PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

sanu released

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got Gunneman, Julio, Nickle, and a bird? At least Damarius Thomas is good

They also recently singed Andrea Bocelli who I would think is just here to sing the national anthem.

So, not bad....

With Harry getting mediocre reviews, JE11 battling injury before the season begins, WR looks even weaker than usual. High need to add talent imo.

The following six wide receivers will make the initial roster based on my view: Julian Edelman, N’Keal Harry, Gunner Olszewski, Damiere Byrd, Devin Ross, and Jeff Thomas.

Now announce that OBJ has been traded to the Pats. That will make this ouchy all better.

Wow. My initial prophecy came true when I called that he would get cut this off season during last season. The board did not like that take.

However, I backed off recently because nobody was emerging and they had a ton of cap space.

But what a terrible, terrible trade. Between taking Williams with their 2019 2nd round pick and then overpaying for a 2nd for Sanu, they could've used that on a WR in the 2019 or 2020 draft to help if Harry busts.

Hopefully the young guys step up, I think there's potential there.

Regardless, cutting Sanu despite the bad trade is a sign of strength not a sign of weakness. 31 other GMs would hold him just to save face (though admittedly none of them may have made the trade in the first place).

It's funny because admittedly the board half convinced me that they were going to end up keeping Sanu.

The points were good. He had been practicing with the updated circle of trust, and the WR group has so little veteran help.

We'll see what happens next. It's always a good ride with Bill.

Pats’ HOF?..or Pats’ Hall of Shame..

Brady's fault

But-Thats-None-Of-My-Business.jpg

Not that he was that good but who the hell is the Patriots quarterback going to throw to?

Well, I hated the trade before I knew it was a 2nd round pick, hated it more after I learned it was for a 2nd round pick, and now it was a terrible waste of a second round pick. At least with a draft pick, there is a possibility of something, upside...Sanu has always been slow and soft. This is Brady's fault.

Pats’ HOF?..or Pats’ Hall of Shame..

Hall of Shame for sure, but BB gets blame for putting an inexperienced player back to return a punt who's only fielded one punt his entire career. He clearly looked uncomfortable doing it.

Chalk that up as Billy's last blunder for Tom Brady.

And Brady gets blame if he actually pushed this trade.

It's ok.... the Sanu badness might be offset by possible Jeff Thomas awesomeness..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back