PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rowe back, Hoyer #2, coaches speak @bye-practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
His team’s roster was arguably the worst in football. He did well considering.
No, he didn't. Sucking on a team that sucks doesn't make you better. He was 1-11. He beat the Rams. So did Blaine Gabbert.

When he beat the Rams, it was the 6th of a 7 game losing streak (and 11 out of 12) and he beat them by 1 point when their average loss in the other 6 was 20.8 points.

He sucks

Buffalo is living off of turnovers.
In their last 5 games they have 15 takeaways and are +13 and 4-1 (actually losing a ganevthey were +2 to the bungles)
3 were at home. Only one of the 5 has a winning record and their combined records are 15-21.

If they keep up the historic turnover performance they will be a contender. If they do not, their lack of talent will show up.
Yep. They’re a carbon copy of the 2010 Pats so far. Just without Tom Brady.

2010 Patriots were 14-2, scored 518 points (still top 10 ever???) and were #8 in points allowed, IN ADDITION to getting a bunch of takeaways.

I get your point, but despite the similarity in takeaways, the 2010 Patriots were a much better team without the takeaways than the Bills.

Buffalo is living off of turnovers.
In their last 5 games they have 15 takeaways and are +13 and 4-1 (actually losing a ganevthey were +2 to the bungles)
3 were at home. Only one of the 5 has a winning record and their combined records are 15-21.

If they keep up the historic turnover performance they will be a contender. If they do not, their lack of talent will show up.

I saw a blurb about the Bills passing game where the RBs have more catches than the WR group (with the WRs having the lowest total for the entire NFL). So I did some checking and the Bills' offense is low in just about every category with the exception of McCoy's numbers (a modest YPA though).
The Bills appear to be playing solid 'close to the vest' football. Don't turn it over, don't hurt yourself overall, grind out scores (against the Raiders they had 15 3rd down attempts), run even when it isn't very productive (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't), while the D gets turnovers, playing solid rush D and decently overall.

With Taylor playing tightly within his abilities and the D playing well, Buffalo can keep winning especially with the downhill track(turnovers) they've had the last 2 games. But it appears they have a classic 2014-2015 KC type winning MO -- where if a team blows up their 'close to the vest' MO they'll end up looking baffled on how to win. IMHO :)

I saw a blurb about the Bills passing game where the RBs have more catches than the WR group (with the WRs having the lowest total for the entire NFL). So I did some checking and the Bills' offense is low in just about every category with the exception of McCoy's numbers (a modest YPA though).
The Bills appear to be playing solid 'close to the vest' football. Don't turn it over, don't hurt yourself overall, grind out scores (against the Raiders they had 15 3rd down attempts), run even when it isn't very productive (sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't), while the D gets turnovers, playing solid rush D and decently overall.

With Taylor playing tightly within his abilities and the D playing well, Buffalo can keep winning especially with the downhill track(turnovers) they've had the last 2 games. But it appears they have a classic 2014-2015 KC type winning MO -- where if a team blows up their 'close to the vest' MO they'll end up looking baffled on how to win. IMHO :)
Its simple, they do not have enough talent to win unless they are getting takeaways. I mean every team can win a game here or there that doesnt go their way, but this is a below average team unless it is and continues to, create all of these turnovers.

But it appears they have a classic 2014-2015 KC type winning MO -- where if a team blows up their 'close to the vest' MO they'll end up looking baffled on how to win. IMHO :)

Well, hopefully when they play the Pats, our O will come out and get a lead going forcing Buffalo to start playing "catch up." Buffalo will get out of their comfort zone and we all know how that movie ends.

2010 Patriots were 14-2, scored 518 points (still top 10 ever???) and were #8 in points allowed, IN ADDITION to getting a bunch of takeaways.

I get your point, but despite the similarity in takeaways, the 2010 Patriots were a much better team without the takeaways than the Bills.
Not on defense. They lived and died on the turnover much like the Bills are doing. That’s the only reason why they were where they were with regard to their points allowed ranking. They allowed 28 points and were down two scores until late in the game to Mark Sanchez. When that defense couldn’t generate turnovers, they were DOA.

Not on defense. They lived and died on the turnover much like the Bills are doing. That’s the only reason why they were where they were with regard to their points allowed ranking. They allowed 28 points and were down two scores until late in the game to Mark Sanchez. When that defense couldn’t generate turnovers, they were DOA.
You put way more stock on 1 game that i do. (But i agree that what you become is what matters)
Many of the takeaways that defense had were overkill, in games they won by a large margin, and many of the yards were garbage time. 8th in points is 8th in points.
Bradys pick nad 5 sacks and Chungs brain fart didn't do the defense any favors either.

Its simple, they do not have enough talent to win unless they are getting takeaways. I mean every team can win a game here or there that doesnt go their way, but this is a below average team unless it is and continues to, create all of these turnovers.

No doubt the big + TO numbers are making some games very downhill for them. But given their overall stats I'd expect the Bills to hang around in most games, TOs or no TOs, because of their current overall scheme. But put a couple of quick scores on them, get them out of their MO comfort zone, and I think we may or will see your "not enough talent to win" come through.

No doubt the big + TO numbers are making some games very downhill for them. But given their overall stats I'd expect the Bills to hang around in most games, TOs or no TOs, because of their current overall scheme. But put a couple of quick scores on them, get them out of their MO comfort zone, and I think we may or will see your "not enough talent to win" come through.
What stats? Their offense sucks and they are 29th vs the pass. That is not a formula for any success at all, unless you are winning the turnover battle by 2-3 per game.

Nope. The Bills 2017 offense couldn't carry the water can for the Patriots 2010 offense.
But I get your TO comparison...

What stats? Their offense sucks and they are 29th vs the pass. That is not a formula for any success at all, unless you are winning the turnover battle by 2-3 per game.

The passing D numbers are skewed a bit due to their rush D being stout. The Bills' rush d is making opposing offenses 1 dimensional (look at the stats yourself) as well as it's helping the TO battle.
Couple that with a QB throwing to his RBs (safe) and not turning it over (2 INTs) as well as rushing the ball even when it isn't producing overly well -- this equals a team playing close to the vest, win the 60 minute grind.
If they don't have the TOs maybe they don't win (likely lose the Tampa game) but it seems clear their MO is get to the end with it close enough to win by 2 or 3 points. Maybe, and only maybe, they can over produce wins based on this MO. It's worked for others (like KC) but it also can be a house of cards waiting to be exposed.

He was terrible last year. Terrible.

He had a QB rating of 90.7, threw for 16 TDS and had 4 Ints. Nobody is saying he was Tom Brady but he was a similar player to a lot of other players and better than most playing now.

He was terrible in 2015 but much better in 2016. Again, not Tom Brady but not Borat Osshitler. In a league with terrible stiffs starting, let alone being the 2nd or 3rd stinger, his not being on a team has nothing to do with his play but something else. He could be a terrible teammate, I have no clue but I would put my money on something else. I am always for calling a spade a spade and boy they are a lot of spades. Dance monkey dance.

2016 NFL Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

In a league with terrible stiffs starting, let alone being the 2nd or 3rd stinger, his not being on a team has nothing to do with his play but something else.

You've said this more than once. Again, list the teams where it would make even a little bit of sense for a Kaepernick signing. I gave the basic criteria. If you need help, let me know. I'll get you started:

AFCE

N.E. - No
Mia - No
NYJ - No
Buf - Yes

AFCN

Pit - No
Bal - No
Cin - No
Cle - No

You take it from there.

He had a QB rating of 90.7, threw for 16 TDS and had 4 Ints. Nobody is saying he was Tom Brady but he was a similar player to a lot of other players and better than most playing now.
What does qb rating have to do with anything? It’s a horribly flawed measure and he was 1-11.

[quite]He was terrible in 2015 but much better in 2016.[/quote]
No he was terrible both years.

Again, not Tom Brady but not Borat Osshitler. In a league with terrible stiffs starting, let alone being the 2nd or 3rd stinger, his not being on a team has nothing to do with his play but something else.
Oswriler has far greater pocket skills but neither has a clue what they are seeing from a defense.

He could be a terrible teammate, I have no clue but I would put my money on something else. I am always for calling a spade a spade and boy they are a lot of spades. Dance monkey dance.
Wtf are you talking about?
The fact is he sucks.

1-11

People are going over board with him, but I think he could be useful somewhere. People do need to stop bringing up he went to a Super Bowl (5 years ago) as proof he’s great. Wilson or Newton would still be in the NFL if they did what he did, Kaep couldn’t afford to because he’s not that great, but in fairness he was pretty good on a horrific roster last year. He’s prob better than Bortles.

He was benched for Blaine Gabbert...the guy who Bortles replaced in Jacksonville.

The evolution of Kaepernick’s talent has been fun to watch as he’s grown from meh to somehow a top tier QB without playing any games during that period.
I more like the elevation of the terrible backup Qb's around the league. Nobody has said that he is Brady but he is better than Scott Tolzein

How is this applicable to krapernick
Are you seriously denying that Kapernick is a former star player in the NFL who has a lot of talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back