PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rodgers is a BUM

New Commissioner Roger Goodell was under intense pressure from most of the league owners to stick it to the Patriots, after six-plus years of incessant, unrelenting complaints about supposed cheating by the Patriots which was nonexistent, preceded by thirty years of open public denigration of the franchise in the local and national media. Goodell did already display a Kenesaw Mountain Landis policy, but years of openly brazen anti-Patriots bias in the media fueled rival owners' anger and tantrums, and gave overwhelming public support for both of his crusades in '07 and '15.

Media blathering has undeniably supported or was in fact directly responsible for wrong, inexcusable decisions by corporate leaders, politicians and sports league owners and commissioners.
The media had absolutely nothing to do with it.

1 and 3 have not proven anything yet. I’d take Rodgers over all 3. Mahomes and Jimmy need to complete a whole season first.

i can respect your position and see where it's coming from.

i think Rodgers is talented but he's not a very team first player and is always hurt and *****in....ex-teammates dont go to bat for him once they leave. strange, huh?

1. Mahomes - his NFL sample set is small but he's certainly shown he can ball and be coached. Physically more talented than Rodgers IMO
2. Wilson is a winner, has talent and does more with less. i think he could ball here and he's younger and shown to be more durable
3. JimmyG - im not a huge fan, but he's younger and has shown to fit in to our system

so yeah, ill take the younger guys that can be coached and fit into our system for the long run.

I hate Rodgers irrationally. By most accounts he's an extremely odd, antisocial guy who's built up into a media darling.

That said, he's easily in the 10 best and may even be in the 5 best quarterbacks of all-time.

The one exception to Deus' list of the 5 best since 1998 is that I'd replaced Roethlisberger with Rivers. Yeah, yeah, rings and all that, but Rivers has worked with less throughout his career and may have won a couple Super Bowls if not for the Patriots... and his stats are better (15 more TDs in 7 fewer starts, higher completion percentage, etc.). It's close enough though that the argument could go either way, I just think Rivers has been criminally underrated his whole career while Roethlisberger has been overrated.

i can respect your position and see where it's coming from.

i think Rodgers is talented but he's not a very team first player and is always hurt and *****in....ex-teammates dont go to bat for him once they leave. strange, huh?

1. Mahomes - his NFL sample set is small but he's certainly shown he can ball and be coached. Physically more talented than Rodgers IMO
2. Wilson is a winner, has talent and does more with less. i think he could ball here and he's younger and shown to be more durable
3. JimmyG - im not a huge fan, but he's younger and has shown to fit in to our system

so yeah, ill take the younger guys that can be coached and fit into our system for the long run.

Wilson's responsible for tearing apart the Seahawks. Everyone in that locker room hates him. Rodgers may be a weird dude but he hasn't personally destroyed a winning team yet.

The Dynasty That Never Was: Inside the Unraveling of the Seattle Seahawks

Wilson's responsible for tearing apart the Seahawks. Everyone in that locker room hates him. Rodgers may be a weird dude but he hasn't personally destroyed a winning team yet.

The Dynasty That Never Was: Inside the Unraveling of the Seattle Seahawks

thanks. fair enough..i hadn't kept up with that stuff.

just to clarify...i dont think rodgers is BUM. on the contrary, i think he has great physical ability at QB position. i just dont think he's as "irreplacable" and amazing as he is made out to be...

Buddy, I think you might need a scotch and relax. First, he is a very good QB. Heck, he is great QB.

Second, I assume your opinion of him is from your long friendship/association with him?

No. I could use the scotch and had many last night. Honestly, I just don’t like him. I absolutely hate green bay

You guys have some good points. I looked up his career stats. He’s not a bum, he’s an elite passer but I don’t like green uniforms. I also don’t like any other uniform unless it looks identical to pats

How do you say what you wrote in the last paragraph after you mentioned the sexual predator Peyton Manning.

Your post loses credibility. And nobody should celebrate the success of a sore loser like Aaron Rodgers. Can't admit a team kicked his teams ass? Pathetic!

You lose credibility sounding just like one of the Indy fan Brady haters who vilified him for leaving a pregnant, unwed mother destitute.

New Commissioner Roger Goodell was under intense pressure from most of the league owners to stick it to the Patriots, after six-plus years of incessant, unrelenting complaints about supposed cheating by the Patriots which was nonexistent, preceded by thirty years of open public denigration of the franchise in the local and national media. Goodell did already display a Kenesaw Mountain Landis policy, but years of openly brazen anti-Patriots bias in the media fueled rival owners' anger and tantrums, and gave overwhelming public support for both of his crusades in '07 and '15.

Media blathering has undeniably supported or was in fact directly responsible for wrong, inexcusable decisions by corporate leaders, politicians and sports league owners and commissioners.
I think it’s pretty hard to disagree with this.

Rodgers is really good. Really really good.
who cares what the media says. Lets just enjoy the goats last few years.

Rodgers is really good. Really really good.
who cares what the media says. Lets just enjoy the goats last few years.

Agreed. I have to rant like once a week or so.

See, I also hate Big Ben, he’s also a bum and nothing you say or stats you show will mean anything. They should be forced to wear throwbacks with yellow helmets

Rodgers would never throw a pass if it means a potential INT on his stat sheet, even if he has to lose to keep the sheet clean.

He probably goes to the sideline after every drive and asks “what is my stat line now?”

Amazing athlete/great arm... not an amazing QB.

He’s great. He’s just overrated. He makes plays/throws no one else in history could make to this point

How do you say what you wrote in the last paragraph after you mentioned the sexual predator Peyton Manning.

Your post loses credibility. And nobody should celebrate the success of a sore loser like Aaron Rodgers. Can't admit a team kicked his teams ass? Pathetic!

Was Manning charged? Found guilty by a jury of his peers? Must have missed that one.

Oh - every pro athlete is a sore loser. Newsflash - they all hate to lose! Rogers showing it up front may have been a bad move - sure - but a reason to hate? No.

You lose credibility sounding just like one of the Indy fan Brady haters who vilified him for leaving a pregnant, unwed mother destitute.

Wow comparing sexual assault to this. What is wrong with you?

Was Manning charged? Found guilty by a jury of his peers? Must have missed that one.

Oh - every pro athlete is a sore loser. Newsflash - they all hate to lose! Rogers showing it up front may have been a bad move - sure - but a reason to hate? No.

Was he charged? That's how you do it? Disgusting. That could have been your sister/daughter/mother/friend.

It's people like you who turn a blind eye that are the problem in this world.

I don't care if you're a bad loser. But "we beat ourselves" lol! Pathetic. I can't respect that.

See, I also hate Big Ben, he’s also a bum
You keep calling these elite millionire athletes Bums. I dont get it. Is there something that Big Ben did that might be bothering you?

Rogers is far from a bum qb. He might be a douche but he’s no bum of a qb.

The entire ordeal was settled out of court. Typically only guilty people go that route...

You must have missed a great many things.

I'm all for free speech and realize there's a thread ignore button, but I would recommend removing this thread (or at least changing the title.) It's embarrassing.

I'm still waiting for the gay rumors to be confirmed.

Oh yeah, he's also the second best QB in football.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back