PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

rumor: Brady not expected to be a regular participant in offseason program

Status
Not open for further replies.
But you put all the pieces together, and suddenly how Gronk allegedly got singled out for using TB12 makes him even more pissed

Jesus. The age of fake news.

Gronk did not get singled out for being on TB12. He got chewed out during camp because he was PATHETIC during it. He was getting pancaked during run blocking drills and could not create any separation when out on routes. That is what he got called out about and in an interview with Curran in December even called himself out on it and said it was embarrassing.

The fact that this awful performance coincided with him changing his entire fitness approach to more bands and less weights/squats did of course not go unnoticed. But if he had looked early in camp the way he ended up looking in the last third of the season nobody would have had an issue.

Except that Bill cost them a ring ceremony this upcoming June and the players know it.

How tragic.. those poor individuals. If only any of those players could have done something about it on the field. Like tackle, stay on your ****ing player in coverage, not jump **** first into opponents helmets, **** up snaps during FG attempts, get strip sacked when your RB has been open for ages.. but yeah it is all because of BB.

There isn't, this is probably Bill's last year.

Get ready to be disappointed for another 5-7 years. Fortunately, BB is not even close to being done.

How tragic.. those poor individuals. If only any of those players could have done something about it on the field. Like tackle, stay on your ****ing player in coverage, not jump **** first into opponents helmets, **** up snaps during FG attempts, get strip sacked when your RB has been open for ages.. but yeah it is all because of BB.

Get ready to be disappointed for another 5-7 years. Fortunately, BB is not even close to being done.

Gronk did not get singled out for being on TB12. He got chewed out during camp because he was PATHETIC during it. He was getting pancaked during run blocking drills and could not create any separation when out on routes. That is what he got called out about and in an interview with Curran in December even called himself out on it and said it was embarrassing.

The fact that this awful performance coincided with him changing his entire fitness approach to more bands and less weights/squats did of course not go unnoticed. But if he had looked early in camp the way he ended up looking in the last third of the season nobody would have had an issue.
I tend to agree with both of these takes, and think you’re spot on, although you’re a bit more optimistic than I am regarding the amount of Belichick’s remaining years. I’m hoping to get a few more, myself. Anything more would be a major bonus.

Another very reliable source says there is a rumor going around that there'll be another rumor about Brady or Gronkowski in the next 3 to 4 days.
Seems unlikely to me but that's the rumor.

It's been reported by multiple sources, so it has to be a valid rumor report.

I’m trying not to read too much into anything right now. Everything will calm down soon. I am concerned because of previous things seen through this lense.

So what exactly is this rumor? Is it that Brady will miss some days of voluntary activities (not much news) or that he is going to skip all offseason voluntary activities (big news)?

One piece I read (no idea how true) says he has missed time in the past, but the last time he missed a bunch was 2010.

Last edited:
The fact is all 3 are leaving sooner rather than later and it is going to be rough for a while. We are not talented enough to compensate for those losses.

The team will not be the same, but I am confident in McDaniels

Ok, so I have been a "wait and see" kinda guy for a while. Reading the Mike Florio piece and the Tommy Curran piece, I think there's trouble in Camelot if Brady is indeed leading the charge. Normally, I would say he'll find himself on the Lawyer Milloy train out of town, but in this case, I am not so sure. How long does Bill hang around ? Who will give you top dollar for a 40 year old QB? Gronk, ok, sure, he's very trade-able, assuming he's planning on playing for a few more years. That's a big assumption. Does Bill really want to blow it up and roll with a rookie QB at 67 years old?

I look for a big Super Bowl hangover at this point. Can't possibly know what's going to happen, but as @Deus Irae says, the tea leaves are there to read.

That is flat out not true. Players are open to get additional coaching but are expected to follow the general conditioning program. None of this is optional.
There has been nothing of note outside of the usual anonymous sources saying that players didn’t take part in the general condition program. Especially not due to Guerrero. Furthermore, Edelman has just reported for it. He’s a Guerrero client. So the evidence against the “mutiny” that you suggested seems to hold water.

Where did I say that Dola turned into a diva ? He essentially said that BB runs a tight ship for the right reasons and he even took a paycut to be here knowingly.

If he wanted to get an explanation for why Butler was benched and wasn't getting it he should have talked to his other defensive backs who in interviews were also pissed but made clear that Butler was awful during the prep for the SB.

Those are two completely separate issues.

You mean the DB group that has given conflicting interviews in the wake of the game? Rowe saying, before the team went into damage control, that he didn’t know he was starting until right before kickoff. Then McCourty saying everyone knew? It’s hard to believe that Amendola hasn’t talked to any of those guys since then. His comments tell a story of offensive guys frustrated with their head coach after amassing 500 yards of total offense and 30+ points and still losing the game because he hasn’t given them an explanation for why HIS defense was handicapped based on HIS decision yet. Furthermore, given the way that you’re defining “diva” and applying it to Brady and Gronk, one can assume you’re also applying it to Amendola because, god forbid, he’s being critical of BB.

Gronk has always been a diva and Brady started to turn into one since last offseason. Giving weirdo interviews claiming that hydration keeps him from concussions and sunburns, selling questionable "recovery sleepwear" and suddenly needing affirmation like a Golden Retriever for doing his job from a coach he has known for his entire professional career.

Gronk has always been here when he’s healthy and doing what he needs to do without complaints. So to call him a diva is stretching. Saying that Brady only began giving “weirdo” interviews and hawking the TB12 product in the last year has also shown to be incorrect. It’s a product that he’s been hawking since at least 2013.

That you’re honestly saying that a guy that went through 18 years of hard coaching without a public complaint has suddenly turned into a diva looking for affirmation about how well he's playing should tell you that you're stance is the incorrect one. TB12 or no TB12, the guy has shown up daily, put in the work, the film study, and the attention to his health to go on a unprecedented injury-free run of GOAT-level play. What HAS changed, apparently, is the relationship between Bill and Guerrero. When you couple that with the fact that, given Amendola's comments, the reason for Butler's benching and the horrid play of the defense in the Super Bowl hasn't been touched on yet, you can see why Brady is upset.

In the end, I don't believe that you think that BB hasn't made a mistake. You just like the man and are compensating by doing a Stretch Armstrong routine to defend him. Don't believe me? Ask yourself this: what do you honestly believe is the case here? That BB made a mistake or that Tom Brady suddenly, overnight, morphed into being a diva that needs his ego stroked by his head coach after 18 years?

Maybe his mother going through that terrible ordeal gave him a fresh outlook on life beyond football. Maybe it really is just the entire Guerrero situation. Either way at some point early this year something changed in how he approaches his job after wanting to be coached hard for the last 15 years.

Except that this didn't happen early in the year. This happened late in the season and seems to have gotten worse after the Super Bowl.

Rowe saying, before the team went into damage control, that he didn’t know he was starting until right before kickoff. Then McCourty saying everyone knew? .

I don't believe it's an either/or. I recall quotes from players saying that they knew days before that Butler's role would be significantly reduced, but that they only found out just before kickoff he wasn't going to be playing at all.

I think the 'tea leaves' are about the only way you can actually get a story out of the Pats. How many years has there been nothing come from the organization, and now everyone is whispering? Come on, it all started with moving Guerrero to a different part of the facility because he was interfering with the weight staff. Then Wickedshame did his piece of fiction. And from then on the sky has been falling. I know, I know, smoke fire ect, ect, ect...

That BB made a mistake or that Tom Brady suddenly, overnight, morphed into being a diva that needs his ego stroked by his head coach after 18 years?

Since BB rightfully threw Guerreros ass out of the locker room once his interference with the strength and conditioning staff became an obvious issue it is pretty easy to say that it is on Brady. Again take BB's military background and just think of the situation as someone external putting stress on the chain of command during the season. It should be obvious to anyone that Guerrero had zero business telling players that they should not follow the program designed by BB and Moses Cabrera.

The reality is that the goals of individual players and their coaches often are not aligned when it comes to training. The biggest priority for coaches is to make sure that each of their players is available to play in the best possible shape for the job they have to do. For a player there is also the post-football side of things to consider (or what some people like to call "business decisions"). And changing up his routine was definitely a business decision by Gronk because he realized that his body needed that beyond football. At the same time this decision made him useless during camp which in turn went against what the coaches try to accomplish when they design the strength and conditioning plan with their staff. The funny thing about the situation is that I actually agree with both Gronk's decision to change up his routine but also with BBs reaction during camp to it. Both make sense for their respective goals.

Anyway to return to the Brady/BB discussion... Sure go on blaming the person who has stayed mostly the same for almost 20 years and defend the guy who just recently started pushing his brand at an unprecedented rate relative to what he was doing until around 2016. Just a year ago Brady reaffirmed Kraft before the owners meeting that his plan is to play another "6-7 years" (quote Brady) and this turned this season suddenly into a year-to-year arrangement to the point where Kraft couldn't even say with 100% that TB will play this year.

I don't see how anyone can look at where Brady was at the beginning of the 2016 season and where he is after the end of 2017 and can't see a pretty stark change in how he was promoting himself and talking about his future.

I honestly think that Brady's mother fight with cancer made him realize even more how fleeting many moments are and set him on a path to value football less and family more. And this is not a bad thing at all because who knows how many good days each of us has left.

Since BB rightfully threw Guerreros ass out of the locker room once his interference with the strength and conditioning staff became an obvious issue it is pretty easy to say that it is on Brady.

Please, do give us all the scoop on exactly what happened, and how you know it. That sort of information would certainly be of benefit to the discussion.

"THE AGE OF FAKE NEWS," he sneers, while clarifying exactly what the fake news said. Thanks captain exposition. We all know Gronk sucked in camp and that's why BB was mad. But this idea that the beef between the team and TB12 had nothing to do with it? When Alex was barred from treating anyone besides Brady inside the stadium? When the team was pissed that Gronk was refusing to do squats anymore, per Curran who you yourself cite (FAKEEEE NEWWWWWWS tho, you scream, spittle flying everywhere)? Or what about how the team tried to stop Gronk from talking to mark Daniels for a story about his work with TB12 later in the year? But sure, TB12 is totally not relaaated you guise, part of the anti-Pats conspiracciieeee!!!!

"THE AGE OF FAKE NEWS," he sneers, while clarifying exactly what the fake news said. Thanks captain exposition. We all know Gronk sucked in camp and that's why BB was mad. But this idea that the beef between the team and TB12 had nothing to do with it? When Alex was barred from treating anyone besides Brady inside the stadium? When the team was pissed that Gronk was refusing to do squats anymore, per Curran who you yourself cite (FAKEEEE NEWWWWWWS tho, you scream, spittle flying everywhere)? Or what about how the team tried to stop Gronk from talking to mark Daniels for a story about his work with TB12 later in the year? But sure, TB12 is totally not relaaated you guise, part of the anti-Pats conspiracciieeee!!!!

I have no clue what drugs you are on but you lost me when you implied that Curran was propagating made up things. Next to Reiss there is nobody more plugged in, trustworthy and capable to read the situation than Curran when it comes to the Pats.

Since BB rightfully threw Guerreros ass out of the locker room once his interference with the strength and conditioning staff became an obvious issue it is pretty easy to say that it is on Brady. Again take BB's military background and just think of the situation as someone external putting stress on the chain of command during the season. It should be obvious to anyone that Guerrero had zero business telling players that they should not follow the program designed by BB and Moses Cabrera.

The reality is that the goals of individual players and their coaches often are not aligned when it comes to training. The biggest priority for coaches is to make sure that each of their players is available to play in the best possible shape for the job they have to do. For a player there is also the post-football side of things to consider (or what some people like to call "business decisions"). And changing up his routine was definitely a business decision by Gronk because he realized that his body needed that beyond football. At the same time this decision made him useless during camp which in turn went against what the coaches try to accomplish when they design the strength and conditioning plan with their staff. The funny thing about the situation is that I actually agree with both Gronk's decision to change up his routine but also with BBs reaction during camp to it. Both make sense for their respective goals.

Anyway to return to the Brady/BB discussion... Sure go on blaming the person who has stayed mostly the same for almost 20 years and defend the guy who just recently started pushing his brand at an unprecedented rate relative to what he was doing until around 2016. Just a year ago Brady reaffirmed Kraft before the owners meeting that his plan is to play another "6-7 years" (quote Brady) and this turned this season suddenly into a year-to-year arrangement to the point where Kraft couldn't even say with 100% that TB will play this year.

I don't see how anyone can look at where Brady was at the beginning of the 2016 season and where he is after the end of 2017 and can't see a pretty stark change in how he was promoting himself and talking about his future.

I honestly think that Brady's mother fight with cancer made him realize even more how fleeting many moments are and set him on a path to value football less and family more. And this is not a bad thing at all because who knows how many good days each of us has left.
You didn’t answer my question. Let’s get you on record with a simple answer before we move the conversation forward. Which do you believe is more likely to be the case? That BB made a mistake with how he handled the respect situations? Or that Tom Brady suddenly became a diva this year?

I hope Krafty Bob is enjoying the bed he made that is and will be the 2018 Patriots. Kraft f#cked everything up when he overrode his coach and general manager and in relation to the quarterback situation. Krafty Bob gave into his new age quarterback's whims and forced the coach and general managers hand.
The coach then gets half of what could have gotten for the traded qb. Pretty sure after this season we'll have no Belichick, then we'll get one season of skippy the coordinator, gronkowski, and brady enjoying their "fun and appreciative" environment as they claw their way into the #5 or #6 seed and get smoked in the playoffs.
The media smells blood in the water. They will take sides - some with Brady/Kraft and some with Belichick. It'll be Kraft v Parcells all over again....

It's unbelievable how badly they botched this. Brady should have been gone after this past season. Now they've got to hope they draft ANOTHER heir, all while dealing with asshat Brady and his piece of **** trainer.

You didn’t answer my question. Let’s get you on record with a simple answer before we move the conversation forward. Which do you believe is more likely to be the case? That BB made a mistake with how he handled the respect situations? Or that Tom Brady suddenly became a diva this year?

It is clear that Brady changed from a person who took criticism with stride and didn't have an issue that he was just another player for BB to someone who apparently now needs to be shown he is appreciated and wants "fun".

At the same time BB stayed mostly the same dishing out at everyone the same. Even coaches are not safe from getting chewed out during one of the low lights sessions.

Do the math.

I have no clue what drugs you are on but you lost me when you implied that Curran was propagating made up things. Next to Reiss there is nobody more plugged in, trustworthy and capable to read the situation than Curran when it comes to the Pats.
I agree with you about Tom Curran in most cases. But, as I've written here before, Tom is covering this matter from a perspective which isn't entirely neutral. Curran and both of his teenage athlete sons have all been clients of and been treated by Alex Guerrero for sometime now. Curran fully acknowledges that he has both a personal and professional relationship with Guerrero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes