PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sorta OT: Ines Sains Wont Do Locker Room Interviews Anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
And plenty of folks are intent one ignoring a basic fact that she was in a MALE locker room.

My position has not changed since Lisa Olsen. Females should be barred from areas where the males change and shower. If females do enter such an area they should not be shocked, surprised or offended by male nudity.

As allowing male reporters to enter the locker room and not allow female reports would be discrimination, the locker room should be a player only location and interviews confined the field, hallways, and other locations set up to allow the media to interact with players when all parties are fully dressed.

The one exception I would make to this blanket prohibition would for 30-45 mins post a championship win, in which media members, owner, family etc would gather for the traditional dousing of champaign etc. During this period the players would be told to keep their clothing on. Once all the media (male and female) and all females are cleared out the players can shower and change.

I think it would be very reasonable to bar all reporters from locker rooms. This should have changed ages ago and it is only sexism that has kept this rule around (i.e. only men will be comfortable in a male locker room, preventing female reporters - as is now the case with Ines).

However until such a time as this rule is instated the fact remains that these men need to behave properly while representing their institution.

Last edited:
However until such a time as this rule is instated the fact remains that these men need to behave properly while representing their institution.

I disagree. As long as women are allowed into a male changing areas they should enter with the full expecation of seeing naked males. If male nudity is something they find offensive or uncomfortable than they should stay out.

I disagree. As long as women are allowed into a male changing areas they should enter with the full expecation of seeing naked males. If male nudity is something they find offensive or uncomfortable than they should stay out.

This was not a situation of "seeing" a naked male. If it were, there would be no discussion of it. It was the actions of the naked man that were offensive, not the mere nakedness.

Predict you college's response to the following situations.....

1) A male student sends unrequested photos of his junk to a female student. The female student does not complain to the school. She does, however, show the photos to a friend. A year later the friend publishes a story in the school newspaper about the male who sent the photos. The reciepant of the photos says she does not want the male punished for sending the photos.

Does the school punish the male student?

2) A female student is in the male locker room. One of the male students sticks his junk in the face of the female student. The female student does not complain. Others see this occur and complain. The female student does want to have the male student punished but has decided to stay out of the male locker room in the future.

Great questions. In both cases, I bet the male student (or student-athlete) gets disciplined.

If there was such a forum, I'm sure WhiteWesWelker would be there macking on all the babes.

easy Kon man..... She is still messaging me and yes she is a model. :):cool:

key- don't care, nothing to lose..... the mentality works.

Last edited:
predict you college's response to the following situations.....

1) a male student sends unrequested photos of his junk to a female student. The female student does not complain to the school. She does, however, show the photos to a friend. A year later the friend publishes a story in the school newspaper about the male who sent the photos. The reciepant of the photos says she does not want the male punished for sending the photos.

no

2) a female student is in the male locker room. One of the male students sticks his junk in the face of the female student. The female student does not complain. Others see this occur and complain. The female student does want to have the male student punished but has decided to stay out of the male locker room in the future.

yes

This thread is so intent to ignore the basic fact that it doesn't matter what Ines wears. If the players in that locker room act out while on the job, they should be reprimanded the same as any working stiff out there. If they aren't at work then fine but this is at work, not out at the bar.

I agree. I mentioned in my earlier post that everyone is accountable for his or her actions. Many men are neanderthals...sorry, it's true...and thus do not control their actions very well when in the presence of pretty women. That's a fact of life. They are responsible to behave in an appropriate manner.

That said, it is nevertheless true that many men are neanderthals and thus do not control their actions very well when in the presence of pretty women. *Especially* when those pretty women wear revealing clothing. That being understood by everyone, it's in the best interest of women who want to be treated professionally and not looked at as sex objects to dress professionally.

Or, to make an analogy...in Boston there used to be (not sure if it still exists...don't think so, but I'm not sure) the "Combat Zone". If I walked there alone at 1:00 am, what can I expect? It is immoral and illegal and just plain wrong for someone to assault me, and it's not my "fault" that I got assaulted. However, I *know* it's a dangerous place to go by myself at that time of night, so, even though it's wrong for someone to assault me, I'm unwise to put myself in that position and expect it not to happen.

Men shouldn't be neanderthals, but many are. Especially in a sports locker room. It doesn't make it right that athletes in that situation treat women reporters inappropriately, but women have to understand that if they show up in that situation, that's some of what they're likely to face.

Again, I don't think this is too hard to understand.

I didn't know this board had so many people incapable of distinguishing between extra attention or stares and sexual harassment.

The reason I said yes in both cases (and I admit I could be wrong) is that many universities would treat these as cases of harassment, even if the female student didn't complain about it. If, for example, your neighbor hit his wife, but the wife didn't complain about it, but you called the cops, charges could be filed anyway. Not sure they automatically *would* be, but they could.

So the university may deem both instances as sexual harassment or something along those lines. Many women's studies programs, for example, consider marriage as an institution to be a form of slavery and all sex as rape. This kind of thinking *does* infiltrate the minds of some administrative types.

So I don't know if I'm right about my answers, but it wouldn't surprise me if the answer would be yes in both cases.

The reason I said yes in both cases (and I admit I could be wrong) is that many universities would treat these as cases of harassment, even if the female student didn't complain about it. If, for example, your neighbor hit his wife, but the wife didn't complain about it, but you called the cops, charges could be filed anyway. Not sure they automatically *would* be, but they could.

So the university may deem both instances as sexual harassment or something along those lines. Many women's studies programs, for example, consider marriage as an institution to be a form of slavery and all sex as rape. This kind of thinking *does* infiltrate the minds of some administrative types.

So I don't know if I'm right about my answers, but it wouldn't surprise me if the answer would be yes in both cases.

I would suspect that the answers vary from college to college, but in both instances at most colleges in the end the student would NOT be punished.

While some women's studies programs have extreme views, the prevailing view has remained that not all sex is rape and that marriage is not barred under the 13th amendment. Most people consider consensual sex between two adults not to be rape, even those who consider it a sin outside of marriage.

Just as most people don't view all sex as rape, they do not consider all sexual contact, jokes, or innuendos to be sexual harassment. Most people only consider UNWANTED UNCONSENTED sexual contact, jokes and innuendos to be sexual harassment. That which is wanted and consented is not harassment.

Generally, in order to determine if it was wanted or not we ask both parties. If neither party has a problem with the sexual conduct -- it ain't rape or harassment. If conducted in the view of others it could be considered exhibitionism, but that doesn't make it harassment, unless you are claiming the watchers of the conduct were harassed, by the display.

As for your example of spousal abuse. While charges could be filed, they will eventually be dropped without the cooperation of the victim. People do consent to get hit. In the most formal setting -- a boxing match. But there are others examples and some people are into whips and chains. Unless she is willing to testify that it was not consensual, the state has no case. The state may use various ways to encourage her cooperation, for example if she was the one who called the police and then recanted they threaten to send her to jail for filing a false police report if she doesn't cooperate. But in the case of a neighbor complaining they don't have that.

If Jenn and Ines don't have a problem with what happened....neither should the rest of us.

I would suspect that the answers vary from college to college, but in both instances at most colleges in the end the student would NOT be punished.

While some women's studies programs have extreme views, the prevailing view has remained that not all sex is rape and that marriage is not barred under the 13th amendment. Most people consider consensual sex between two adults not to be rape, even those who consider it a sin outside of marriage.

Just as most people don't view all sex as rape, they do not consider all sexual contact, jokes, or innuendos to be sexual harassment. Most people only consider UNWANTED UNCONSENTED sexual contact, jokes and innuendos to be sexual harassment. That which is wanted and consented is not harassment.

Generally, in order to determine if it was wanted or not we ask both parties. If neither party has a problem with the sexual conduct -- it ain't rape or harassment. If conducted in the view of others it could be considered exhibitionism, but that doesn't make it harassment, unless you are claiming the watchers of the conduct were harassed, by the display.

As for your example of spousal abuse. While charges could be filed, they will eventually be dropped without the cooperation of the victim. People do consent to get hit. In the most formal setting -- a boxing match. But there are others examples and some people are into whips and chains. Unless she is willing to testify that it was not consensual, the state has no case. The state may use various ways to encourage her cooperation, for example if she was the one who called the police and then recanted they threaten to send her to jail for filing a false police report if she doesn't cooperate. But in the case of a neighbor complaining they don't have that.

If Jenn and Ines don't have a problem with what happened....neither should the rest of us.

A pretty reasonable response. Like I said, I could easily be wrong about that.

There's not a university in America that would tolerate the 2nd instance. The only argument you have is if the female went into the locker room uninvited, but even then it still would NOT fly.

So you are saying I can forcibly have sex with anyone I want, and then afterwards ask them if it was OK?

So you are saying I can forcibly have sex with anyone I want, and then afterwards ask them if it was OK?

You could. You would be running a huge risk of going to jail for rape, as most afterwards are going to say it was not okay. But yes, if you forceable have sex with someone and then ask them afterwards if they are okay with it, and if they are cool with it, then you didn't rape them.

I think it's a mistake to keep talking about this as an issue of one hot reporter in tight jeans vs. one frisky naked player. Isn't the overall issue organizational culpability, not individual?

It wasn't just players in the locker room, but coaches on the field. And in Favre's case, it's multiple allegations of Jets employees' acting as middlemen and distributing sensitive HR info in order to deliver female workers up to the company's highest-paid employee.

Isn't that a hostile workplace environment? Would you want your daughter working for that company?

Thread title:

Isn't this thread any indication to you that Ines had a problem with what happened?

Based on what I have read so far, she has more of a problem with the reaction of others after it happened than the event itself.

You could. You would be running a huge risk of going to jail for rape, as most afterwards are going to say it was not okay. But yes, if you forceable have sex with someone and then ask them afterwards if they are okay with it, and if they are cool with it, then you didn't rape them.

So you wouldn't pass judgement on my actions until after you spoke with the female? You don't feel that forcibly having sex with a woman is WRONG period, regardless of any possibility that she might possibly be OK with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back