PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman Signs with 49ER'S (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 a year is too much. I just wish it wasn’t with the freaking team we aided and abetted by giving them a QB.

13 a year is too much. I just wish it wasn’t with the freaking team we aided and abetted by giving them a QB.

Yeah that makes it worse. I get the feeling B.B. didn’t want to deal with Sherman’s antics

He ruptured his Achilles Sorry, I mixed up between Achilles and ACL. No need to be snarky about it

The post that offended you wasn't snarky. This:

266f3r.jpg

...is snarky. Hope that clears things up.

Last edited:
Yeah that makes it worse. I get the feeling B.B. didn’t want to deal with Sherman’s antics
I doubt that's why.

His antics are nowhere near Bennett's, who he was willing to give up a 3rd rounder for.

Richard Sherman was right out of the top 10 last year (I'd say 11th or 12th) but after an ACL tear, he'll be sure to show some decline at age 30.
And this is why we can’t have nice things. Might as well start a petition to dump Edelman while you’re at it. He’s all down hill from here too. Who wants a 30+ yr old receiver coming off of an ACL injury whose mind thinks his body is bigger than it is?

“The only guaranteed portion of Richard Sherman's three-year, $39 million contract is his $3 million signing bonus.
Sherman has been representing himself, so this contract is sure to be criticized by the agent community. So if Sherman doesn't recover smoothly from his Achilles' surgeries, the 49ers could conceivably release him before the season and be on the hook for only $3 million. Sherman also agreed to turn $6 million of his total potential earnings into per-game roster bonuses, paid only if Sherman is on the active, game-day roster. It's an incredibly team-friendly deal.”

Richard Sherman - San Francisco 49ers - 2018 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

“The only guaranteed portion of Richard Sherman's three-year, $39 million contract is his $3 million signing bonus.
Sherman has been representing himself, so this contract is sure to be criticized by the agent community. So if Sherman doesn't recover smoothly from his Achilles' surgeries, the 49ers could conceivably release him before the season and be on the hook for only $3 million. Sherman also agreed to turn $6 million of his total potential earnings into per-game roster bonuses, paid only if Sherman is on the active, game-day roster. It's an incredibly team-friendly deal.”

Lynch the GM is killing it.

The Patriots still couldn't have afforded him, but that's quite the deal. Also means it's effectively a one-year contract unless he's back to the old Richard Sherman.

That’s an excellent signing for the 49ers then. Low risk, high reward. If he returns to his old self, that’s a home run.

Sounds like Sherman is betting on himself. He believes he's going to play like a $13 million player, so SF would have no reason to try to save that money. I'm not going to bet against him, he's a great competitor. Jimmy's gonna have a team next year.

The contract has many incentives. IF he flops in SF *then* he will want a "Revis" deal...

The guys on WEEI are taking him to task right now.

Richard we hardly knew ya. Good job Seattle letting him stay in your division!

Looks like Sherman is a card-carrying Garoppolite. So I guess everyone here who wanted NE to go after Sherman will now have to tell us how stupid Sherman obviously must be, since he thinks JG is good based on only a few games, and as we've been told repeatedly here, that's a meaningless and invalid conclusion to draw and only fools would do it.

Looks like Sherman is a card-carrying Garoppolite. So I guess everyone here who wanted NE to go after Sherman will now have to tell us how stupid Sherman obviously must be, since he thinks JG is good based on only a few games, and as we've been told repeatedly here, that's a meaningless and invalid conclusion to draw and only fools would do it.

I think most people on here have said not that Garoppollo is no good, but that he is unproven, which he is. Also, many people (like me) understand it was a difficult salary cap move to trade Jimmy G. when we did (can't keep 2 QBs at starter $$). I don't think Sherman is stupid, and I wish we could have signed him but he wanted too much $$, particularly coming off a major injury.

(PS - I can't wait for my red X!)

Huh?

Sherman is basing it on how well he played in SF, those of us who said he was unproven based it on him only lasting a game and a half when called upon for four. And while he played well in SF he still has a long way to go to become a franchise QB on the field.

How on earth does Sherman’s opinion suddenly become gospel on Malcolm Butler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back