PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SI claims Steve Belichick is the Patriots next HC

This isn't a report. This is part of the Fan-written segment of SI (FanNation), not anyone at SI. He's just parroting some suggestions we've already heard, which as we know, aren't necessarily accurate.

When clicking on a link purporting to be from Sports Illustrated, look at the top left corner of the resulting screen. If it doesn't say "SI" in the corner, it's not official SI reporting.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
I would not be shocked if Bill wants this. After all he has been allowed to hire them and then promote them repeatedly. This would be the logical conclusion.
There's no doubting that Bill wants this...But it should still Never be allowed to happen.

Why wouldn't he be allowed to hire them into entry positions ? Why wouldn't they be promoted if they have been doing continuously good work and earned their spot ?
But they haven't earned their spots.

He should go work under Nick Saban for a couple of years, then maybe become a coordinator for another NFL team. He's gonna have to earn it or the players won't have any respect for him.

He should go work under Nick Saban for a couple of years, then maybe become a coordinator for another NFL team. He's gonna have to earn it or the players won't have any respect for him.

interesting that saban has won 6 championships at Alabama with 6 different offensive coordinators.

The one constant at Alabama is saban runs the defense regardless of who holds the defensive coordinator title,

This isn't a report. This is part of the Fan-written segment of SI (FanNation), not anyone at SI. He's just parroting some suggestions we've already heard, which as we know, aren't necessarily accurate.
Fan Nation is not a fan-written forum.
Fan Nation is part of the SI network
From what I can tell, Fan Nation uses writers who are plugged into a particular market and leans on these writers when big stories require a local insider's perspective.
Mike Fisher is clearly Fan Nation's Texas insider who is all over the Houston Texans soap opera right now
Fisher has written 16 articles on the Texans just in the past week for Fan Nation / Texans Daily

Articles by Mike Fisher - Sports Illustrated Houston Texans News, Analysis and More

Mike Fisher | RADIO.COM

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian
I would not be shocked if Bill wants this. After all he has been allowed to hire them and then promote them repeatedly. This would be the logical conclusion.
Sure, but let's not pretend that Steve hasn't gotten the job done for the most part too. He's got 6 years of coaching experience at this point and has earned 3 rings as a coach or coach's assistant. He's no prodigy but he's competent.

I am all for a world where Josh McDaniels is never the HC of the Pats. We actually still need a new offensive coordinator as well.

I’m imagining your life goes like this:

Waiter: Hey what can I get you tonight?

DropKickFlutie: Anything as long as Josh McDaniels isn’t cooking

Sure, but let's not pretend that Steve hasn't gotten the job done for the most part too. He's got 6 years of coaching experience at this point and has earned 3 rings as a coach or coach's assistant. He's no prodigy but he's competent.
Wrong.

Fan Nation is not a fan-written forum.
Fan Nation is part of the SI network
From what I can tell, Fan Nation uses writers who are plugged into a particular market and leans on these writers when big stories require a local insider's perspective.
Mike Fisher is clearly Fan Nation's Texas insider who is all over the Houston Texans soap opera right now
Fisher has written 16 articles on the Texans just in the past week for Fan Nation / Texans Daily

Articles by Mike Fisher - Sports Illustrated Houston Texans News, Analysis and More

Mike Fisher | RADIO.COM
I do know after some recent conversations I've had that it's not apparently the case with all, but it is the case with the majority of teams within that network at this time. That's also why SI specifically is going out of its way to differentiate the two and that's why they have that section.

However, I can also tell you that apparently there are some changes coming there, which I recently learned of. Can't tell you how I know this, other than to say I can promise you I would never make anything up or mislead you ;)

I do know after some recent conversations I've had that it's not apparently the case with all, but it is the case with the majority of teams within that network at this time. That's also why SI specifically is going out of its way to differentiate the two and that's why they have that section.

However, I can also tell you that apparently there are some changes coming there, which I recently learned of. Can't tell you how I know this, other than to say I can promise you I would never make anything up or mislead you ;)
Truthfully, I didn't know SI was still in the game.
How times have changed
PatsFans.com has become my primary sports news and celebrity obituary site :thumbsup:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back