PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Patriots to workout Plax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plaxico taking throws from Brady in the endzone is a lot different then Plaxico taking throws from Sanchez. Let's see how he looks in the try out before we start dismissing the guy.

Hey if he can help the team then why not ? I trust BB judgement and if Brady thinks he can than do it..

After Ocho, I am a little gun shy about pulling the trigger on Plax. However, imagine Brady in the shotgun throwing a bullet high into the endzone for the
6'4 Burress. Gronk, Hernandez, Plax is some serious red zome ammunition. Which receiver does the D put in their crosshairs to defend?

Ok, it's out of my system in case they sign him

I would sign him just to play him against his old team the Jets and toss a soft TD pass or two to him over the heads and outreached arms of Cromartie and Revis....I would love to see that!
Ho ho ho ho, and then Woodhead for the two points.

Let's also trade for Bernard Pollard

We should just trade for Pollard so we can make him sit on the bench, inactive style. It'd probably be worth it to only have a 52 man roster if we could guarantee us never having to play him again.

I would sign him just to play him against his old team the Jets and toss a soft TD pass or two to him over the heads and outreached arms of Cromartie and Revis....I would love to see that!

If Plax is willing to be designated a team captain for the Jets games, I'm all for the signing :p

some funny replies in this thread haha!!

One that caught my attenton was one that said Britt Davis has a legitimate shot to make our roster over Branch and Stallworth.

:bricks:

We should just trade for Pollard so we can make him sit on the bench, inactive style. It'd probably be worth it to only have a 52 man roster if we could guarantee us never having to play him again.

THIS.

:rocker:

I wonder if this means that Stallworth/Branch are not impressing??

because likely, I view Welker, lloyd, Gaffney as locks

and you would have stallworth/Branch/Plax competing for 1 spot..

It could be a good move...whomever gets it is Not going to be getting that many snaps anyways with those guys plus Hernandez taking most of the snaps.

I seem to remember plaxico dropping some easy passes against us last year...but he did still have 8touchdowns, and the potential of going "big" in the redzone with Gronk/hernandez/Plaxico would be a nightmare for defenses

No. That's all I have to say. This better be a ploy by BB to get the Jets to sign him because they think the Pats are interested.

Every time I hear his name all I can think of is how he fired from the hip with his 17 point prediction during SB week, and Brady fired back with that dumb snicker and laugh. That response by Brady probably helped shoot down the Pats perfect season.

Re: Plax working out!

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Free-agent WR Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots, the team he helped beat in SBXLII. More on ESPN.

...wow

OK, breathe.

If Adam "I haven't been at any practice but I can tell you Mallet is impressive" Schefter said so it must be true.

Seriously, do your due dilligence so if he gets signed by Miami or somebody you have a better idea what he can and can't do. Besides, sign everyone now and if they can help, good. If not, cut players are cheap.:)

Originally Posted by Joey007
You guys do realize you'll have to kiss the gun jokes goodbye if this happens.
Are you saying that we should shoot down the idea of Burress joining the Patriots?

Maybe BB will give him a shot?

:bricks:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick