PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Patriots to workout Plax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can he play OT?*

*Replaces "Can he rush the passer" from past year's threads.

what do you mean? Do you think BB and the staff have enough time to scout a player they are not interested in simply to build a file on him so that if he happens to get picked up by a team they play, and actually have any meaningful role on said team, they can defensively scheme against him? Like the 100 games he's played they don't have tape on?

the only tape they need is don't put a 5'10 DB, two days prior to to groin surgery, single coverage on him on the goal line.

That tape is 5 years old. And they aren't scouting him as an opponent. They're scouting him as a potential last ditch injury replacement during the season. They scout a ton of guys at this time every season for just that reason. To update the rolodex or remove the entry altogether so that if the time comes or the need arises they have an idea what is and isn't viable among the available.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
Shades of Haynesworth.
And I was right about Haynesworth.

He is only good for redzone...but we have gronk, hernandez and lloyd who catches everything...no need imo

Oh great. I was at a bbq yesterday and I was abusing a Dallas fan for the Cowboys signing him. Wonderful :(. The guy was telling me they signed him.

Um do they really need another WR? I don't think so. O-LINEMEN are needed not WRS:mad:

If this guy is on the roster in September, I'll eat my hat.

Um do they really need another WR? I don't think so. O-LINEMEN are needed not WRS:mad:

SMY has tweeted the Pats are looking at Chad Clifton too.

His role would be clearly defined if we sign him. Unlike Stallworth and Branch.

SMY has tweeted the Pats are looking at Chad Clifton too.

The Packers cut Clifton because of his injuries, but he could be a help if their medical staff guessed wrong about the guy.

Actually Shalize says they are looking at several players - due diligence.

shalise manza young ‏@shalisemyoung

Pats doing due diligence on several players: hearing they will host former Packers T Chad Clifton in addition to Burress.

I KNEW IT! I should have thread it awhile ago. Good move IMO, I hope we do $ign him. He wants to play and is still motivated and would be our answer to Tebow usage down in Red Zone.
5 Spread Gronk,AH,Lloyd,Plax and anyone else! SCARY!

Would have rather looked at Edwards.

It could be an Elston Howard move ...cross sports but if you're old enough to get the reference, ten points and a gold star....

No thanks. I want nothing to do with the guy who ended our perfect season. It's childish, I know.

Would have rather looked at Edwards.

The word is that Burress is actually an acceptable human being these days, a guy who has never been a team cancer and who is atoning for his big mistake. Edwards, on the other hand, is just a complete turd. In addition, Burress was decent last year with Marky Mark throwing him the ball, while Edwards proved in SF that is as worthless on the field as he is off of it. That said, I think there's about a 5% chance Burress is actually on the team in September.

Actually Shalize says they are looking at several players - due diligence.

shalise manza young ‏@shalisemyoung

Pats doing due diligence on several players: hearing they will host former Packers T Chad Clifton in addition to Burress.

If the Pats want an old veteran T, they should contact ESPN studios.

Only sign Burress while under extreme duress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes