PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Patriots to workout Plax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Reiss @MikeReiss
1 follow-up thought on Plaxico Burress workout: With Deion Branch limited & Britt Davis injured Thursday, numbers thinned a bit

Bit more on it.

David Tyree is available as well

I would hope so...

Is Rosenhaus his agent? Bill is always doing Drew solids... The scary part is they often result in contracts.
That's an interesting take that makes a lot of sense. The Pats showing interest, real or not, makes Plax a much more interesting prospect to other teams.

As to actually signing him, he clearly still is a legitimate red zone threat. He was very effective in that roll with the Jets. Supposedly he has added some speed in his 2nd year back from stir, but I would question that until I saw evidence of it first hand. But I still don't see the fit here.

Besides why would Plax want to come here to fill what would be at best a very limited role. I can't see him accepting that well. No, Mo, the more I think on it, the more I think you nailed it. This is a simply favor for a Rosenhaus client. A chit that he will cash down the road.

I see no problem kicking the tires. Him and Gronk in the red zone will be almost unstoppable with their height and I think Plax has more to offer than Branch and Stallworth.

I doubt the Pats will sign him. Probably for the shadow roster. At this point, he is just a red zone WR and he doesn't bring anything more than Gronk or Hernandez bring in that area,

gronk
hernandez
welker
lloyd
gaffney
stallwroth
branch

uhhhh :confused:

This would be his bounce back year following last year's recovery from being inmate #_______. It wouldn't suprise me if he were able to put together a solid season so, if Branch/Stallworth isn't cutting it, I don't see any real downside here.

I would sign him just to play him against his old team the Jets and toss a soft TD pass or two to him over the heads and outreached arms of Cromartie and Revis....I would love to see that!

I doubt the Pats will sign him. Probably for the shadow roster. At this point, he is just a red zone WR and he doesn't bring anything more than Gronk or Hernandez bring in that area,

The more RZ targets the better.

Plax at 6'5" offers more in that area of the field than any other WR the Pats currently have.

Example, empty backfield with:
Plax, Welker, Lloyd, Hernandez, Gronkowski

Who do you cover? double up on any of them and you're in big trouble with any of the others.

It also leaves Brady with multiple options, he can toss it up for Gronk & Plax or have the precise routes of Welker, Lloyd & Hernandez.

Bill seems to have a thing for washed up former top ten first rounders.

Robert Gallery
Fred Taylor
Joey Galloway

And mid 1st rounders
Albert Haynesworth
Randy Moss....proven not to be washed up

With a vacancy at LB, lets get the Boz on the phone

Why didn't the Green Beans want him back? Anyone know?

I think he would actually fit nicely as this team's 4th WR, adding something that the rest don't. Branch is just an inferior Gaffney and Stallworth is an inferior Lloyd, atleast Plax is a big target type WR.

He'd probably be more effective than Stallworth and Branch at this point.

Bill seems to have a thing for washed up former top ten first rounders.

Robert Gallery
Fred Taylor
Joey Galloway

And mid 1st rounders
Albert Haynesworth
Randy Moss....proven not to be washed up

With a vacancy at LB, lets get the Boz on the phone

Andre Carter and Gerard Warren have worked out pretty well.

Can he play Tackle?

Today is Plax's 35th birthday. Not a bad day to sign on.

Who really knows how far he can go with this team?? I have a sense he might surprise in this regard. Here's to him staying on for a couple years.

Guessing we posted at roughly the same time :p

Interesting move, although I'd say it's more due diligence than anything else.

what do you mean? Do you think BB and the staff have enough time to scout a player they are not interested in simply to build a file on him so that if he happens to get picked up by a team they play, and actually have any meaningful role on said team, they can defensively scheme against him? Like the 100 games he's played they don't have tape on?

the only tape they need is don't put a 5'10 DB, two days prior to to groin surgery, single coverage on him on the goal line.

honestly... I would rather have Randy Moss right now

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore