PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

More greed from the NFL....

Instead of all this pop Kiss 108 soft as **** music they should absolutely do a "Gods of Heavy Metal Super Bowl Halftime Show"

3 Acts..

-Iron Maiden
-Megadeth (or Motorhead or Slayer)
-Metallica

Non story.
SB is the most watched TV event. SB halftime now has become the most(?) watched musical showcase event. NFL wants $$$ for the performer to be on the world's biggest showcase, some 'performers' want $$$ to be the performer in that showcase. Utter non story.

Like some others, this "showcase" is wasted on me. Don't watch it (see my sig since February). Now if they projected a giant hologram of Carl Sagan in the middle of the field 'performing' an episode of the original Cosmos with digital audio enhancement especially of the phrase "billions and billions"? I'm glued to my seat (but I'm a nerd who cares nothing about today's or yesterday's musical '!sensations!').

Instead of all this pop Kiss 108 soft as **** music they should absolutely do a "Gods of Heavy Metal Super Bowl Halftime Show"

3 Acts..

-Iron Maiden
-Megadeth (or Motorhead or Slayer)
-Metallica

That would be one hell of a show. Peace Sells or Symphony of Destruction and Master of Puppets would be appropriate for Goodell and his Puppet masters.

I agree its very good but not on EoMS level....

With that said very few albums are and will ever be.
Not to digress from the purpose of this thread, but agreed that Exile is an absolute masterpiece. Ever watch the documentary (Stones in Exile) about the making of the album? If not, def check it out.

The circumstances were so chaotic, as was their creative process. They would basically jam out in the water-logged basement of Keith's castle in the French Riviera (Whenever Keith was sober enough) without much of a clue, or care, if they had "songs".

The NFL has the right to do whatever they want, but they are indeed being greedy here, and their greed may result in a lower quality product for fans to consume.

Let’s face it: the Super Bowl is marketed as an event far beyond just football. This forum is skewed because we are, by definition, Pats fans so we are focused just a wee bit more on the game itself than the halftime show... but there are indeed many people for whom the halftime show is a major part of their enjoyment. There are people who go into work the next day talking more about Lady Gaga than Donta Hightower. *Those* are the people the NFL risks losing attention from if the halftime act sucks.

Not trying to hijack this thread but I disagree strongly about the "people" the NFL "risk" losing. I use "" bc the NFL doesn't look at us as people or even think their risking anything.

The older my son gets, the **** product and fantasy football rules make it that much easier to say to the league. I'll prob always pay a small amount of attention to it (checking scores & standings) but it's becoming easier to walk away. The product is that bad.

That would be one hell of a show. Peace Sells or Symphony of Destruction and Master of Puppets would be appropriate for Goodell and his Puppet masters.
Epic

Just have this big picture banner fall behind Hetfield like the U2 1/2 time show....

download.jpeg

Not to digress from the purpose of this thread, but agreed that Exile is an absolute masterpiece. Ever watch the documentary (Stones in Exile) about the making of the album? If not, def check it out.

This thread has just about petered out.

Thanks..on the watch list.

The circumstances were so chaotic, as was their creative process. They would basically jam out in the water-logged basement of Keith's castle in the French Riviera (Whenever Keith was sober enough) without much of a clue, or care, if they had "songs".

Fascinating.

"Form the Banana. Form, form the Banana."
"Peel the Banana. Peel, peel the Banana...."

There...you listen to it...listen to it, I tell you...

Who "forms" a damn banana? Who? Who? Tell me. Who?

Goodell.

Personally, I could care less about the half time show. I have never seen one. Half time is my smoke break and time I use to refill my drink and get more food.

If the NFL got Ghost and Slipknot or Bullet for my Valentine and Trivium, or any other contemporary metal bands to perform, it would ruin my smoke break.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back