Schefter: Patriots to workout Plax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-T

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Plax working out!

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Free-agent WR Plaxico Burress is flying today to New England to work out for the Patriots, the team he helped beat in SBXLII. More on ESPN.

...wow

Guessing we posted at roughly the same time :p

Interesting move, although I'd say it's more due diligence than anything else.

Guessing we posted at roughly the same time :p

Interesting move, although I'd say it's more due diligence than anything else.

I would hope so...

Is Rosenhaus his agent? Bill is always doing Drew solids... The scary part is they often result in contracts.

Last edited:
I don't expect him to be signed, but he does have 4 inches on every other WR the Pats have except Britt Davis.

No thanks.

It wouldn't be so bad if they used him in RZ situations, Plax & Gronk is a lot of size to just toss it up and let them fight for the ball, they will beat most DB's most of the time.

I've actually long wanted a receiver with Plax's skill set and I think he has some gas left in the tank, I'm just not sure about him character-wise and wonder how much of the playbook he'll be able to absorb if we were to sign him now.

I also wonder why BB has waited so long to work him out if he had any legitimate interest in him.

Talk about shooting ourselves in the foot!

I'll be here all week.

i dont have alot of faith left in branch or stallworth - britt aint it.. welcome plax - can he play for the pats? why not...

My first instinct is to vomit. However, as a non starter, this might work out for us. This leads me to believe Stallworth isn't lighting the world on fire and maybe Gaffney and Branch are both on their way out?

I always thought I would hate him forever for his SB42 catch, but maybe this year he could make up for it.

I hate you Plax:mad:

I've actually long wanted a receiver with Plax's skill set and I think he has some gas left in the tank, I'm just not sure about him character-wise and wonder how much of the playbook he'll be able to absorb if we were to sign him now.

I also wonder why BB has waited so long to work him out if he had any legitimate interest in him.

Got to believe the interest is legit, wasn't he on the verge of signing with Dallas a day or two ago?

Wouldn't be surprised if he's signed by the end of the day.

It just came out four days ago that Plax is willing to play for the minimum.

Patriots to Work Out WR Plaxico Burress

Patriots to Work Out WR Plaxico Burress
By: Ian Logue

An interesting report this morning after ESPN's Adam Schefter Tweeted that free agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress is flying to New England to work out for the Patriots....

It will either be DD by BB or a WTF signing :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back