PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were still 7-9. Added Brady and they won the Super Bowl. Not hard to do the math there.

They also added Brady’s security blankets ie Gronk and AB. Good for Brady but he got to hand pick a loaded roster then added the GOAT TE and a HOF caliber WR in Brown .

The Bucs were a good team to join coming off some great drafts and solid free agent signings.

There are a bunch of teams that are “stacked” and an elite QB could go there and make them into real contenders. Brady almost went to SF, coming off a 13-3 Super Bowl appearance, or NO, coming off multiple late round playoff runs. There were rumors he was going to TN, LA, etc. With all of those teams, you could argue they had a lot of talent. The fact is, half the rosters in the league are talented enough to go deep into the playoffs with an elite QB.

But a Super Team? I don’t think that concept even exists in the NFL. The Bucs were 7-5 at one point last year and basically written off. The narrative really changed because of the Super Bowl mismatch, which was also about the Chiefs perception..

Conclusion: Bucs had a really good roster and added to it after getting Brady with Wirfs, Fournette, AB, and Gronk. That doesn’t mean at all that any decent, or even good QB, could have just gone in there and won a Super Bowl or even won 10+ games.

Also, I think Arians is a good coach despite having some negatives. He isn’t Belichick, but the players like him and play hard. He’s definitely not an idiot...even he looks like one.

One last thing to factor in with the Buc's last year, was that they had to play on the road in the playoffs but did not have to deal with crowds. That is a massive advantage, as it becomes essentially a neutral site game.

Not taking anything from Brady, but that is a major help, especially if he does not have to deal with crowd noise.

The Bucs were a good team to join coming off some great drafts and solid free agent signings.

There are a bunch of teams that are “stacked” and an elite QB could go there and make them into real contenders. Brady almost went to SF, coming off a 13-3 Super Bowl appearance, or NO, coming off multiple late round playoff runs. There were rumors he was going to TN, LA, etc. With all of those teams, you could argue they had a lot of talent. The fact is, half the rosters in the league are talented enough to go deep into the playoffs with an elite QB.

But a Super Team? I don’t think that concept even exists in the NFL. The Bucs were 7-5 at one point last year and basically written off. The narrative really changed because of the Super Bowl mismatch, which was also about the Chiefs perception..

Conclusion: Bucs had a really good roster and added to it after getting Brady with Wirfs, Fournette, AB, and Gronk. That doesn’t mean at all that any decent, or even good QB, could have just gone in there and won a Super Bowl or even won 10+ games.

Also, I think Arians is a good coach despite having some negatives. He isn’t Belichick, but the players like him and play hard. He’s definitely not an idiot...even he looks like one.

Of course, but there are posters who are literally acting like Brady pulled a rabbit out of a hat last year in Tampa. There's a reason he was considering Tampa, NO, Tennessee, and SF in free agency. All those teams had a talent base where he could go and be successful. It's like Belichick going to KC and winning a super bowl there his first year - a great feat but not surprising at all.

Last edited:
I hear you. The Bucs did magically turn from a 7-9 team despite all those player names, by adding the GOAT QB and then winning a Superbowl the following year
And whaddaya know... there's a chance... a CHANCE... that ANOTHER team could make that same kind of jump from 7-9 THIS year. ;)

seinfeld-kramer.gif

One last thing to factor in with the Buc's last year, was that they had to play on the road in the playoffs but did not have to deal with crowds. That is a massive advantage, as it becomes essentially a neutral site game.

Not taking anything from Brady, but that is a major help, especially if he does not have to deal with crowd noise.
They also played the SB at home with only 20% fans so they didn't get any advantage there either in the biggest game.

Of course, but there are posters who are literally acting like Brady pulled a rabbit out of a hat last year in Tampa. There's a reason he was considering Tampa, NO, Tennessee, and SF. All those teams had a talent base where he could go and be successful. It's like Belichick going to KC and winning a super bowl there - not surprising at all.

You claim they’re exaggerating and then make a point that’s exaggerated. No, a player going to promising team with unrealized potential isn’t close to the same as a coach going to a team that’s already the best in the league by every measure and has made it two straight Super Bowls.

You claim they’re exaggerating and then make a point that’s exaggerated. No, a player going to promising team with unrealized potential isn’t close to the same as a coach going to a team that’s already the best in the league by every measure and has made it two straight Super Bowls.

I was using KC just as an example. Maybe not the best one, I admit. But let's say Belichick went to Dallas last year...a team that hasn't won a SB in a while but has a lot of talent. Again, BB winning in Dallas his first year would be impressive but not a miracle. Now that is different from Brady going to Chicago or BB going to the Giants and winning there.

Last edited:
I was using KC just as an example. Maybe not the best one, I admit. But let's say Belichick went to New Orleans last year...a team that hasn't won a SB in a while but has a lot of talent. Again, BB winning in NO his first year would be impressive but not a miracle.

It would be a great achievement to get the Saints over the top, yes.

Though I think what Bill has done with the Patriots this year is more impressive, and rounds out his legacy, in a better way than winning a championship with an already great team.

I don’t think Tom winning the championship was the biggest thing. It was going into an organization that was basically the opposite of the Patriots. Losing tradition, a coach known as a fool, a deep passing offense, warm weather. Those were all the question marks about Tom from the critics. And he showed that he was never the product of superior coaching. Maybe the coaching was superior, but he never depended on it.

For Bill, it’s whether he could build a team that’s his, independent of Tom. And mostly about the offense…I don’t think anyone has ever questioned his defense. And what Bill has done this year has been phenomenal. I think he‘s answered his critics/skeptics with the same force as Tom did. It’s been fun to watch.

It would be a great achievement to get the Saints over the top, yes.

Though I think what Bill has done with the Patriots this year is more impressive, and rounds out his legacy, in a better way than winning a championship with an already great team.

I don’t think Tom winning the championship was the biggest thing. It was going into an organization that was basically the opposite of the Patriots. Losing tradition, a coach known as a fool, a deep passing offense, warm weather. Those were all the question marks about Tom from the critics. And he showed that he was never the product of superior coaching. Maybe the coaching was superior, but he never depended on it.

For Bill, it’s whether he could build a team that’s his, independent of Tom. And mostly about the offense…I don’t think anyone has ever questioned his defense. And what Bill has done this year has been phenomenal. I think he‘s answered his critics/skeptics with the same force as Tom did. It’s been fun to watch.
Never imagined it would be this season for all of this to happen. Maybe 2022 but less than a year after the fiasco last year? no way.

I said all offseason Bill wouldn't get forever to rebuild this team and give them an identity of their own away from the GOAT - and he certainly showed he didn't need forever.

And whaddaya know... there's a chance... a CHANCE... that ANOTHER team could make that same kind of jump from 7-9 THIS year. ;)

seinfeld-kramer.gif

I hope it happens. Would be incredible.

Why don't you read what I was replying to. An organizational shill trying to downplay TB12 for absolutely zero reason acting as if Tampa was an inevitable team before Brady got there. You're a moron.

Hey numbnuts, that guy was right. Competent QB play was all that was needed.

Have somebody literate read my post for you.

Stuck on stupid is not a good look. It's like you're a Douche Awry wannabe licking his TB 12 blowup doll.

Ah I remember now, you're that troll living in one of the worst places in the country. Please keep venting. It'll make you feel better about denying that TB12 winning a 7th ring was undeniably a great accomplishment, and nobody in the league thinks Tampa was Superbowl-bound before TB12 showed up. This is a weird one to harp on but I'm happy to keep this one going. Tampa was not a good team, had not been to the playoffs in 18 years, so there's no crappy reasons you can give that will make it sound like they just needed a competent game manager to win it all.

Ah I remember now, you're that troll living in one of the worst places in the country. Please keep venting. It'll make you feel better about denying that TB12 winning a 7th ring was undeniably a great accomplishment, and nobody in the league thinks Tampa was Superbowl-bound before TB12 showed up. This is a weird one to harp on but I'm happy to keep this one going. Tampa was not a good team, had not been to the playoffs in 18 years, so there's no crappy reasons you can give that will make it sound like they just needed a competent game manager to win it all.

You respond to "patsfanincleveland" and it dawns on you?

Quite the intellect there.

Remember, people didn't think Tampa was Super Bowl caliber because they are as dumb as you.

Cleveland's greatest attribute is a lack of you here.

You respond to "patsfanincleveland"

Nah I usually forget about complete idiots but you reminded me about your past trolling.
Again, no matter how much you try to play up how amazing Tampa already was before TB12 got there, it was incredible that they won it all last year. Deal with it. No need to tarnish either QB or HC.

His legacy is ripped alright... look at that sexy beast!

1638988630141.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back