PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorta OT: Ines Sains Wont Do Locker Room Interviews Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could. You would be running a huge risk of going to jail for rape, as most afterwards are going to say it was not okay. But yes, if you forceable have sex with someone and then ask them afterwards if they are okay with it, and if they are cool with it, then you didn't rape them.

What?? So no doesn't mean no? Sound's like Bobby Knight.

Based on what I have read so far, she has more of a problem with the reaction of others after it happened than the event itself.

How do you know she doesn't have a problem with it anyway? It's still possible she simply likes/wants/needs her job more.

You could. You would be running a huge risk of going to jail for rape, as most afterwards are going to say it was not okay. But yes, if you forceable have sex with someone and then ask them afterwards if they are okay with it, and if they are cool with it, then you didn't rape them.

Suppose you're holding a gun when you ask them?
Or suppose they know that you have embarrassing pictures of them?
Or suppose they're terrified that other people will find out what happened?
Or suppose you're their boss and can fire them?
Or suppose YOU JUST RAPED THEM and are thus, by definition, a really scary person they would say anything to in hopes of getting out of there as soon as possible?

There is SO much inherent coercion in these situations, with reputations and careers in the balance. "She doesn't want to make a big deal about it" doesn't mean it was ok.

What?? So no doesn't mean no? Sound's like Bobby Knight.

No, means no.

But what emoney_33 asked was if the girl says afterwards that the answer is "yes", is it rape? I say if she says "yes" after the sex, it ain't rape.

If the girls in question were complaining my opinion would be different. Lisa Olsen didn't want to be treated the way she was treated and made that very clear.

These girls have said its okay.

That's the difference...the girls ain't complaining...that makes it okay.

Suppose you're holding a gun when you ask them?

1st degree rape and a much more serious crime than garden variety rape
Or suppose they know that you have embarrassing pictures of them?

coercion and still rape
Or suppose they're terrified that other people will find out what happened?

okay then yes, you committed rape, but if they are willing to keep quiet about it your chances of going to jail are nil

Or suppose you're their boss and can fire them?
rape plus a violation of various labor laws
Or suppose YOU JUST RAPED THEM and are thus, by definition, a really scary person they would say anything to in hopes of getting out of there as soon as possible?
than the yes doesn't mean much

There is SO much inherent coercion in these situations, with reputations and careers in the balance. "She doesn't want to make a big deal about it" doesn't mean it was ok.

My answers in red. What I meant by the answer is that if you have sex with someone and they don't feel they were raped. And they don't have a problem with it. And if the cops ask them was it rape or consensual and they respond consensual. Than it ain't rape.

Actually consent has nothing to do with this either. This incident is about the violation of a code of conduct, not rape.

However since you bring it up I will say this, not wanting to entangle yourself in a legal mess should not be confused with consent. Rape is the #1 most unreported crime. There are many reasons why people fail to report it (often embarrassment or duress), but seldom is it because they later decide how great the experience was.

It might surprise you to know that rape is also defined as: "a physical invasion of a sexual nature committed on a person under circumstances which are coercive." (notice: no mention of consent)

Last edited:
This OT thread needs to be moved somewhere....anywhere else

Yeah, she was obviously askin for it, beggin, really. Hell, the team had every right to gang bang her right in the locker room. Doesn't matter what she thinks of it. Dressing like that gives her no right to say squat.

I cant believe that attitude still is that pervasive.

Here, I will fix your post.
I agree with u.....amazing to see so many guys going with that "she had it coming mentality" on this topic. You can't justify sexual discrimination/intimidation on this type of thing. Stuff like this let's u know that the Archie Bunker mentality is still alive and well! Ditka reminded me of my grandfather in his interview...talk about being back in the old days with his thinking....wow..

I agree with u.....amazing to see so many guys going with that "she had it coming mentality" on this topic. You can't justify sexual discrimination/intimidation on this type of thing. Stuff like this let's u know that the Archie Bunker mentality is still alive and well! Ditka reminded me of my grandfather in his interview...talk about being back in the old days with his thinking....wow..

Even Archie Bunker has higher standards on this subject.

I think it's a mistake to keep talking about this as an issue of one hot reporter in tight jeans vs. one frisky naked player. Isn't the overall issue organizational culpability, not individual?

It wasn't just players in the locker room, but coaches on the field. And in Favre's case, it's multiple allegations of Jets employees' acting as middlemen and distributing sensitive HR info in order to deliver female workers up to the company's highest-paid employee.

Isn't that a hostile workplace environment? Would you want your daughter working for that company?

That was the point of this thread, and to call out the league to bring the hammer down on the Organization for fostering this mentality, not just the individual.

Unbelievable how this got derailed.

And shocking.

And tragic.

Sorry I started the friggin thing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back