PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

SANU: Length of half-time cost us the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
..Where did he say it cost them the game? Misleading thread title.

Every story in the headlines on this site is about Sanu. I guess it is "more probable than not" that he blamed the loss on Lady Gaga. Talk about overreaction ....

In Sanu's defense, he was invited to complain about it. Still shouldn't have taken the bait.

Here's the thing, the four people who host that morning show on NYJFL* Network are not those malicious media types. They weren't baiting him into anything. He was asked a question of how halftime affected them. He answered it. I didn't see any sour grapes.

I'm starting to wonder if people actually watched the video that was posted?

Here's the thing, the four people who host that morning show on NYJFL* Network are not those malicious media types. They weren't baiting him into anything. He was asked a question of how halftime affected them. He answered it. I didn't see any sour grapes.

I didn't watch the video because I didn't need to. I found out everything I needed to know from the responses.

No wonder athletes, or anyone for that matter, hate answering questions. The media and knee jerk fans are stretching so much with this one, hopefully no one pulls a muscle.

Sadly it looks like the better half of this thread bought the narrative spun by every local outlet pushing this as a "story". Sensational headline, pathetic attempt at stirring the pot, 0/10.

Last edited:
I didn't read the entire thread, but, in my opinion, the reason that Atlanta lost the superbowl was because they had an 18 point lead at half time.

Atlanta won the game, at halftime they were probably talking about the clubs they were gonna hit up in Houston, all laughing and joking about how everyone said they never had a chance, they were gonna get smoked. Elation.

The Patriots were discussing how they were going to win the game.

Atlanta kicked our asses and "won", that's got a lot to do with why they lost. They just "won" by halftime.

Gagate!

Except I'm pretty sure Atlanta extended their lead after halftime.

The more I hear Sanu talk, the less I like him and the more I'm glad Atlanta choked.
He brought the Bengals sense of uber-meltdown to the Falcons. For that I am grateful.

Top 5 reasons Atlanta lost.

Number 5 - Head coach leaves BB hanging when BB offers a mid week bro-hug
Number 4 - Spotlight too bright, Falcons too emotional and don't pace themselves early.
Number 3 - Lady Gaga performed too many songs.
Number 2 - Idiotic owner decides to take the field in the third quarter.
And the number 1 reason Atlanta lost.......
Number 1 - The goat

Cheers to giving the Falcons their props. They have some of the best speed the NFL has seen in years, but ultimately it didn't experience and heart.

All that being said, the Falcons need to move past finger-pointing and focus on the upcoming season. They've got the team to claw their way back to the Super Bowl. The usual suspects will probably be in the hunt: Dallas, Green Bay, Seattle. Yet none of those teams has the killer combo of Ryan and Jones. For Atlanta's sake, I hope the leaders consider having a team meeting asap to get everyone to focus on off-season training. Otherwise, their epic Super Bowl collapse will likely dog them for a season or two as they remember letting the ultimate prize slip through their fingers rather than focus on getting better.

This is spot on - It will be very hard for Atlanta to put the collapse behind them. Most teams in a similar situation do not. One team who did however was the 2004 Red Sox. Off the heels of a brutal collapse in 2003, and a ton of finger-pointing (at least among the fans and media), they overcome the disaster. But the baseball season has so many games and multigame playoff series, so I think is easier in that sport.

Just gonna add on to my previous post that from personal experience I can relate to what he's talking about. I've played in double headers and the shorter the break the better. The longer the break between games I always thought was a downer if you played very well the first game. (Baseball)

It's coming up on a month and they're still at the excuse making stage. Yup, the 2017 Atlanta falcons will be added to the long list of teams that suffer from a super bowl hangover
denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance

He's still in denial

I just read the quote, you guys continue.

Top 5 reasons Atlanta lost.

Number 5 - Head coach leaves BB hanging when BB offers a mid week bro-hug
Number 4 - Spotlight too bright, Falcons too emotional and don't pace themselves early.
Number 3 - Lady Gaga performed too many songs.
Number 2 - Idiotic owner decides to take the field in the third quarter.
And the number 1 reason Atlanta lost.......
Number 1 - The goat

The Curse of the Goat Lives!!!!

A lot of people in here are saying Sanu is stupid for what he said. I don't think it is that stupid. It simply shows how one coach prepared his team for a departure from what they are used to and the other coach did not.

I also think the Falcon defense wore down due to the time of possession difference. Even when Atlanta was dominating the scoreboard, the defense still spent a heckuva lotta time on the field.

Last edited:
Damn that belichick! He warped space and time so halftime was only 15 minutes for the patriots!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back