PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers is a BUM

Decades of propaganda essentially led to two fake national scandals which resulted in the theft of two first round draft picks and denied recognition for the Patriots.

Of course I personally don't care about what they say, any more than politicians. But it leads to tangible human damage.
Talking heads didn’t cause the league to screw the patriots.

FYI, Skip is a huge backer of Brady. Repeatedly calls him the GOAT and says Rodgers is overrated.
Ok then fill in whoever we are whining about in this thread.

insecurity thread.

let's embrace other great QBs. Rodgers is great. i love watching him. but stop being so insecure. nobody is brady.

I'm not embracing a douchebag who refuses to admit the other team outplayed his team.

I rag on Aaron Rodgers, but his team’s underachievement had a lot to do with a lack of ownership and a terrible GM who was extremely overrated (Ted Thompson). He was going Bobby Grier on them. However, the 2014 NFCCG was all on Rodgers.

And because he signed that mega extension, he should not complain. He made the choice to stay, so he knew what he was in for.
It’s a very huge stretch to argue Rodgers hasn’t had good to excellent teams around him.

It’s a very huge stretch to argue Rodgers hasn’t had good to excellent teams around him.
I don’t think so. We argue how “bad” the Pats draft, but Thompson was drafting dud after dud. Their defense is routinely bad, they haven’t had a legit running back since Ahman Green and continued to ignore the TE position until this year. Their teams were always overrated.

Talking heads didn’t cause the league to screw the patriots.
New Commissioner Roger Goodell was under intense pressure from most of the league owners to stick it to the Patriots, after six-plus years of incessant, unrelenting complaints about supposed cheating by the Patriots which was nonexistent, preceded by thirty years of open public denigration of the franchise in the local and national media. Goodell did already display a Kenesaw Mountain Landis policy, but years of openly brazen anti-Patriots bias in the media fueled rival owners' anger and tantrums, and gave overwhelming public support for both of his crusades in '07 and '15.

Media blathering has undeniably supported or was in fact directly responsible for wrong, inexcusable decisions by corporate leaders, politicians and sports league owners and commissioners.

Rodgers never locked himself in a hotel room with a Simmons Beautyrest mattress and a jar of Dr. Guerrero's Balm & Palm cream
Just sayin

If you base your dislike of a player on the media's coverage of them then you're no better than any of the Brady haters out there.

Over the last 18 years we've seen four incredibly good QB's - Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers. Maybe five if you count Rivers (he's on the cusp IMHO). Each has his flaws - of course they do. Brady is at the top of the pile, no doubt. But, the others are / were pretty damn good.

Be a fan of the sport - enjoy the greatness we've been able to witness as it happens. Brady through his amazing career. Manning throwing for 55 td's - 55 freakin' TDs! Brees and the miracle Post-Katrina season. Aaron Rogers playing like Brett Favre with a bit more self control - fun to watch and dangerous.

All this salt is really bad for you.

We're witnessing something else truly amazing this season - the birth of a Browns team that has hope AND talent. It's awesome! A major organizational culture change in one off-season.

We are blessed as fans right now, but we're not that far removed from anticipating how well the Hugh Millen - Michael Timpson Express was going to perform on Sunday. None of our coaches have been electrocuted at the podium. A coach that had a chance to leave made the decision, at the 11th hour, to stay! The plumbing works!

Save the vitriol for those players that actually deserve it - the cheap-shot artists like Burfict. Guys with dead bodies in the basement / assault their spouses. Criminal types. We Patriots Fans - we should be above the B.S. salt-driven crap.

New Commissioner Roger Goodell was under intense pressure from most of the league owners to stick it to the Patriots, after six-plus years of incessant, unrelenting complaints about supposed cheating by the Patriots which was nonexistent, preceded by thirty years of open public denigration of the franchise in the local and national media. Goodell did already display a Kenesaw Mountain Landis policy, but years of openly brazen anti-Patriots bias in the media fueled rival owners' anger and tantrums, and gave overwhelming public support for both of his crusades in '07 and '15.

Media blathering has undeniably supported or was in fact directly responsible for wrong, inexcusable decisions by corporate leaders, politicians and sports league owners and commissioners.

Goodell has frequently punished and fined teams and players based on public and media reaction.

Why deus?

Peyton Manning came into the league in 1998. In the time since then, and understanding that it's theoretically possible for one of the current young QBs to move up on any "best" list, the 5 best NFL QBs have been, in no particular order:

Brady
P. Manning
Brees
Rodgers
Roethlisberger

and all 5 of them will end up in the Hall of Fame. "Top 5 QB over the last 20 years, and a sure fire HOF quarterback" is not bum level.

I don’t think so. We argue how “bad” the Pats draft, but Thompson was drafting dud after dud. Their defense is routinely bad, they haven’t had a legit running back since Ahman Green and continued to ignore the TE position until this year. Their teams were always overrated.

But Rodgers being the best qb ever kind of negates their drafting and rb problems.

On a side note, it’s not like our rb situation has always been great and drafting hasn’t been stellar either. It’s just that winning lessens the spotlight on our inadequacies.

No he’s not. If Brady retires tomorrow and we could get our pick of any QB to replace him, Rodgers would be a top 3 candidate.
ehh, you mean you wouldnt take Bortles, Tannehill, or Dalton?

my picks would be :
1. mahomes
2. wilson
3. JimmyG

ehh, you mean you wouldnt take Bortles, Tannehill, or Dalton?

my picks would be :
1. mahomes
2. wilson
3. JimmyG

1 and 3 have not proven anything yet. I’d take Rodgers over all 3. Mahomes and Jimmy need to complete a whole season first.

Rodgers never locked himself in a hotel room with a Simmons Beautyrest mattress and a jar of Dr. Guerrero's Balm & Palm cream
Just sayin
...but Goodell did. Does.

If you base your dislike of a player on the media's coverage of them then you're no better than any of the Brady haters out there.

Over the last 18 years we've seen four incredibly good QB's - Brady, Manning, Brees, Rogers. Maybe five if you count Rivers (he's on the cusp IMHO). Each has his flaws - of course they do. Brady is at the top of the pile, no doubt. But, the others are / were pretty damn good.

Be a fan of the sport - enjoy the greatness we've been able to witness as it happens. Brady through his amazing career. Manning throwing for 55 td's - 55 freakin' TDs! Brees and the miracle Post-Katrina season. Aaron Rogers playing like Brett Favre with a bit more self control - fun to watch and dangerous.

All this salt is really bad for you.

We're witnessing something else truly amazing this season - the birth of a Browns team that has hope AND talent. It's awesome! A major organizational culture change in one off-season.

We are blessed as fans right now, but we're not that far removed from anticipating how well the Hugh Millen - Michael Timpson Express was going to perform on Sunday. None of our coaches have been electrocuted at the podium. A coach that had a chance to leave made the decision, at the 11th hour, to stay! The plumbing works!

Save the vitriol for those players that actually deserve it - the cheap-shot artists like Burfict. Guys with dead bodies in the basement / assault their spouses. Criminal types. We Patriots Fans - we should be above the B.S. salt-driven crap.

How do you say what you wrote in the last paragraph after you mentioned the sexual predator Peyton Manning.

Your post loses credibility. And nobody should celebrate the success of a sore loser like Aaron Rodgers. Can't admit a team kicked his teams ass? Pathetic!

Rodgers is an incredible QB. Don’t know why people can’t respect him, just like we want people to look past their jealousy and respect TB12.

Goober was the biggest media darling I’ve ever seen. They acted during his career like the Colts teams were so absolutely putrid and then cite the tank season. In reality, those Colts teams of the 2000s had a great talent overall (especially in Manning’s stat passing areas). They’ll likely have Wayne and Freeney in the HOF to join Harrison, plus Vinatieri. Dungy and Polian are already there.

Take a look at this steaming pile of turd that Luck works with. Now that’s the team they they tried to make Manning’s out to be while making excuses for him. Luck would be winning 12+ a year with Manning’s supporting casts.

I’ve been saying it for years. This guy is a no good bum, a loser and an incredible jackass

He ought to go have a scotch and relax.

I hate sundays with no tommy brady. Stewie no likey

Buddy, I think you might need a scotch and relax. First, he is a very good QB. Heck, he is great QB.

Second, I assume your opinion of him is from your long friendship/association with him?

So many people want to put "well if so and so played on the Pats, blah blah blah" or or "if Brady played on some suck azz team, blah, blah, blah" in the GOAT formula. They can't. All that can be put into the GOAT formula is what actually is. That is unless we want to start dealing out "should have been MVPs" and other such accolades.

“We” dont understand the draft and think everyone drafts bad.
The packers have had good teams around Rodgers his entire career.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back