PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So Goody says he'll be done as Commissioner after contract, but....

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Here's the bad news.

Oh boy oh boy, I can only imagine who he will pick as a replacement. I'm sure they will be very competent and unbiased. :rolleyes:

This has been the plan since the last CBA.

Clown plays ugly with the players. Then they get the players to take another crappy deal in exchange for some meaningless things.

Owners get another decade of a owner friendly CBA. Players think they win control and then they move on from the clown to help further smooth things out with players after negotiations.

Here's the bad news.

Oh boy oh boy, I can only imagine who he will pick as a replacement. I'm sure they will be very competent and unbiased. :rolleyes:

Good Ole Billy Po-lyin' (aka Polian.)

His list of candidates:

Woody Johnson
Eli Manning
John Mara
Mark Sanchez
Bart Scott
Mike Tannenbaum
Don't forget Bill Polian.

Bold and unlikely prediction: Peyton Manning, with no relevant experience, named next commissioner. Mostly just because that's the closest he can get to being god.

Bold and unlikely prediction: Peyton Manning, with no relevant experience, named next commissioner. Mostly just because that's the closest he can get to being god.
Well he is of utmost integrity and character.

Whelp back to taking down all the sexual predators, gonna go get some Nation Wide because Peyton is such a swell and awesome guy and not a sexual predator.

His list of candidates:

Woody Johnson
Eli Manning
John Mara
Mark Sanchez
Bart Scott
Mike Tannenbaum
Mike kensil

He doesn’t get to “pick” anyone. He can recommend someone and that person will have to be approved by the owners.

Nobody should care about this. The commissioner is a puppet of the owners and the owners will pick a new puppet. The only question is how effective that puppet will be in bending the league to the will of the owners. Goodell negotiated a CBA with a god clause against the players and now he'll either keep that or take some of the teeth out of that to get more concessions from the players.

Meanwhile he'll create a succession strategy so the next guy that's just like him will have an easy ascension to the role. The owners likely won't mess with it.

that'd be a little weird

PM being comish during last couple years of brady's career...

...;)

Isnt Grigson now free to tutor under Gooodell he would be awesome choice !

Does he get to keep the jet?
He will still get to use it but pay for it out of his pocket. Similar to now, as he has to pay for private use.

I thought the bad news was we get 5 more years of Goodell.

I'm willing to become a fake Jest fan in the meantime so I can become Commish in 2025.

Then, it's on *****es! Docked draft picks for the Ravens, Jest, Clots, Donkeys, and Squealers.

Now to prepare to be a Jest fan, I've gotta make my checklist:

1. Toaster to stick my **** into
2. Barbed wire tattoo on one arm and tribal tattoo on the other with J-E-T-E written in it
3. White wifebeater
4. Venereal disease (curable)
5. White tennis shoes
6. Dumb hat
7. 1985 Chevy Camaro...the base version with rims that are painted black with permanent marker

3. White wifebeater

Correction: Dirty white wifebeater complete with stains from the last three dinners on the front(mac & cheese, spaghetti & meatballs and mac &cheese)..

I'm willing to become a fake Jest fan in the meantime so I can become Commish in 2025.

Then, it's on *****es! Docked draft picks for the Ravens, Jest, Clots, Donkeys, and Squealers.

Now to prepare to be a Jest fan, I've gotta make my checklist:

1. Toaster to stick my **** into
2. Barbed wire tattoo on one arm and tribal tattoo on the other with J-E-T-E written in it
3. White wifebeater
4. Venereal disease (curable)
5. White tennis shoes
6. Dumb hat
7. 1985 Chevy Camaro...the base version with rims that are painted black with permanent marker

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back