PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rewatch Thread: Philly @ NE (Preseason #2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the time, but not always. A CB that's excellent at trail tech may want to encourage/bait the QB into throwing the ball his way on deeper routes (such as the 9, 8, or 7 routes) so he can close and make an attempt to get his hands on it. Butler was pretty good at that early on in his career.

IDK. It seems to me that the ideal scenario would be the QB thinking, "Can't throw it there. Nope, not there either. Or there. Or THERE, or ... S**T!"

CRUNCH.

Fade to black.

IDK. It seems to me that the ideal scenario would be the QB thinking, "Can't throw it there. Nope, not there either. Or there. Or THERE, or ... S**T!"

CRUNCH.

Fade to black.

Well yeah, ideally. And that's what you want the vast majority of the time. But I'm just pointing out that there are situations where that doesn't always apply and typically results in a turnover.

In terms of the Dorsett play it seems like Lazar agrees with you @long distance .

But Chatham kinda disagrees.

Honestly think the play was supposed to go inside and thats what Dorsett assumed.

The guard dove and missed his guy. Excellent. Brown lets his guy go inside and make the tackle. More excellent. Inside or outside Dorset wasn't going anywhere. You wanna say he was too deep to come back and have a better position to go outside, fine.

CRUNCH.

Fade to black.
Absolutely. That’s a reason why people who think passes defended is a stat to judge corners by are missing the big picture.

Same with passer rating against.

The guard dove and missed his guy. Excellent. Brown lets his guy go inside and make the tackle. More excellent. Inside or outside Dorset wasn't going anywhere. You wanna say he was too deep to come back and have a better position to go outside, fine.
Dorsett lost yardage when he walked back to the ball when he still had plenty of cushion; mistake #1.

He then turned Into the coverage when, if he had any instincts whatsoever, he should have turned Away from it and toward the sideline; mistake #2.

Neither of these 2 Mistakes had anything at all to do with the blocking, but Everything to do with Phil Dorsett just plain sucking, as usual.

I'm not as good at breaking down film as some of you are, so I'm curious how Jason McCourty did overall last night. I know he got beat pretty badly on the touchdown, but outside of that I don't remember seeing him much (which could be a good thing, if he was out there and not getting beat).

There was the one kick coverage play where he seemed to take the wrong angle on the returner (resulting in Gost having to make the tackle), but that was also the return where Moore completely botched his containment, so I'm not sure McCourty wasn't just reacting to that breakdown.

Either way, anyone notice anything good or bad?

It was Jeremy Hill who ran too far to the inside vs. containing the returner. I remember asking myself to look up who #33 was.

Dunno….if Dorsett had been decisive and ran to the outside immediately...I think that is a TD. Question is whether Dorsett was expecting an inside run to be set up...or was he in the wrong place?

It was Jeremy Hill who ran too far to the inside vs. containing the returner. I remember asking myself to look up who #33 was.

I'm pretty sure it was Moore (they are both 33).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick