PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

rumor: Brady not expected to be a regular participant in offseason program

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some media people, and fans, love to lump every player's individual motives together into some cohesive rebellion, when there isn't any need to.

Amendola isn't a Patriot any more because he got a huge payday, a contract that there's no way in hell the Patriots would match. His new club has no problem with open media access to players, so he opened up about the ups and downs of NFL life.

Gronk cannot get over being paid less than tons of lesser players and wants a new deal. It bothers
him enough that he wonders if he wants to keep at it.

Brady has gotten to a place in life where he doesn't need football to make him happy, so he's wondering what that change in attitude means for him.

90 guys, 90 different perspectives, no rebellion.

Maybe I'm whistling in the graveyard, who knows, but I don't see reason to panic.

Some media people, and fans, love to lump every player's individual motives together into some cohesive rebellion, when there isn't any need to.

Amendola isn't a Patriot any more because he got a huge payday, a contract that there's no way in hell the Patriots would match. His new club has no problem with open media access to players, so he opened up about the ups and downs of NFL life.

Gronk cannot get over being paid less than tons of lesser players and wants a new deal. It bothers

Brady has gotten to a place in life where he doesn't need football to make him happy, so he's wondering what that change in attitude means for him.

Maybe I'm whistling in the graveyard, who knows, but I don't see reason to panic.

Panic? No. Concern? Yes.

Some here have been talking for almost 3 months about how it’s all made up nonsense etc, despite overwhelming evidence that both players are unhappy about their situations.

rofl.gif

Really?

Because part of that recent documentary was about BB and hurt feelings, and how BB and Parcells were estranged for years.

Boohoo, nobody wants me.

Parcells was never happy even when winning and rode everyone including Belichick. Look up how NY Giants Phil Simms was treated. Cowboy players said that they felt like they had one foot on a banana peel with Landry. Thats an exact quote.

Belichick was pissed at Parcells because he claimed that BB Would not be a good HC.

Bunch of nonsense when grown men like Gronk, Lewis and Solder are crying about feeling oppressed by mean old Belichick.

Panic? No. Concern? Yes.

Some here have been talking for almost 3 months about how it’s all made up nonsense etc, despite overwhelming evidence that both players are unhappy about their situations.
A certain number of players have been unhappy about their own situations since Knute Rockne, though. The sky is still blue.

When you have so many hailstones falling all at once, it seems ridiculous to pretend there isn't a storm over your head.

Remember at the end of the Harbaugh era in SF when a bunch of players retired all around the same time? Was that all just isolated concerns over concussions, or was it players bouncing because the situation there was miserable?

Maybe each players' situation is, in a sense, separate at first. Brady's struggle with BB over TB12 and his future with the franchise is separate from the messy way things ended with Butler, or with Gronk wanting more money, or with Amendola feeling slighted. But you put all the pieces together, and suddenly how Gronk allegedly got singled out for using TB12 makes him even more pissed, and then we have Amendola's comments that a lot of players were mad over the Butler situation, and now Brady's commitment to the team seems to be year-to-year. It would be lunacy to pretend this whole mess isn't interlinked, and certain events--Alex G getting banned from the premises; the SB loss and the Butler fiasco--were thresholds that set everything into overdrive. Obviously if Brady or Gronk blow off minicamp, that would be an even bigger threshold...

Boohoo, nobody wants me.

Parcells was never happy even when winning and rode everyone including Belichick. Look up how NY Giants Phil Simms was treated. Cowboy players said that they felt like they had one foot on a banana peel with Landry. Thats an exact quote.

Belichick was pissed at Parcells because he claimed that BB Would not be a good HC.

Bunch of nonsense when grown men like Gronk, Lewis and Solder are crying about feeling oppressed by mean old Belichick.

You made a comment. I showed why it was a poor comment. Don't double down. Just let it go.

Brady had earned the right to miss out on voluntary workouts. If it’s truly to spend more time with his family, and not to send a message, I’ve got no problem with it. But, Tom better be careful. It’s a slippery slope to walk casually around the office when the team is on the lookout for your replacement. If they bring in a guy with that same alpha male, hyper competitive personality, Tom might be out sooner than he thinks.

Lol the desperate delusion on display here.

Yep. For once, I agree with you:
You are desperately delusional.
You've taken the first step toward reality by admitting your disease. Keep up the good work- we're all pulling for you.

Threads like this one are becoming more and more prevalent with each passing day. They remind me of this...

...only without the food.

I guess Tom Brady Sr, when he said it all would end badly, was not lying.

BTW, where does Edelman come down in all of this? Brady vs Belichick - he must be tortured.

The Peyton Place that is the Patriots has really gone over the edge.

If some of the guys here could run with a football the way they run with rumors, the Pats would never need to draft a RB.

If the players were unhappy the last two years with BB, then I hope for another unhappy team that BB again brings to the SB. They can whine about it at the ring ceremony or on ESPN when they show off the rings.

If the players were unhappy the last two years with BB, then I hope for another unhappy team that BB again brings to the SB. They can whine about it at the ring ceremony or on ESPN when they show off the rings.

Except that Bill cost them a ring ceremony this upcoming June and the players know it.

Except that Bill cost them a ring ceremony this upcoming June and the players know it.
This - and not Guerrero - is the driver behind the failure to resolve the angst.

Another very reliable source says there is a rumor going around that there'll be another rumor about Brady or Gronkowski in the next 3 to 4 days.
Seems unlikely to me but that's the rumor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back