PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers is a BUM

I'm all for free speech and realize there's a thread ignore button, but I would recommend removing this thread (or at least changing the title.) It's embarrassing.
Agree...The OP is embarrassing

Aaron Rodgers is one of the most supremely talented quarterbacks this planet has ever seen.

On the face of it, he outshines Brady in this aspect.

Luckily football and quarterbacking in the NFL is about a hell of a lot more than talent, this is where Brady outshines Rodgers, and why he still a top QB at age 41.

Was Manning charged? Found guilty by a jury of his peers? Must have missed that one.

Oh - every pro athlete is a sore loser. Newsflash - they all hate to lose! Rogers showing it up front may have been a bad move - sure - but a reason to hate? No.

Perhaps you should read this article, an in depth investigation by Shaun King of the New York Daily News. Manning is a scumbag. Period.

Was Peyton Manning guilty of sexual assault? Columnist rips scab off decades-old allegations

Aaron Rodgers is one of the most supremely talented quarterbacks this planet has ever seen.

On the face of it, he outshines Brady in this aspect.

Luckily football and quarterbacking in the NFL is about a hell of a lot more than talent, this is where Brady outshines Rodgers, and why he still a top QB at age 41.
This "talent" talking point when people reference Rodgers is so tiresome. Are you exclusively referencing physical ability as "talent"? Because that's a severely warped definition and I'm pretty sure DeShaun Watson and Cam Newton are far more "talented" than Rodgers is in that regard. So are Andrew Luck, Carson Wentz, Russel Wilson and many more who came before him.

What the hell does Brady have then? Is it just luck? Clearly not.

This "talent" talking point when people reference Rodgers is so tiresome. Are you exclusively referencing physical ability as "talent"? Because that's a severely warped definition and I'm pretty sure DeShaun Watson and Cam Newton are far more "talented" than Rodgers is in that regard. So are Andrew Luck, Carson Wentz, Russel Wilson and many more who came before him.

What the hell does Brady have then? Is it just luck? Clearly not.
Did you just see the first part of my post and completely disregard the rest?

To answer your question, yes. I would say every QB you mentioned, from a physical "sandlot" point of view, are more "talented" than Brady.

Brady is more intelligent, motivated and dedicated to perfecting his craft than arguably any QB in history. He is also one of the most accurate, but I would argue that is a product of his hard work and attention to detail more than arm "talent".

Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity, so when you look at it that way, you can argue Brady is the most "lucky" QB ever, and that's a good thing.

By the way, I personally feel Brady's strength, toughness and even his pocket presence are all underrated aspects of Brady's "talent"; they just don't jump off the screen to a lot of people so they're rarely mentioned when talking about QB talent.

There are quite a few active QB's that I'd rather have than Rodgers. The reason I say this is based on discussions that I've seen that dissected his inability to recognize open receivers and his lack of many 4th quarter comebacks.

His best plays seem to be broken plays when he doesn't see what's happening in front of him and he has to scramble.

My Edited list:
Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Phillip Rivers
Russel Wilson
Andrew Luck

Last edited:
Wilson's responsible for tearing apart the Seahawks. Everyone in that locker room hates him. Rodgers may be a weird dude but he hasn't personally destroyed a winning team yet.

The Dynasty That Never Was: Inside the Unraveling of the Seattle Seahawks
i read up a little about this..i dont really know. could be true, could be a hit piece. we've seen hit pieces on teams with success and personalities before.

the Rodgers narrative about throwing others under the bus are well documented. he also supposedly wanted to have a rolling contract where his yearly contract would be adjusted to the top pay of any QB's...LOL

There are quite a few active QB's that I'd rather have than Rodgers. The reason I say this is based on discussions that I've seen that dissected his inability to recognize open receivers and his lack of many 4th quarter comebacks.

His best plays seem to be broken plays when he doesn't see what's happening in front of him and he has to scramble.

My list:
Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Eli Manning - On the bubble but his clutch play in the playoffs puts him here.
Matt Ryan
Phillip Rivers - He's as under rated as Rodgers is over rated.
Andy Dalton - I wouldn't mind seeing what he could do with a real HC.
Russel Wilson
Andrew Luck
all of that minus ELI

Rodgers is an elite QB and if he was on the Pats he would have won multiple Super Bowls. Not five of them in 8 trips. But a couple for sure.

Why is that so hard to admit? Brady is better but it’s not sacrilegious to recognize other greatness.
I’d say Rodgers is more accomplished, but Mahomes is more talented.

My list:
Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Russel Wilson
Andrew Luck

all of that minus ELI...
...and minus the Rapist...and Matt Ryan...and Dalton.

I’d say Rodgers is more accomplished, but Mahomes is more talented.
Physically?

QBing requires a different kind of talent than other running, jumping and throwing.

My list:
Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Russel Wilson
Andrew Luck

Can you clarify this post? Looks like you said you’d rather have Eli Manning as your quarterback than Rodgers. Must be a typo.

My list:
Brady
Brees
Big Ben
Matt Ryan
Russel Wilson
Andrew Luck

I'm blocking you not because I think you're bad but because your opinion is clearly worthless, ************

I am not a fan but:

1) He is a dangerous future opponent so it is not a good idea to spread bad ju-ju
2) I believe he has been respectful when asked to comment about Tom Brady

IIRC Rodgers said that Brady is the GOAT.

Two things can simultaneously be true.

1) Brady is the GOAT
2) Rodgers is an all-time great QB as well

The people claiming Rodgers is the best ever are wrong and probably have no real understanding of the basic fact that football existed before 2005, but nevertheless Rodgers deserves most of the praise he gets. He's a great QB that I feel lucky to have watched his career and I'm really interested to see how long he'll last and how his career will evolve as he ages and it becomes clearer that his body can't hold up under his preferred play style. He's so good at so many things that he could be exceptional playing a more conservative, Brady-esque style that protects him from injury, keeps him on the field, and extends his career. Mentally, I dunno if that switch will flip for him, but it'll be cool to see however it pans out.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back