PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Steelers to part with Tomlin if they Miss playoffs.

Bourne Again Christian

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
According to local radio here in PA.
The Steelers are ready to move on from Mike Tomlin if Pitt missed the playoffs.
This would be the best head coaching Job in my opinion.
6 time Superbowl team strong fan base ridiculous toys on offense.
Young improving defense.
This could be a spot to lose McDaniels but I'm ok with that if we can poach their WR scout.

Where are you hearing that from?

I’d enjoy watching that play out, but I think a guy like Mike McCarthy may be a better candidate for what PIT generally looks for in a HC. I’d be surprised if Tomlin were let go, but I’d be shocked if he were let go with the idea that Josh McDaniels was going to replace him.

Young improving defense.
This could be a spot to lose McDaniels but I'm ok with that if we can poach their WR scout.
Which part?

Wow. In my lifetime, he was only their 3rd HC.

Let’s begin with how stupid this premise is. Essentially Tomlin’s job hinges on the Ravens-Browns result. Sounds like about the most illogical way possible to assess performance. You’re doing good if the Browns win, but you’re canned if the Ravens win. Steelers themselves are 17 point favorites btw.

Tomlin is an overrated coach, but part of it is the players they draft are generally turds with elite football skills. Lots of selfish egos within a hero worship culture in Pittsburgh. My sense is he coaches a lot of guys who like the fame more than the game. They also value athleticism over intelligence. Plenty of morons on those Steelers team through the years. I’m not sure if it’s him, the organization, the city, or whatever that seems to embrace the superstar team model.

He’s probably an average NFL coach, perhaps slightly better. He isn’t close to top-5 like most lazy lists rank him. He also isn’t as outrageously stupid as he often is perceived as.

Regardless I’m glad to see that organization continuing their slow implosion. Just a highly hateable franchise of hypocrites, with selfish egomaniac players, and constantly acting like they’re all class.

Pitt is getting tired of him.
He would be a good for the Jets or Dolphins.
Do you have a reliable source, Chris? Or was this just someone speculating?

Let’s begin with how stupid this premise is. Essentially Tomlin’s job hinges on the Ravens-Browns result. Sounds like about the most illogical way possible to assess performance. You’re doing good if the Browns win, but you’re canned if the Ravens win. Steelers themselves are 17 point favorites btw.

Tomlin is an overrated coach, but part of it is the players they draft are generally turds with elite football skills. Lots of selfish egos within a hero worship culture in Pittsburgh. My sense is he coaches a lot of guys who like the fame more than the game. They also value athleticism over intelligence. Plenty of morons on those Steelers team through the years. I’m not sure if it’s him, the organization, the city, or whatever that seems to embrace the superstar team model.

He’s probably an average NFL coach, perhaps slightly better. He isn’t close to top-5 like most lazy lists rank him. He also isn’t as outrageously stupid as he often is perceived as.

Regardless I’m glad to see that organization continuing their slow implosion. Just a highly hateable franchise of hypocrites, with selfish egomaniac players, and constantly acting like they’re all class.
You hear this fan base say the same thing. "The Steelers have so much talent ". There are a handful of players there I would take. That's it.

I hope Tomlin stays.

Young improving defense.

So you are calling their "young and improving" and ours is "embarrassing and pathetic". Amazing..

This is the ultimate Steelers/Ravens weekend coming up for Pats fans.

If the Ravens win the Steelers, their obnoxious fans, their glory hound players and that turd Tomlin are out of the playoffs.

If the Ravens lose, they, their obnoxious fans, their glory hounds players and that turd Harbaugh are out out of the playoffs.

Another round of Schadenfreude for everybody on me!

This is the ultimate Steelers/Ravens weekend coming up for Pats fans.

If the Ravens win the Steelers, their obnoxious fans, their glory hound players and that turd Tomlin are out of the playoffs.

If the Ravens lose, they, their obnoxious fans, their glory hounds players and that turd Harbaugh are out out of the playoffs.

Another round of Schadenfreude for everybody on me!
I'll take "If The Ravens Lose" for $2000 please, Alex.

Only having three coaches since 1969 is downright baffling.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back