PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave you a list of all 32 coaches, their ages, current and career records. You dismissed it. There's a lot of good young coaches out there. Better than Bill doesn't matter. Are they good, competent, and can they win? Plenty.
I didn't dismiss it - I obviously missed it...?

I gave you a list of all 32 coaches, their ages, current and career records. You dismissed it. There's a lot of good young coaches out there. Better than Bill doesn't matter. Are they good, competent, and can they win? Plenty.
Ah, saw you re-post it, I did see it and I remember looking that over. Also, keep in mind that during the day, I'm working and trying to keep up with what I can in here in-between what I'm supposed to be doing. I obviously got distracted by notifications each time I jumped back on, so I'm assuming that's why I forgot to respond.

That being said - we just won a championship three years ago, so I was speaking in hypotheticals and I thought we had a decent discussion on young up-and-coming coaches. Your chart highlights a bunch of them, and when Bill does walk away in another 3-4 years, it will be interesting to see who emerges as the one people believe is "the best in the league". But right now, I feel like he hasn't given us enough reasons to go down that road quite yet ;)

Mac10 is formally tommybrady12 as the poster states on the profile.

Neweramac was another. The trend I see from from these posters that joined long ago but barely post is the timing and attacking of other posters.
Now that I think about it, yes, there were a lot of name change requests post Brady and after Mac was drafted. So that's obviously the explanation.

Also, I literally had 32 notifications from the time I had to get some things done at the end of the day at work until I jumped back on a few minutes ago after working on the snap counts (which I'm still reconciling...very frustrating). So I'm fairly good at multitasking...but don't kill me if I miss a post. I can promise you, I'm not ignoring anyone. Just tag me again with a ??? if anyone ever thinks I'm blowing them off. ;)

Last edited:
You could pair Belichick with four or five other contemporary QBs, and the results would've been similar (maybe six, maybe less, maybe more).

You couldn't name a single other contemporary coach to pair with Brady that would've produced six championships.

Add to that: Belichick isn't just the coach, he runs the whole show.

The truth of this debate? Football is a sport for blue collar people, and blue collar people will always favor the guys actually playing, the guys doing something on the field, versus the coaches and executives who are all just BS artists by comparison.

Nobody on this thread would pretend to be a better QB than Brady, but apparently a whole slew of you know how to build and coach a team better than Belichick. Just laughable.

Lol…

1634882924395.png
1634883169185.png
1634883094623.png1634882861193.png

Another thing that stands out on this WS is that all the teams w/ winning records (with a few exceptions) have top 10 QBs. It's very hard in today's league to make it w/o a very good or elite QB unless you have a Derrick Henry or top notch D.

Sorry for all those that think Bill can win with a standard QB. It isn't happening.

hello-i-would-like-to-report-a-murder-barbara-hill.gif

Smells like someone killed a troll in here....

Last edited:
Except those two literally post completely opposite things that I do. Just do your usual all things McDaniels sucks posts and stop trying to be a detective
Dont forget his racist posts.

For 20 years....the team won...last two years they didnt. What player was there for 20 years of winning and is not there anymore? I mean this is not even hard math. So you are saying for 20 years, all player decisions, all drafts, were perfect and just by coincidence as soon as Brady left, all that went bad?
The future is now old man, stop whining

What's interesting reading this is that it exemplifies the thinking back then that Stidham was going to be the guy. After all why would Bill just let Brady walk if he was not supremely confident that Stidham could just step right in and the gravy train continues to roll.

And then of course you look at the moves as you have pointed out franchising Thuney, extending McCourty, Slater and it was obvious Bill was assembling a team to compete until 2-5 and Weiss' radio interview where we learned we were punting on the season because of the cap and all those expensive SBs.

My thing is that BB was a large part of a historic twenty year run and people want to bash him for his drafting history or put him on a short leash or whatever. It's freaking ridiculous.

"He should be fired". **** off. You should be grateful.

BB has made some bad decisions in his career. But show me which coach or Coach/GM combo that has made less bad decisions. You can't. No combo has more than four rings. Andy Reid has one.

Brady is special and I wish that he was still playing here and do agree that if BB had played his cards differently he would be but it didn't work out that way. Was that a bad decision? Yes or at least in hindsight it was but that's still six years longer than any other HC/QB combo has lasted.

This fan base is so spoiled. Mancaves full of shyt and acting like kids with a sugar high born in 1971.

Go lick some yellow snow.
I don't think he should be fired as I would say he deserves next year as well to see if he can get us back in playoff contention but he shouldn't get a lifetime pass based on past accomplishments. A lot of the people on here who have been criticizing him feel that his mismanagement of the roster the last few years prematurely ended the historic run. I also keep seeing a lot of people calling the posters criticizing Bill "spoiled" while also acting like we will be right back in championship contention in another year or two. To me that is a very spoiled point of view. Other teams fanbases wait decades for their team to have a realistic shot at a championship and around here people act like we are just gearing up for another 20 years of double digit wins and another handful of rings. The "you should be grateful" thing has also irked me as well. It is the organization that should be grateful it has fans that are willing to pay good money to go to games, watch games on TV, and buy a bunch of merchandise to hang in their man caves. I don't see anyone telling me I should be grateful to Jeff Bezos for creating something that can get me dishwasher detergent in two days at the click of a button. Don't get me wrong I have many great memories watching games with my dad, brother, and some of my best friends since I was a kid but in the end of the day the NFL is a business and without us no one would know who Bill Belichick or Tom Brady is.

Brady wouldn’t be winning here? So you think with Brady we lose the Miami game? The Bucs game? The Cowboys? We lost 3 very close games and you don’t think the GOAT would have made a difference?

If we had Brady with this offensive lineup (which is much better then it was in Brady’s last year here) we would be 5-1 or 4-2.
I think we still lose the Miami game because Harris would still fumble the ball at the end of the game. That has nothing to do with Brady. The Bucs game they win because Brady wouldn't be on their team. The Cowboys game would be a close win because BB would have let TB try to score at the end of the half and wouldn't have gotten super conservative on play calls in the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Not sure why anyone is shocked about patsfans criticizing a Coach with a 2-4 start (before last yr hadn't happened since 2000), losing 4 straight home games (not since 1993), and questionable decisions.

Cowboys are 5-1 and their fans are skewering McCarthy over his decisions. Jones had to come out to defend him. That's what fans do.

"Players win games. Coaches lose them."

Bill Belichick

so their roster last year was the exact same roster as the year before, with only the addition of TB12?

Yea it was pretty much identical, with the exception of a few key free agents that Brady himself helped bring in (Gronk coming out of retirement, Antonio Brown and Leonard Fournette were all there because of Brady)

They were the Tampa Bay Succaneers that hadn't made the playoffs in 20 years. Then Brady shows up, get thru wildcard, then go on the road against Drew Brees and then Aaron Rodgers on their way to the Superbowl against the world beater Kansas City Chiefs and win.

Its crazy to suggest that Tampa was a powerhouse before Brady showed up. This wasn't a Manning to the Broncos situation, where they made the divisional round of the playoffs the year before with Tim Tebow. This was a doormat NFL team and Brady turned them into a Champion in his first year

People were slobbering all over Manning's **** when he eventually won in Denver.. "NO QB HAS EVER GONE ON TO A NEW TEAM AND WON A SUPERBOWL! WHAT A GOD DAMN LEGEND MANNING IS!"

Took Manning years, and a ton of talent to finally take that team further than Tim Tebow took it. Brady took the Succaneers to a SB victory in year 1

Its pretty remarkable

Mac10 is formally tommybrady12 as the poster states on the profile.

Neweramac was another. The trend I see from from these posters that joined long ago but barely post is the timing and attacking of other posters.
Neweramac was Chris Stevenson for sure. Identical posting style and loves to pick fights with posters in the same way

Brady wouldn’t be winning here? So you think with Brady we lose the Miami game? The Bucs game? The Cowboys? We lost 3 very close games and you don’t think the GOAT would have made a difference?

If we had Brady with this offensive lineup (which is much better then it was in Brady’s last year here) we would be 5-1 or 4-2.
Without a doubt. I think we'd be champs this year. Bucs certainly wouldn't be in the way. Chiefs seem to have taken a step back. Bills would still be tough but they can be had with a good offense.

It's also not just what Brady could do on field, it's his leadership. Doubtful we'd be so sloppy if he was here. That's a coaching failure.

Oh well what's done is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back