PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ratbirds at Chargers

Man I hate the Ravens....somehow every time they sniff or get in the playoffs they have a killer defense....wow....about the only team I think doesn’t care where they play...
Interesting.
Patriots 3-5 on the road with a loss in a miracle last play = They have no prayer of winning in the road
Baltimore 4-4 on the road = about the only team that doesn’t care where they play

Interesting.
Patriots 3-5 on the road with a loss in a miracle last play = They have no prayer of winning in the road
Baltimore 4-4 on the road = about the only team that doesn’t care where they play

I can’t believe they beat the Chargers but they did. This line of thought you point out is interesting. Some kind of crazy double standard.

I like our chances better with the 2 or 3 seed than the 1 seed .... the pats are more ill prepared for the ravens than any other team regardless of the game being home or away

what a bad game from the Bolts and what a crucial fumble from Gates...
i expected much much more from LAC...

I like our chances better with the 2 or 3 seed than the 1 seed .... the pats are more ill prepared for the ravens than any other team regardless of the game being home or away
How so? Because they have a running QB?

Interesting results.. the football of December and January always has some teams that rise and those that wilt.

Only saw part of the game, but running QB like Jackson is a problem. Kapernik went to the SB... But he could throw too. Lamar passer rating 101.3... not bad..

We'll see if he gets thru next week. Pattern is injury coming.. (rgIII..)

2 things I think:

1 - I 100% dont believe in past performances. Whatever happened last year, 2 years, 10 years ago makes NO DIFFERENCE in the field (except for MAYBE a psychological factor, which is impossible to account for in most cases)

2 - Patriots are best taking the "best thing" away from opponents

That might explain why i don't feel worried over the Ravens (I feel more worried about our own team, which is a different thing altogether). They have ONE amazing thing going for them on offense which is the running game. Yes, that's our biggest liability on D, but we haven't really focused on it on games that we got destroyed (saying out loud makes it sound more naive tho...).

I don't know... My feeling is that we are losing to ourselves far more than anything else. IF Brady can play 3 games (or 4) in his old self come play-off time we have a good chance of winning

But it's also true that, the longer we wait to see vintage brady, the harder it will be for it to appear again...

Interesting.

The Ravens, about the only team that consistently in past playoff games send NE home....now we might say that 2-2 against the ravens in the playoffs isnt a big deal but its how they won those two. I think 50% is not a good thing. What they did to the Chargers last nite via defense is exactly NE achilles heel on offense....just sayin....

With Brady playing hide and seek and the Ravens defense playing as they are right now I wold prefer NE dont play the Ravens...

Miracle play or not in Miami ....they lost the game.....

Im not saying the Pats cant win, but that is probably their toughest game in the playoffs and particularly they way the Ravens defense is playing right now....sure looks like the Ravens defense of old.

I would never bet against NE in any game but personally feel this isnt their year and wont make the SB.....

Ravens peaking at the right time. Pats not so much... Who will stop Harbaugh from another Super Bowl win? It's a nightmare.

The Ravens, about the only team that consistently in past playoff games send NE home....now we might say that 2-2 against the ravens in the playoffs isnt a big deal but its how they won those two. I think 50% is not a good thing. What they did to the Chargers last nite via defense is exactly NE achilles heel on offense....just sayin....

With Brady playing hide and seek and the Ravens defense playing as they are right now I wold prefer NE dont play the Ravens...

Miracle play or not in Miami ....they lost the game.....

Im not saying the Pats cant win, but that is probably their toughest game in the playoffs and particularly they way the Ravens defense is playing right now....sure looks like the Ravens defense of old.

I would never bet against NE in any game but personally feel this isnt their year and wont make the SB.....
All that’s the same Ravens is the laundry. Games in 2009 and 2013 have absolutely zero bearing on 2018

All that’s the same Ravens is the laundry. Games in 2009 and 2013 have absolutely zero bearing on 2018

Well I can agree with games in 09 and 13 stuff....still they way they beat the Chargers is same method they used to beat Brady in those years....and Brady is running scared already against crap teams...

I mean do you really want the Ravens....I prefer not....

Anyway...hope everyone has a great Christmas...yeh I said Christmas! Lol

@AndyJohnson Well the eye test.....falling down to avoid contact.....maybe your the only one that doesnt see it....except the rest of the football world does.....talked about in Avery forum, sports show etc....you can insult folks all you want but it is clearly a reality...

Again I wish you a Very Happy Christmas.

@AndyJohnson Well the eye test.....falling down to avoid contact.....maybe your the only one that doesnt see it....except the rest of the football world does.....talked about in Avery forum, sports show etc....you can insult folks all you want but it is clearly a reality...

Again I wish you a Very Happy Christmas.
Except he DIDNT fall down to avoid contact. How do I know this?
A) there was no contact about to happen
B) the throw had 100% on it
C) it was in his follow through

Your argument? The GOAT and possibly toughest QB ever is afraid to play football.
Lol lol lol

The Ravens defensive performance last night, given the opponent, was the best I've witnessed all season. But I can't get into this multiple picture playoff scenario one way or another. Why focus on one scary team... the team that's more ready to play than we are, yes like the Eagles, will beat us even with a backup qb.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back