up the courage to bet me.

Sure, I'll take your $100. Will you pay me directly, or will it come as garnishments from your parents allowance?

What exactly do we mean here by you "met" Jon Gruden? In the context you've used, it implies some meaningful interaction that you understand the man better than others due your personal relationship with him, hence some the ammo behind your (wrong) interpretation of his press conference. Since he's down to earth during your the time you "met" him, you are an authority? So you're a little fanboy at the Super Bowl around a bunch of NFL media figures and you shook his hand? Do I get to say I "met" Tom Brady if I go to an autograph signing and say hello to him, and then act like I have the inside scoop on his future decisions?

I see you're doubling down on Gruden being speculated to leave the Raiders. Yeah, he's running down the sidelines in celebration after the Raiders just won their last two games, jumping up and down, has a boatload of first round picks, and is the biggest selling point of the Raiders entrance to Las Vegas. They literally couldn't afford to waste that money with all their debt, and he'd be insane to walk away from that money. But I'm sure his immediate exit was talked about on a legit radio show. Because that's what you heard. According to you. There's just no mention of it ANYWHERE else.

Sure, let's see if Jon Gruden remembers meeting you, and then I'll pay up. He should remember you and your name, right? Shoot him a quick note, and I'm sure he'll confirm the fascinating interaction you two shared. Otherwise, you can just PayPal me the $100.

You're a dumb@ss, man. Get lost.

Last edited:
Do you have a reliable source, Chris? Or was this just someone speculating?

"Curt from his car" called in from the parking lot at ESPN again, I take it. Did he get on a rant about a bloody sock and running for the Senate from Massachusetts?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back