PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman Signs with 49ER'S (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

No ramp up time for a guy like Sherman. Hell, there is no doubt J. Richards can grasp any defense that's put in front of him, but he simply lacks the gifts to overcome his lack of speed/athleticism. End of ****ty aside. Anyways, I think he will actually push Gilmore to be a better player, and, both would take pride in forming a sick tandem. And, maybe even help form a Seahawks east team for defensive players who want their 2nd ring. Pipe dream? Well, I've been wrong in the past! Hell, I've probably been wrong in the last 5 minutes.

Sherman showed a lot of character at the end of SB 49 when instead of joining in all the fracas, he just extended a congratulatory hand to Brady. You know he had to be dying inside, but he showed a lot of class at that moment.

I hope they pick him up.

When you guys say "Revis deal", i hope you mean a similar structure (2 years, with the 2nd being a team option) and not a similar pay... 14M for one year (and the year after an injury) is way too much IMO, considering what we are already paying Gilmore

EDIT - At 7M i say sign him today Bill

I have no heat toward you. I simply believe that this is all wishful thinking.

I totally understand that.

He could go back to Seattle, but that team is going through a lot of changes. Not sure I see Sherman going back to a defense that was a shell of the legion of boom.

When you guys say "Revis deal", i hope you mean a similar structure (2 years, with the 2nd being a team option) and not a similar pay... 14M for one year (and the year after an injury) is way too much IMO, considering what we are already paying Gilmore

EDIT - At 7M i say sign him today Bill

Bill already came late to the table on the Bennett trade, hopefully he won’t be asleep this time.

Tyrann Mathieu is rumored to be on the chopping block. If I'm given the choice between Sherman and Mathieu, I'm probably going to prefer Mathieu

Belichick better not be with Linda strolling in the park lol

Can be on the phone with Sherman while he's strolling in the park with Linda? You saw her tweet a few weeks back about his "vacations" (basically she said LOL when someone asked if he didn't do anything football related during those trips).

Disagree Mathieu has more postition flexibility is younger hits harder but Is a head case and had a drug problem back In college.
Too many red flags plus he's only looking to cash in.
Where Richard may actually want to be a part of a championship football team.

Tyrann Mathieu is rumored to be on the chopping block. If I'm given the choice between Sherman and Mathieu, I'm probably going to prefer Mathieu

It's the size i think that will make the difference. Think Sherman is around 6ft 2? and Mathieu is around 5ft9?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back