PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sad to see BB's legacy ripped apart like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Brady could have dragged this team into the playoffs last year and this year. I think the team will come together going into the the next season and the following one, and if Brady is still doing Brady things, it will be a roster that he would be able to take to deep into the playoffs. I'm taking the optimistic route and believing that Mac will be good enough to get us there too.

Reactions: Ian
Why have I seen a bunch of burner accounts show up on this board recently?

Why have I seen a bunch of burner accounts show up on this board recently?
I've only approved a miniscule amount of new registrations recently (maybe 4 or 5), and they didn't appear to be burner accounts.

I've only approved a miniscule amount of new registrations recently (maybe 4 or 5), and they didn't appear to be burner accounts.
What I mean is that I see these posters have joined years ago, but hardly post. Then they show up all of the sudden, only to disappear in a short time. My theory is that they could be other posters back up accounts.

We know about their issues drafting, although I do feel that did improve this year. On Brady, I honestly think he felt Brady wouldn't leave, otherwise, he probably would have been a little better prepared. On Stidham, I feel like something happened or was said that blew that opportunity for him. Otherwise, there was no reason not to play him down the stretch. Although, again, if they don't finish 7-9, we don't have Mac.

I think the Hightower situation was tough because he probably felt that with Hightower and Van Noy, they'd have two guys who were fairly athletic. Instead, that hasn't been the case and the drop off with Hightower has been a little surprising, so they'll definitely need to get younger. That's obviously an area of weakness that will need to improve, but even as bad as it's been, they've been in every game and we all know their record could be different save for a few plays.

On Belichick, I will also say this - we're only three seasons removed from a championship. If they address those issues and Mac takes a step forward, unlike most coaches who lose their starting QB, to have a season or two of misery and then end up right back contending, that's pretty unheard of. And he's earned enough clout that I still believe he deserves some benefit of the doubt before we really go there.

People can say what they want, but he knows how to both get back there and win, and that's an intangible that I think is going to be very, very hard to replace.
But a lot of people on the board argue his drafting hasn't been that bad. Sony was defended around here like he was related to some of the posters. I had one poster tell me Duke Dawson wasn't a bust because he was still floating around in the league a year or so ago. As for Brady, if Bill's approach was "he probably won't leave" and that's why he didn't prepare for it that is an egregious lack foresight. I agree somewhere along the way they soured on Stidham but it would have been nice to see him at some point in week 16 or so and see if there was anything there. Cam was toast and the season was a lost cause. At least that way you could close the book on Stidham having given him a legitimate opportunity to prepare and compete as a starter. Even if he lost the last couple games it would only have improved our draft position. I don't really care if we go 5-11 instead of 7-9 if we get a look at a young guy who seemingly was going to be the starter till Cam came in off the scrap heap.

I was worried about Hightower being out a year and coming back but figured at worst he would be here for veteran leadership. I assumed that leadership would come in the form of mentoring young guys with a more diminished role on the field. Instead him and Van Noy, and probably Collins very soon, are all going to be progress stoppers for the younger players. We have $17 million tied up in those three now and at this point in their careers they should be taking a backseat based on their play. I thought we were moving in a new direction with Uche and Winovich in the last couple years but Bill seems stuck on the big plodders instead of the young athletic guys. I don't understand why he drafted two guys who were thought to be athletic pass rushers to not let them on the field.

I know we're three seasons removed from a championship and we have a promising young QB but this roster is old and will still need a major overhaul in a lot of areas. I just don't see us getting back to the playoffs next year with all the holes we are going to have on defense unless Bill has a home run draft class. We need an injection of youth and speed on this roster and since the offseason spending spree there seems to be a mixed message on the direction this team is moving in. We paid all those guys like we wanted to win now but then we basically release our number one corner which sends a message we aren't really looking to compete this year. Then 10 seconds later we sign up Collins for a third tour. I just don't understand why we get rid of a high end veteran starter and then sign a middling veteran. Next season is still along way away but I think it will be an uphill battle to be in the postseason next year unless Mac takes a huge leap or Bill is able to retool the defense on the fly.

Winning a championship and winning are two different things. Winning a championship? I don't know...they were pretty hampered last year but I agree, Brady would have definitely probably gotten them at least 10 wins.
Just wanted to note, with regards to this: He got 12 wins out of 2019, even as that team collapsed around him in the second half.

Last years team sucked but I have no doubt Brady could've willed them to 10-11 wins.

Byrd 47 for 604 1 TD
Meyers 59 for 729
White 49 for 375 1 TD

Cam Newton looked like he was throwing a bowling ball last year and routinely missed open guys. Brady would have utilized white more and I would assume both Byrd and Meyers get at least a 10 bump in catches and yards. Anyone who doesn't think Brady is worth 3-4 wins if swapped with Cam last year is kidding themselves.

Last years team sucked but I have no doubt Brady could've willed them to 10-11 wins.

Byrd 47 for 604 1 TD
Meyers 59 for 729
White 49 for 375 1 TD

Cam Newton looked like he was throwing a bowling ball last year and routinely missed open guys. Brady would have utilized white more and I would assume both Byrd and Meyers get at least a 10 bump in catches and yards. Anyone who doesn't think Brady is worth 3-4 wins if swapped with Cam last year is kidding themselves.
Brady has shown that, when healthy, he's worth about 5 wins, and neither the HC nor his age has made any real difference in that, to date.

2000: 5-11
2001: 11-5 (Brady was 11-3)

2007: 16-0
2008 (lost season): 11-5

2019: 12-4
2020: 7-9

2019 Bucs: 7-9
2020 Bucs: 11-5

But the question for the Patriots, moving forward, is "WWBD, and WIW?".

I think Brady could have dragged this team into the playoffs last year and this year. I think the team will come together going into the the next season and the following one, and if Brady is still doing Brady things, it will be a roster that he would be able to take to deep into the playoffs. I'm taking the optimistic route and believing that Mac will be good enough to get us there too.

I agree the 2020 team would have had a lot of bumps in the road. The roster problems from 2019 would carry over into the season. But the idea some are portraying that Brady had NO CHANCE or that the team wouldn’t be much better than 7-9 is absurd. Look at the Super Bowl odds before free agency, with the assumption Brady would be re-signed.

Tied for second best in the league. Tampa, meanwhile, with their “super team” at 80:1.

No Way Reaction GIF

Bro.

I'm not yet on this train. BB is the greatest HC ever, 9 trips and 6 rings not counting his 2 DC rings too.

But BB is 70 and surrounded by subpar staff on offense and the front office. Fix those first, fix the staff, and if the team keeps losing then I may change my mind on Bill.

What I mean is that I see these posters have joined years ago, but hardly post. Then they show up all of the sudden, only to disappear in a short time. My theory is that they could be other posters back up accounts.

There are 2, LFGMac or Mac10 accounts which are highly suspicious. Also the 1971 person.

I'm not yet on this train. BB is the greatest HC ever, 9 trips and 6 rings not counting his 2 DC rings too.

But BB is 70 and surrounded by subpar staff on offense and the front office. Fix those first, fix the staff, and if the team keeps losing then I may change my mind on Bill.

We agree, and that doesn't happen much.
Charles Esten Cheers GIF by Nashville on CMT

He’s responsible for the front office and hiring coordinators. Who else is supposed to fix them? Remember, when those thngs are working out, all the credit goes to him.

He’s responsible for the front office and hiring coordinators. Who else is supposed to fix them? Remember, when those thngs are working out, all the credit goes to him.
It was the same argument Team Bill™ used when they claimed that we had to let Brady walk because we didn't have the cap space while conveniently neglecting the fact that is is Bill's job to manage the cap.

That's right the buck stops with him. He's generally been good at fixing or making changes. It took a decade drought to repair the crap from 2005-2008. As I said if this persists I can't defend him. If he can't see the staff is crappy then he's in Shula Marino-era hangout mode.

There are 2, LFGMac or Mac10 accounts which are highly suspicious. Also the 1971 person.

Mac10 is formally tommybrady12 as the poster states on the profile.

Neweramac was another. The trend I see from from these posters that joined long ago but barely post is the timing and attacking of other posters.

Last edited:
Nah, I won't pardon you. Go sell your tickets for an extraordinarily greedy price because you don't want to see Brady and the Bucs blow out the Pats. How'd that workout for you?

Our team went down the tubes? Last year maybe. But now the Pats are rebuilding and trending in the right direction. Will stack up some wins this year and next year MAC will be in his 2nd season, team will be better, and will be a playoff team. Brady will be done in a couple years while the pats are in the playoffs.
It worked out fine, thanks. I did not have to sit in the pouring rain and watch a bummer of a loss, and since you know nothing about me,
I'll let your immediate descent into personal insults slide. I hope you're right about Mac. My point is BB let Brady go too soon, for no good reason, and it is a blot on his legacy.

Except those two literally post completely opposite things that I do. Just do your usual all things McDaniels sucks posts and stop trying to be a detective

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back