Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Patriots to Work Out WR Plaxico Burress

um , wow. That would be interesting.

can he play tight end??

can he play tight end??

Yeah he played split slot and tight on the JV squad at Sing Sing.

Apparently some of you think that this WR core is outstanding. It is not. Brady makes these guys look a lot better.

No one really knows how good Lloyd will end up being on this team or if he'll even be an upgrade at all. People "assumed" that chad Johnson would be for some silly reason.

Plex has great size and can still be a very good RZ threat at the very least. I'd love to see Plex on the Pats, especially as he'd probably be motivated to kick the tar out of the Jets and the Giants. He wouldn't cost a lot, and he'd be great to have for dept. Please sign him BB.

I'm in this boat. Heck, he must have been doing something right to have racked up 612 yards with a 13.6 average and caught eight touchdowns last season for the Jets of all teams with Sanchez throwing to him on a big down year for them. Played in all 16 games and started 13 of them...not bad for a run down guy and he Steelers were willing to offer him a two year deal before he opted to stay in NY.

I don't see the Stallworth and Branch hype. I just dont. I think both could find themselves out of a job by final cutdowns and I think we could still add a skill set to our corps that Burress has. If he's fit, put him in the uniform for a couple of games and see whathe can do during preseason. What's the harm in it?

Gronk AND Burress in the redzone? The thought is almost scary!

Last edited:
I would have liked the signing, as it would give defenses another big body to worry about in the red area. Plax, if nothing else, would still be a huge red zone target for any team.

Which begs the question, why is Rosenhaus having such a hard time even getting him visits?? Apparently 31 coaches and FO personnel just don't see the upside on a 53 man roster with 46 game day actives...and it would appear #32 didn't really either.

Last edited:

Apparently some of you think that this WR core is outstanding. It is not. Brady makes these guys look a lot better.

No one really knows how good Lloyd will end up being on this team or if he'll even be an upgrade at all. People "assumed" that chad Johnson would be for some silly reason.

Plex has great size and can still be a very good RZ threat at the very least. I'd love to see Plex on the Pats, especially as he'd probably be motivated to kick the tar out of the Jets and the Giants. He wouldn't cost a lot, and he'd be great to have for dept. Please sign him BB.

There is a pretty specific reason why the previous #85 didn't work out here. Lloyd has already answered that question, so you'd have to come up with another reason why he might not work out here. We know that he has the mental wherewithal to fit in here, so for it not to work out he would have to not have it physically. Which, based on all reports, isn't going to be a problem.

In short, there's no reason to think that Lloyd won't be quite effective here. Add in Gaffney and Stallworth, who have already shown the ability to play in this system, and you have the likelihood that the Patriots will already be cutting one WR who's, at worst, about as good as Plax. The only reason at all to bring him on board would be that the Pats decided that his size was worth more than Stallworth's speed. Could happen, but if Stallworth's going to contribute on ST, then I'd just as soon take him. Between Hernandez and Gronk, we're not exactly short on big red zone targets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey