PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SANU: Length of half-time cost us the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point, but in fairness to sanu, the Falcons did have more momentum to lose. Momentum can matter in a game like that. Look what the Pats did with their own momentum after the Hightower strip sack

Like a tennis match stopped by darkness. The trailing player is always happy for that to happen.

Oh give me a break.

Teams were 2,545-4 in the history of football when taking a 25 point lead.

Teams were 93-0 in the playoffs going into the 4th quarter leading by at least 19.

But yep it was the 18 extra minutes that.

I actually saw the interview. The headline of this thread is misleading. Sanu was very respectful, good guy in the interview. The panel asked him if the half time length could have been a factor and he said yes, it could have been. They asked him if they had simulated the half time length in practice and he said no. He called Brady as one of the greatest as well. Little bit of "fake news" here....in fact I started liking Sanu even more after the interview.

You can't make this sh!t up..

Falcons player says Lady Gaga halftime show contributed to Super Bowl meltdown

Sanu talks Super Bowl LI loss

Hey, Mohamed. Newsflash. SB Half-times have always been longer than regular ones since the league has people doing a mini-concert for the fans.. If you couldn't get re-started, that's on your team because that's a known quantity.

If you noticed, I actually toned down what the article said.. We'll agree to disagree about the excuse making because they have been.

I'll take your word for it about the excuse making. All of the Atlanta players and coaches I've seen interviewed have been disappointed, regretful that they didn't make the play or two that would have changed the outcome, and acknowledging that the Patriots did make those plays.

Its a hard thing to swallow, what that team went threw by losing that game with that lead, that late. Most humans would make excuses, look for people to blame, find any reason they can why they aren't fully responsible. That's normal, protective behavior, an aspect of a healthy psychology. It takes time to work it through, so as not to do damage to the ego.

It takes an unusual amount of character to not make excuses. Those players who are able to go on TV and talk about it at this point are stronger than the average human.

I did not attach a political distinction to it. Just implied he melts under adversity
I know, I know. That's why I put the :p after my post. It's just one of those words

Did any of you actually watch the video? He didn't make an excuse about anything. He made an observation about how the halftime affected him and his teammates, from an energy standpoint. He's not blaming it, or anyone, or backing off of the fact that they lost the game fair and square. He's simply talking about what happened, which is what he is asked to do, and acknowledging what they weren't ready for.

Exactly! I saw the interview and Sanu came off really good and didn't blame halftime at all. Stupid thread if you ask me. "Nothing to see here, move along"

Ya, that must have been the reason they lost--the Lady Gaga plot.

Sure, JE is a better player. But his mouth runs nonstop.
Running mouth is not a problem. Running mouth and not backing it up is a problem. Edelman flaps the gums, but he carries the team too, I see him a lot like I see Dustin Pedroia and like I saw Brad Marchand a few years ago. The performance justifies the antics.

Running mouth is not a problem. Running mouth and not backing it up is a problem. Edelman flaps the gums, but he carries the team too, I see him a lot like I see Dustin Pedroia and like I saw Brad Marchand a few years ago. The performance justifies the antics.

Yeah, but he said Patriots don't talk much. That is patently untrue - Brady is also a known trash talker. Besides, I thought Sanu was funny - and he was right when he said Edelman caught the ball.

You can't make this sh!t up..

Falcons player says Lady Gaga halftime show contributed to Super Bowl meltdown

Sanu talks Super Bowl LI loss
Hey, Mohamed. Newsflash. SB Half-times have always been longer than regular ones since the league has people doing a mini-concert for the fans.. If you couldn't get re-started, that's on your team because that's a known quantity.

Well, I suppose that's an advantage. Teams that go to the super bowl often understand what half-time will be like.

Teams that don't, won't.

Who says super bowl experience "doesn't help," right? :)

In Sanu's defense, he was invited to complain about it. Still shouldn't have taken the bait.

The halftime show was basically the only opportunity their defense got to rest over the last 2 and a half hours of the game. If anything it helped them.

I don't have an issue with what Sanu said.

There's nothing wrong in what he said. The Patriots were there two years ago, along with many of its players. The Falcons did not have experience with that and it probably did hurt them. His comments are not worth making a story about.

..Where did he say it cost them the game? Misleading thread title.

There's nothing wrong in what he said. The Patriots were there two years ago, along with many of its players. The Falcons did not have experience with that and it probably did hurt them. His comments are not worth making a story about.
Quinn has coached in 3 of the past 4 Super Bowls, he should have prepared them better but experience is hard to replace. Sanu seems like a good honest dude though, definitely didn't say they lost because of it. That's bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News