PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Stafford, Winston possibilities for Pats in 2021?

A 4,000/25/13 career avg guy...trade for the lion?!?

Sign me up...if they can work it out...(shrugs)....kid can play...

It really depends on the price. I'd rather have him be a cap casualty than trade. However, who says he'd want to play for BB after getting a preview with his imposter?

Stafford is a good QB. When has he ever had to top 10 defense outside of 2014? When has he ever had a running game?? When has he had a decent head coach??? When has he ever had stability within the organization???? I believe he’d do well here.

Stafford is a good QB. When has he ever had to top 10 defense outside of 2014? When has he ever had a running game?? When has he had a decent head coach??? When has he ever had stability within the organization???? I believe he’d do well here.

You can say that about the packers. He has stunk the joint up in big games. Has never won a division title. Think about that.

Could be a good stopgap for the right price. This is a playoff team with a qb who can throw imo or at least make defenses respect the pass. Not necessarily a contender, But would be nice to see this team get some playoff experience while building towards a champion.

So in 2014 with a a top 3 defense, Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate for WRs, he accomplished what? One and done in the playoffs.

He's someone Bill could work with and is only 32. But he'd have to surround him with a lot more talent.

So in 2014 with a a top 3 defense, Calvin Johnson and Golden Tate for WRs, he accomplished what? One and done in the playoffs.

2012, 2013 and 2016 are years they should have won as well.

His underlying skills are good. He's hung in there through a litany of problems with his present team.

I'd say he's a tad below top tier, but compared to Cam, he's world class. He can, that is, actually understand an offense, read coverages, and throw the ball with a reasonable grasp on where it might go.

He can't topple over into the end zone like a goddam statue, but we can probably get by without that trick.

Step one in any deliberation re the Pats' qb next year has to begin with: "Cam blows."

Any evaluation of our options begins, "Cam blows."

He has "led" the 29th-best passing offense. Looking for a repeat are we?

Considering we'd be looking at an upgrade with half the backups in the league I'd take him. If we had Stafford to start the year this is a playoff team.

I am not a huge fan, but you could do worse. I'd rather bring in Trubisky to compete with Stidham, keep costs down and the age down. Draft another QB mid rd somewhere.

He's someone Bill could work with and is only 32. But he'd have to surround him with a lot more talent.
He'd immediately go to one of the worst OLs and RB groups in the league to arguably the best here.

We'd probably be a wildcard team with him.

Question is, is that enough to satisfy fans?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Back