PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Some Patriots Players Have Doubts About Cam Newton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is has the shoulder and arm gotten stronger.
Because if the answer is no he’s really just a utility guy without a true position.
Strength wasn't his issue. It was accuracy and his shoulders motion, he could still sing the ball down the field. We saw that on some monster throws last year. It's just does the ball go where he wants

Not sure how you miss them but 2021 additions 6'3" 311lb NT Davon Godchaux, 6'6" 300lb DT Henry Anderson, and 6'6" 310lb Rookie NT Christian Barmore seem to address your concerns about the front 3.

Not yet they do.

I think Bentley, MacMillan, Hall, and Langi are all kind of fighting for 2 reserve ILB spots behind Hightower. I think the rest of the linebackers are going to be edge/olb types that will occasionally roam about on 3rd and long, amoeba style.

I agree...3 spots max (Brandon King is likely also part of the McMillan/Hall/Langi/Bentley group) after the Umbrella locks/near-locks Hightower, KVN, Judon, Wise, Wino, Uche, Jennings & Perkins are accounted-for...

I agree...3 spots max (Brandon King is likely also part of the McMillan/Hall/Langi/Bentley group) after the Umbrella locks/near-locks Hightower, KVN, Judon, Wise, Wino, Uche, Jennings & Perkins are accounted-for...

Hightower, Judon, KVN will get most snaps. If McMillan/Hall/Langi/King pan out then I'd trade Bentley away, the guy wasn't very good last year in run-stopping and he's supposed to be a run-stopper. Also out of Wino, Uche, Wise, Jennings, Perkins 18 months from now we may only still have 2 of these guys. A logjam at LB / edge for sure.

He is still a former MVP and started 15 games last year...not even Stidham could break through for a start or two.
What he did in 2015 is irrelevant especially when he clearly is no longer that player.
Starting ahead of a guy who no one would trade a 7th round pick for if he was on the block isn’t a ringing endorsement.
The worst starter in the league starts ahead of his backup despite there likely being many backups who could beat him out.
The patriots didn’t spend a first round pick to say he isnt good enough to surpass Stidham quality.
Newton stinks. You know it, I know it, everyone who watched him play last year (and other years as well) knows it.

Hightower, Judon, KVN will get most snaps. If McMillan/Hall/Langi/King pan out then I'd trade Bentley away, the guy wasn't very good last year in run-stopping and he's supposed to be a run-stopper. Also out of Wino, Uche, Wise, Jennings, Perkins 18 months from now we may only still have 2 of these guys. A logjam at LB / edge for sure.

I wouldn't really call it a logjam; this is just how proper depth is supposed to look: experienced, productive vets starting and young, promising draft picks playing STs and learning their jobs behind them.

Last edited:
OP should just combine all his anti-Cam gossip into 1 crappy thread

What he did in 2015 is irrelevant especially when he clearly is no longer that player.
Starting ahead of a guy who no one would trade a 7th round pick for if he was on the block isn’t a ringing endorsement.
The worst starter in the league starts ahead of his backup despite there likely being many backups who could beat him out.
The patriots didn’t spend a first round pick to say he isnt good enough to surpass Stidham quality.
Newton stinks. You know it, I know it, everyone who watched him play last year (and other years as well) knows it.

Not arguing that Newton is MVP quality. I am arguing that we can win with Newton behind center given the talent level we now have on the team. And I am not sure many back ups (not counting rookies riding the bench) beat him out of a job...even if he's likely maybe the 27th-30th best starter in the league right now.

Not arguing that Newton is MVP quality. I am arguing that we can win with Newton behind center given the talent level we now have on the team. And I am not sure many back ups (not counting rookies riding the bench) beat him out of a job...even if he's likely maybe the 27th-30th best starter in the league right now.
We can’t. He will hold the team back, he is a huge liability. Passing offense has become the most critical part of the game and he simply cannot pass the ball effectively. 27th-30th is generous. Did you actually watch his play last year?

Shouldn't we see if Mac is any good before declaring we have no QB?
I'm going by what we've seen at QB, not by what we may have.

Only reason he had bledsoe starting over brady was that he just signed a huge contract
I don't recall Bill playing a player with less talent because of salary. It's one of the things I like most about him.

Patriots over/under is 9. I think 8 is a reasonable prediction.

Personally I think this will be a boom or bust year. Under 8 or over 11. All about Mac.
So the go 8-9? Nah.

10-7 even with Cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes