PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rowe back, Hoyer #2, coaches speak @bye-practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I more like the elevation of the terrible backup Qb's around the league. Nobody has said that he is Brady but he is better than Scott Tolzein

Kaepernick opted on on 3/1/17
Tolzien was signed on 3/11/16 (2 year deal)

Why would the Colts/Kaepernick be expected to agree on a backup deal for Kaepernick, when the Colts already had a guy who'd been in the system for a year?

I think he’ll be tossed into the competition there when Rowe and Gilmore return. He certainly seems to have the short area quickness needed for the position and we all know he’s a very solid tackler.

Thanks. That is what I thought too.

He does not have a lot of talent.
I don’t know how you define “star”
I get that you do not like him but to say he is not talented and was not a star is just deliberately ignorant or stupid.

I could give what would likely be a 100% accurate answer, but that would get me banned. So, I'll just say that he sometimes doesn't think things through before he posts.

Hoyer knows the offense and understands the culture of the organization. It's a no brainier.

Kap is a QB that is innacurate and can't manipulate or read a defense.

As it pertains to the choice, his politics have nothing to do with it.

How did anyone disagree with this?

I get that you do not like him but to say he is not talented and was not a star is just deliberately ignorant or stupid.
I’m sure he has some athletic talents but I’m talking about QB talent, which he clearly lacks.
Again not sure what you mean by “star”. Popularity?

You've said this more than once. Again, list the teams where it would make even a little bit of sense for a Kaepernick signing. I gave the basic criteria. If you need help, let me know. I'll get you started:

AFCE

N.E. - No
Mia - No
NYJ - No
Buf - Yes

AFCN

Pit - No
Bal - No
Cin - No
Cle - No

You take it from there.

Cleveland. Houston. The Colts. Tampa Bay. Buffalo.

Cleveland. Houston. The Colts. Tampa Bay. Buffalo.

He makes no sense in Indianapolis. He makes no sense in Tampa. He makes no sense in Cleveland, unless Cleveland is going to sign him as their long-term starter. He makes sense in Buffalo. He may, or may not, make sense in Houston, depending upon how the Texans are looking at the rest of their season.

How did anyone disagree with this?
I even said that Hoyer made more sense, its just that our resident cry babies freaked out because I said that Kapernick was a project player and that the patriots have brought in project players before.

He can't accept that Kaep's skill set doesn't apply to the NFL anymore so he feels the need to politicize it and name call even though he hasn't the slightest clue of what we think.

Typical little whiner.
I would like restate for the trolls here that my original statement was this and was responding to someone who apparently thinks that Hoyer goin 7-6 three years ago in Cleveland makes him a quality qb despite 12-13 TD-Int ratio.
Obviously the team went with Hoyer but the idea that Hoyer is superior to Kap is pretty silly. Hoyer is a pretty good backup and a mediocre to poor starter, I know he got the hype in Cleveland but he wasn't even that good there. Kapernick is a pro bowl player, great athlete and younger than Hoyer. Hoyer clearly makes more sense in the short term though but your dislike of kapernick isnt because of his on the field ability
But dont let my reality get in the way of your ***********.

Kaepernick is not a Pro Bowl player.

Meatface just disagreed with this. Perhaps he'd be so kind as to show us all which seasons Kaepernick was voted to the Pro Bowl.

When he figures out that Kaepernick has never been to a Pro Bowl, I'm sure he'll remove the disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back