PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seth Wickersham's history of unsourced NFL stories of discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're wrong, though.

No, I'm not.

I remember when they butchered one of his articles so bad it turned out saying the exact opposite of what he had originally posted. After a brief show of anger, he meekly bought an "editorial mistake" excuse and went right back to work. Plus, he often alludes to things he'd not allowed to say or talk about because of his employer. That's not integrity, it's the very definition of a sell out.

Simply put, Mike got f-ed over. He thought about quitting but decided against it. A writer/journalist going against his editor and employer blackballs him. He came close though

Now, if you want to say there are things the Mike hates about ESPN but needs to tolerate in order to cover the team he enjoys covering, provides a solid career path, allows him to have a great work/life balance and pick up his kids at day care and make a couple of bucks then that would be a good assumption.

No, I'm not.

Simply put, Mike got f-ed over. He thought about quitting but decided against it. A writer/journalist going against his editor and employer blackballs him. He came close though

Now, if you want to say there are things the Mike hates about ESPN but needs to tolerate in order to cover the team he enjoys covering, provides a solid career path, allows him to have a great work/life balance and pick up his kids at day care and make a couple of bucks then that would be a good assumption.

He got f'd over, and instead of doing the right thing, he sold out. He's a sell out. Who knows what other things he's sold out on? I don't trust him any more than Wickersham.

He got f'd over, and instead of doing the right thing, he sold out. He's a sell out. Who knows what other things he's sold out on? I don't trust him any more than Wickersham.

What would you like him to do? Quit his job? If you haven’t realized it, every major news media outlet hates the patriots and the local ones are just as bad.

Then don't. Your loss.
It's not a loss at all. I don't read or watch anything BSPN, so I wouldn't be reading his stuff even if I trusted it to be accurate. If he actually does have some insight, I'll probably read about it here. And, I'll be making sure I remember the source and treat the info accordingly.

What would you like him to do? Quit his job? If you haven’t realized it, every major news media outlet hates the patriots and the local ones are just as bad.
If he wants me to trust in the integrity of his reporting? Yes. Since he's clearly not too concerned about such things, he'll just carry on.

It's not a loss at all. I don't read or watch anything BSPN, so I wouldn't be reading his stuff even if I trusted it to be accurate. If he actually does have some insight, I'll probably read about it here. And, I'll be making sure I remember the source and treat the info accordingly.
Ok great

If he wants me to trust in the integrity of his reporting? Yes. Since he's clearly not too concerned about such things, he'll just carry on.

It’s good to know your priorities. Mike has thought about quitting before but he has a family to care for. If you can provide him a job with similar pay and benefits I’m sure he would consider it.

It’s good to know your priorities. Mike has thought about quitting before but he has a family to care for. If you can provide him a job with similar pay and benefits I’m sure he would consider it.
Why are so sure of that? He's had 3 years to find those things for himself and, as far as anyone knows, hasn't even looked.

As I said, he doesn't even seem bothered by the situation. He's fine with his articles being edited after the fact such that they are virtually unrecognizable, and he's fine with his employer having zero ethical standards. How you people can spin that into Mr. Integrity is beyond me.

You don't even know if the article you're reading is the article he wrote. They've done it before and have zero disincentive from doing it again. One thing's for sure, no one down at BSPN is scared of what Reiss will do if they do some shady **** with his work.

Why are so sure of that? He's had 3 years to find those things for himself and, as far as anyone knows, hasn't even looked.

As I said, he doesn't even seem bothered by the situation. He's fine with his articles being edited after the fact such that they are virtually unrecognizable, and he's fine with his employer having zero ethical standards. How you people can spin that into Mr. Integrity is beyond me.

You don't even know if the article you're reading is the article he wrote. They've done it before and have zero disincentive from doing it again. One thing's for sure, no one down at BSPN is scared of what Reiss will do if they do some shady **** with his work.

He has nowhere else to go man. It’s the same patriots hate everywhere.

This is like the Nuremberg Trials. Just because you weren't the Chairman, doesn't mean you weren't in on it.

They're adults and they know what ESPN has done with Goodell in tow, for over a decade now.

Honestly you should probably just delete this account and start over. There's no coming back from a post this stupid.

Honestly you should probably just delete this account and start over. There's no coming back from a post this stupid.

Yes, defending ESPN stooges for Goodell is really intelligent for a Pats fan to do.

Reiss just posted another trollish piece at ESPN Boston even though this WickerSHAM piece was exposed last week.

He has nowhere else to go man. It’s the same patriots hate everywhere.
Whatever. You still trust him. Fine. I don't.

It's definitely not the same everywhere. If you think that, you clearly don't know any of the details about the way cameraplacementgate and defamegate were handled there.

You're wrong, though.

I remember when they butchered one of his articles so bad it turned out saying the exact opposite of what he had originally posted. After a brief show of anger, he meekly bought an "editorial mistake" excuse and went right back to work. Plus, he often alludes to things he'd not allowed to say or talk about because of his employer. That's not integrity, it's the very definition of a sell out.

I remember that. I would called someone I knew at the NFLN right there, asked for a gig, and quit right there on the spot.

Whatever. You still trust him. Fine. I don't.

It's definitely not the same everywhere. If you think that, you clearly don't know any of the details about the way cameraplacementgate and defamegate were handled there.

I don’t trust him. He just has a job to do. That’s all, I just don’t hate him like you do. I respect anyone that works hard to provide for his family. He’s a patriots fan that is working for the enemy. That’s hard, splitting loyalties. I really haven’t followed him since he worked there I know he loves the patriots, but has to do what his bosses say.

I don’t trust him. He just has a job to do. That’s all, I just don’t hate him like you do. I respect anyone that works hard to provide for his family. He’s a patriots fan that is working for the enemy. That’s hard, splitting loyalties. I really haven’t followed him since he worked there I know he loves the patriots, but has to do what his bosses say.
If you don't trust him, why bother reading his stuff? It's pointless to read reporting you don't trust.

ETA: I don't hate him. I just don't trust his reporting. I have no use for a reporter I don't trust.

You're wrong, though.

Ah, yes, the infamous "tighter edit" given to a Reiss article that originally included 7 points about Wickersham/Van Atta article (link to PFT article on the topic). It was reduced to 5 points with the 2 comments that pointed out the absurdity of some of the anonymous allegations being removed.

If you don't trust him, why bother reading his stuff? It's pointless to read reporting you don't trust.

ETA: I don't hate him. I just don't trust his reporting. I have no use for a reporter I don't trust.

Why are we all in this thread. It’s about an article sbitting on our team but someone we really don’t trust. I haven’t read him since he started working for ESPN. I met him a couple of times. He’s a nice guy. I just responded to you to let you know he’s not as bad as you think, he’s just doing his job really. He has no hidden agenda to take down the pats. He had a sick child to take care of and what he does or is forced to do, revolves around that fact. Thanks for the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back