PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

sanu released

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you manage to get cut when your competition is NKeal Harry, Gunner Oshleveki, Jacobi Meyers and other nobodies?
Age, ability, salary. But yeah, I get what you're saying.

Not very surprising, but I thought he would stick because:

1.) We were paying him 6.5M.
2.) We had plenty of cap space.
3.) I never thought he added anything to the offense that we didn't already have, but he was one of our top 5 WR's for sure.

===============

Guess this means Jeff Thomas or Jakobi Meyers made it.....
While the Pats have plenty of cap space, no need to waste it on players that aren’t performing up to their salaries. And if they are beginning a retooling/rebuild, they might be treating 2020 like 2000, and having the extra cap space handy to use in 2021 (when the COVID cap issues will begin) can be a competitive advantage. The declining cap helped them stay competitive during the 2010/2011 youth movement by being able to sign vets on the cheap (thinking of Andre Carter, Mark Anderson, Alge Crumpler, Brian Waters).

Barring a trade, Jakobi Meyers is probably going to make the team. It's down to him and Devin Ross, but Ross is a small deep threat receiver, which we already have in Damiere Byrd. Whereas Harry is the only big-body receiver on the team. Meyers is insurance if Harry gets hurt again.

I wonder which WR Belichick will trade a 2nd for this year.

Keep Josh McDaniels out of ALL trades and draft pick opinions for any offensive skill position players. N'Keal and Michel are next on the chopping block. Just like Maroney and Chad Jackson.

Can anyone here catch a football and run crisp routes?

And we waited this long to do it?? And didn't even Draft a WR to groom bravo the WR evaluating took another hit. Like they can go any lower. :rolleyes:
They could be like you. That is certainly lower

The Pats are going to trade for a WR.

Who wants guess who the next bust will be?

Edelman has never started more than 13 games in a season and is 34.

Everything behind him on the depth chart is a mystery.

Ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye