PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sherman Signs with 49ER'S (Updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HailHydra

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Old: Anyone wanna bet on how many hours it takes for us to sign him?

49ers made a huge mistake signing Richard Sherman. He's coming off a torn ACL at the age of 29/30, which points to an evident decline. And holy crap, a 3 Year Deal for $39 million is a TERRIBLE move - considering that his market should have been much lower. I'm sorry San Francisco but having cap doesn't mean completely overspending for players for whom you don't need to overpay for by a large margin. Under this general management, it wouldn't surprise me if San Francisco started to face serious cap trouble in a few years.

Tyrann Mathieu is a much better player that the Patriots will end up signing 100%.

Last edited:
Anyone wanna bet on how many hours it takes for us to sign him?

He’s a free agent now, so don’t we have to wait until the free agency period starts to sign him?

prays.. prays..

Let's talk about Achilles. Where's he at?

I think it might take a while. He'd have to pass a physical, and I don't think he can do that right now.

Just curious, does he absolutely need to pass or can he be signed while injured as long as all parties are okay with it?

I think it might take a while. He'd have to pass a physical, and I don't think he can do that right now.
I could see him being a June signing. Maybe he’ll want to wait out and try to get a better deal then than take something very conditonal now.

This is what makes this entire situation a headache and why him returning to the Seahawks seems not unlikely. He wont be able to go full speed until after OTAs. But he cant wait that long to sign with another team because FA money dries up pretty quickly.

I could see him being a June signing. Maybe he’ll want to wait out and try to get a better deal then than take something very conditonal now.

FA money dries up pretty quickly. He will be left with Jets, Browns and 49ers most probably if he waits that long.

I'm fully on the sign Sherman train. Sherman, Gilmore, Harmon, Chung, McCourty make for one hell of a secondary.

Then add speed at LB and another pass rusher and the defense is markedly better.

The two of them can play lockdown man press coverage with anyone in the league. Holy smokes this HAS to happen.

This has been hyped for over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back