PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Patriots to workout Plax

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we're still targeting a wide receiver? :rolleyes:

From the reports we've gotten BB seems to be taking aim at both the WR and OT positions.

Interesting proposition. If Burress has anything left (assuming he is signed) a 2TE 3WR O set would be Gronkowski, Hernandez, Welker, Lloyd, Burress.

Cirque du Foxborlei.

Last edited:
That could be very devastating I'm the red zone paired up with Gronk, with Plax and Gronk on the outside, and Gaffney and Hernandez in the slot, with Riddley or Bolden in the back field.

Last edited:
But will he pull the trigger on a signing?

I feel so juvenile laughing at this stuff :)

Seriously though, it might just be sour grapes but I'd prefer not seeing that d-bag on the Pats

didn't a report come out saying he wanted too much $$..the reason he still hasn't found a team?

Well, for those who don't want Burress, Chad Johnson is available. ;)

Maybe the Pats promised Plax he could work with these guys if he scored a TD

Well, for those who don't want Burress, Chad Johnson is available. ;)

say wha?.............

558_machine-gun-cat.gif

Unsubstantiated reports are that Plaxico refused to go on the field while Chung was still working out because apparently Plax only does things with the safety off.

didn't a report come out saying he wanted too much $$..the reason he still hasn't found a team?

I believe Plax has stated recently he would take Vet's Min. Makes $ense why BB brought him in today.

I believe Plax has stated recently he would take Vet's Min. Makes $ense why BB brought him in today.

I agree, especially since the Dolphins will likely be calling him now to replace Chad makes sense to see what he has to offer prior to the Dolphins making a run at him.

That could be very devastating I'm the red zone paired up with Gronk, with Plax and Gronk on the outside, and Gaffney and Hernandez in the slot, with Riddley or Bolden in the back field.

You have Gaffney in the slot ahead of Welker? Are we releasing Welker to sign Burress?

You have Gaffney in the slot ahead of Welker? Are we releasing Welker to sign Burress?

Red zone substitution, inside the 5 yard line I would sub Welker out. The point of that formation would be to go big and get size advantages.

Red zone substitution, inside the 5 yard line I would sub Welker out. The point of that formation would be to go big and get size advantages.

Welker is too good at those little goal line dive catches of the ball

Not the best choice. Brady has an 85% completion percentage with him and Welker was their second leading receiver down there having been targeted 20 times for 17 receptions, 133 yards (7.8 avg) and 6 touchdowns in the red zones during the regular season. Not bad considering Gronkowski was their leading red zone guy with 26 targets for 18 receptions, 183 yards (10.2 avg) and 12 TD's.

So I agree it wouldn't hurt to have a 3rd receiver who could be effective down there, but Welker wouldn't be a guy I'd remove.

You can view the complete #'s here:

2011 Patriots Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back