PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SANU: Length of half-time cost us the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did any of you actually watch the video? He didn't make an excuse about anything. He made an observation about how the halftime affected him and his teammates, from an energy standpoint. He's not blaming it, or anyone, or backing off of the fact that they lost the game fair and square. He's simply talking about what happened, which is what he is asked to do, and acknowledging what they weren't ready for.

Yes. I watched the video. And we'll agree to disagree on what he meant. It sure seemed to me that he was blaming the extended half-time on them not being able to get back into the flow of things. Claiming that it's not something you can practice is BS. Yes, it is. In fact, they used to do it with 2-a-days. But even without 2-a-days, guys go in and lift and then wait and then practice all the time.

Hardly. Each team scored a TD in the 3rd. They just hit their extra point.
Not to quibble, but the last time I checked a point's a point and if you get one more than the other team, you're ahead or you win. If the Pats had lost the game by one point, it wouldn't have been "just" an "extra point."

Did any of you actually watch the video? He didn't make an excuse about anything. He made an observation about how the halftime affected him and his teammates, from an energy standpoint. He's not blaming it, or anyone, or backing off of the fact that they lost the game fair and square. He's simply talking about what happened, which is what he is asked to do, and acknowledging what they weren't ready for.
He was mic'd up for the game, and after the Pats failed onside kick, he turns to a teammate and says "they tried to fool us." Then, he repeats it. Well, no **** **** Tracy. He is not very bright. People saying Pats did the right thing signing Hogan instead of Sanu: absolutely.

Remember, it was not just halftime. The Atlanta offense had not been on the field since midway through the 2nd quarter - well over an hour. Hard to anticipate that. Sanu did not even bring it up - he was asked if it was a negative and he said yes. Wow, that is really worth getting lathered up about.

EXCUSES, EXCUSES, EXCUSES

After half: Falcons quick three & out, Pats three & out, Falcons TD. Not buying this BS.

Not to quibble, but the last time I checked a point's a point and if you get one more than the other team, you're ahead or you win. If the Pats had lost the game by one point, it wouldn't have been "just" an "extra point."

And Stephen G would be public enemy # 2 ( Behind Roger) in Foxboro.

During an interview with NFL Network’s Good Morning Football on Friday, Falcons receiver Mohamed Sanu was asked if the lengthy halftime show had a negative affect on his team.

“It definitely did,” Sanu said.

That sound you hear is Gaga album sales crashing in Atlanta.

“Usually, halftime is only like 15 minutes, and when you’re not on the field for like an hour, it’s just like going to work out, like a great workout, and you go sit on the couch for an hour and then try to start working out again,” Sanu said.
The Patriots, through the use of unauthorized time travel, were able to come back on the field after just 15 minutes and CRUSHED the Falcons with freshness. Call the commissioner, we have GaGaGate!

What really happened here: Sanu asked a question on a talk show and gives a benign answer. Some jerk from CBS has nothing to write about that day, so decides to put a spin on this and embellish the story. Add a click bait headline. This sh*t never happens in Boston.

Wow. There is no other logical explanation if you really think about as to why the Falcons blew a 25 point lead in the 2nd half. That has to be the reason. It all makes sense. That Mr. Sannu is smucking fart.

Last edited:
So glad the NEP didn't sign this snowflake.

This guy has been in the business of denial and excuse making for 3 weeks now.
"Snowflake"??

Oh no, you didn't just say that! :p

Hmm. Interesting. Because I remember the Cowboys being up on the Bills 28-10 at halftime in Super Bowl XXVII. Not only did the Cowboys increase their lead in the 2nd half, Michael Irvin (fellow WR) wasn't even in the locker room as he snuck out so he could see Michael Jackson's performance!

I don't think the length of halftime was the issue (which it shouldn't be anyway). I think it was NE making halftime adjustments, Brady taking it play by play and being clutch, and ATL having that disastrous last drive where they went backwards with penalties and not running the ball (and clock).

The best part about this is that Bill Belichick practices going into the locker for a longer amount of time for the SB. Saying that BB is a 'no stone left unturned' type of coach doesn't come close to describing him as much as that factoid.

Super Bowl halftime is twice as long. Here's how it messes with players.
As I posted positive, strategic notes on the game-day thread (and piling up dislikes from ship-jumpers), I was consciously thankful for every second of that halftime, each of which seemed to last forever [tick, tick, tick]. My daughters watched Gaga while I recharged, regrouped and rechecked the refrigerator. Pats needed the break badly. I knew Brady was not even considering not winning this game, same as Grogan in SB XX. Steve didn't have the horses to pull that one out; Tom did.

I agree if that was what he was doing. I don't think that was though - he was commenting on the effect of the halftime and said he had not experienced it before. Most players in Super Bowls have noted this.
Searching for excuses

Do you have any links to this? I'm curious to read or watch what else he has said.

As for signing him or Marvin Jones. The one thing I remember is when AJ Green went down and neither of those 2 players were able to step up as a #1 receiver.
I forget what he said. He was *****ing. If I find it I'll edit the post.

Did the Patriots have a shorter halftime break?
Fair point, but in fairness to sanu, the Falcons did have more momentum to lose. Momentum can matter in a game like that. Look what the Pats did with their own momentum after the Hightower strip sack

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes