PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter: Patriots to workout Plax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red zone substitution, inside the 5 yard line I would sub Welker out. The point of that formation would be to go big and get size advantages.

To answer your point about inside the 5, I ran the numbers to see how they did from the 5 (I did from on the 5 and forward) in last season:

Tom Brady 31-of-14 (45%) 32 yards, 12 touchdowns, 1 INT

The total receiving is attached and should appear below, and if you look I do actually agree with you that while Welker may not be the biggest problem, they could probably use another guy to help Brady out a little :) :

Attachments

• inside-the-5-receiving.jpg
    inside-the-5-receiving.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
yeah...I know I know...but I'm SICK of him....every season it's Welker this and Welker that....he catches a hundred plus every season..sick of him...I need somebody new to get excited about...otherwise it's like that shirt I bought the other day...yeah...I threw it away before I even got home...sick of that shirt

Really, Plax is BB's idea to give the receiving corp a shot in the arm? I think it's a long shot. Plax isn't the hot shot freakish athlete that he used to be.

Seriously, tho, I think Branch may need to start contemplating retirement pretty seriously just about now.

Unsubstantiated reports are that Plaxico refused to go on the field while Chung was still working out because apparently Plax only does things with the safety off.

I'm confused. I thought that was Cromartie?

Last edited:
Shoot the beast.......................... errrrrr, I mean SIGN THE BEAST. :cool:

Just saw on ESPN's Bottom Line while watching the LA Galaxy vs Chivas USA MLS game that Schefter is saying we're not signing Plax.

yeah...heard that on the NFL channel about 2 hours ago....that's what it is these days..."...did you hear?...somebody farted in Foxboro!"....ten seconds later ..."giant gas cloud descends on Patriots practice bubble!!!"

Somebody should invent a device that MUST be attached to the fingers of these tweeters...if more than a million people press the button they get to use at home, the recipient gets a massive jolt of electricity...that would shut these morons up...but then guys like Ocho would probably dig it and get addicted to the pain...

In the "for what it's worth" department, Mike Greenberg thinks this is a classic move by BB and Plax will be a good contributor

Last edited:
It wouldn't be so bad if they used him in RZ situations, Plax & Gronk is a lot of size to just toss it up and let them fight for the ball, they will beat most DB's most of the time.

Yes, it's great to have depth as I would have liked to keep Anthony Gonzalez and Chad Johnson as well, but at who's expense? I wouldn't want Plax over any of our current WR corp. We're already going to have to cut a good receiver as it is.

Just saw on ESPN's Bottom Line while watching the LA Galaxy vs Chivas USA MLS game that Schefter is saying we're not signing Plax.

Bullet dodged!

This is just BB doing his "due-diligence" in case of an injury. There is no reason to sign another WR at the moment. But you can never be too prepared in case you do need one.

Re: Patriots to Work Out WR Plaxico Burress

Do- not - want. The depth of the WR corps is fine, we don't have to take a chance on another clown that was even too clownish for the New Jersey Jets.

Hopefully BB is only bringing him in to motivate the WRs on the bubble, not that they need it but thats what I'm hanging my hopes...er, I mean my hat on. :D

Who is Plax's agent?

I've been suspicious that this was done as a favor to his agent.

I would have liked the signing, as it would give defenses another big body to worry about in the red area. Plax, if nothing else, would still be a huge red zone target for any team.

Re: Patriots to Work Out WR Plaxico Burress

Apparently some of you think that this WR core is outstanding. It is not. Brady makes these guys look a lot better.

No one really knows how good Lloyd will end up being on this team or if he'll even be an upgrade at all. People "assumed" that chad Johnson would be for some silly reason.

Plex has great size and can still be a very good RZ threat at the very least. I'd love to see Plex on the Pats, especially as he'd probably be motivated to kick the tar out of the Jets and the Giants. He wouldn't cost a lot, and he'd be great to have for dept. Please sign him BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots