PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Seth Wickersham's history of unsourced NFL stories of discontent

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're new here. Understand this....Goodell is a pathological liar. Proven. Since long before he ever became commissioner. He's lied about where he was schooled. He's lied about his college grades. He's lied about his NFL team interest as a fan when he was in high school. He's lied on ESPN when described as a lawyer, he nods in assent and agrees. He lied about the "evidence" in Spygate4. He lied to the point of spending over 20 million dollars in the Dehategate fiasco to get to the point where the federal court agreed, he can lie anytime he wants. Article 46. He lied about being an NFL intern. He's hidden his direct tie to NYG owner John Mara.

Scum such as Wickedsham write whatever the cyclopean Goodell wants them too. Can I prove this? Well, I sure as hell can write a better hit piece than this idiot, Seth.
You can write a book, man.

How Roger Goodell Is Destroying Professional Football

Look at all the damage he's done in less than twelve years.

100% agree.

But, it's just sad since we know this, others either are too dumb not to, or choose not to see it very their own, matching agenda$, which as we know is always about money.
Propaganda is a reliable, high-octane money machine.

Walsh was looking for his 15 minutes of fame or a payoff from the NFL, because if he had gone AWOL and broadcast all of those tapes, the media, the country, would have seen what Goodell didn't want them to see. Which, of course, was other teams coming into Foxbrough and filming the Pats from the sideline vantage point, which of course would have exposed the framejob Kraft agreed to.

I have never seen Goodell so nervous.
Did you notice the analogy Bill Belichick was drawing at the start of DefameGate, when he indirectly referenced My Cousin Vinny in the balls press conference?

It's the story of two kids driving around, one of whom inadvertently shoplifts a can of tuna, whereupon they're charged with first degree murder.

The Pats going on the offensive to clarify the lies is pretty important and should have been done with Spygate and the Walkthrough tape lies.

Kraft erred badly back then and we're paying for it now. He knew Spygate was a framejob and still capitulated and accepted their proposal. If he had sued the Herald or just gotten the Herald to fire Tomase, I am of the opinion Deflategate and stuff like this would never have happened. No one would have risked being sued and losing everything over this kind of supposed "journalism".

When does this end? Serious question.

At some point in life, you have to take a stand and not play diplomat, wading through the waters.

Goodell has enabled this and I would not be shocked if he made a phone call to the new CEO at ESPN to push this story as a way to try to distract the Pats.

He's got a Jaguars franchise to put in London soon and he sure as hell doesn't want to hand over another Lombardi to Kraft and Company.

Wickersham was as sloppy with his piece as Goodell/Pash/Wells were with the Deflategate framejob. 56 lies can proven in the Wells Report, which means even one lie on a report like that proves that it was a framejob.

If you have evidence or primary sources that are good, you don't need to frame anyone.
You've just earned Poster Of The Week

Notice that BB, TB and RK all came out and refuted parts of shams story. I think if the had deflategate to do over again they would all do things differently.

I’m glad they are refuting this stuff this time but the other times, I got the impression that B.B. thought it so low it didn’t deserve comment but then the media made that look like acquiescence or guilt by not denying it.

However, my co workers who hate the pats say it both ways. Like it’s a no win deal

The unfortunate truth about the times we are living in is that the "Truth" is boring and does not generate dialogue, clicks, ratings ...... The ESPN/Wickersham model of writing already "won" this story. Does not matter to them if everything ultimately proves to be false because they already got what they wanted. As Steve Kerr highlights above, ESPN is actually covering a glorified High School scrimmage just because Lavar Ball purposely makes crazy comments and this "news" generates click and comments. The Felger and Mazz show follows this model. No way they actually believe the positions they spew. It is all to create buzz. The more people pissed off at them the better. Same holds true in out politics as the vast majority of "news" is really just speculation. Never realized it but the National Enquirer was years ahead of its time.

The unfortunate truth about the times we are living in is that the "Truth" is boring and does not generate dialogue, clicks, ratings ...... The ESPN/Wickersham model of writing already "won" this story. Does not matter to them if everything ultimately proves to be false because they already got what they wanted. As Steve Kerr highlights above, ESPN is actually covering a glorified High School scrimmage just because Lavar Ball purposely makes crazy comments and this "news" generates click and comments. The Felger and Mazz show follows this model. No way they actually believe the positions they spew. It is all to create buzz. The more people pissed off at them the better. Same holds true in out politics as the vast majority of "news" is really just speculation. Never realized it but the National Enquirer was years ahead of its time.

Well, they should quit complaining that nobody believes a word they say anymore. It's not the public's fault that the MSM has sold their integrity for click bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back