PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapaport: Gronk Expected to Return in 2018 | Edit: Gronk Tweets "#clueless"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that puzzles me is that BB is usually a cutting-edge guy, he's always looking for that extra edge, or that new technology, whatnot. For him to pump the brakes on Guerrero seems to run counter to this philosophy even though Guerrero's system has been proven to work (Brady has missed zero games in forever, and Gronk missed only one last year and that was only because of suspension).

That's post hoc ergo propter hoc, not proof. Brady missed zero games in forever before he was using Guerrero. And the vast majority of Gronk's missed games were caused by injuries that would have taken out any football player. And don't forget that Guerrero client Edelman blew his knee out in the preseason. (I don't say that to blame Guerrero for the injury, only to point out that his special sauce didn't save Edelman).

The thing that puzzles me is that BB is usually a cutting-edge guy, he's always looking for that extra edge, or that new technology, whatnot. For him to pump the brakes on Guerrero seems to run counter to this philosophy even though Guerrero's system has been proven to work (Brady has missed zero games in forever, and Gronk missed only one last year and that was only because of suspension).
Hightower and Edelman also use Guerrero and they are out. Gronk has been using Guerrero and he's had injury issues. Guerrero has said and promoted many controversial things.

Saying his system has been "proven" is a huge oversell.

Gronk has been using Guerrero and he's had injury issues.

Steve-Carell-Facepalm.gif

That's post hoc ergo propter hoc, not proof. Brady missed zero games in forever before he was using Guerrero. And the vast majority of Gronk's missed games were caused by injuries that would have taken out any football player. And don't forget that Guerrero client Edelman blew his knee out in the preseason. (I don't say that to blame Guerrero for the injury, only to point out that his special sauce didn't save Edelman).

Was Edelman really in Guerrero's program? I always sort of thought he was on the fence- and there's of course that clip where he's arguing with Brady about weightlifting.

Brady's relationship with Guerrero goes back to 2008, so I think I'll give him a little credit here.

Oh. Right. That.

Was Edelman really in Guerrero's program? I always sort of thought he was on the fence- and there's of course that clip where he's arguing with Brady about weightlifting.

Brady's relationship with Guerrero goes back to 2008, so I think I'll give him a little credit here.

Brady has missed precisely as many games in his pre-Guerrero years as he has with Guerrero. (I don't count the 2008 injury because like with Gronk, that cheapshot by Pollard would have taken out Brady's knee no matter who he was training with.)

Brady has missed precisely as many games in his pre-Guerrero years as he has with Guerrero. (I don't count the 2008 injury because like with Gronk, that cheapshot by Pollard would have taken out Brady's knee no matter who he was training with.)
Whether it’s Guerrero, Fidel Castro or Fidel Placebo, who cares? Brady believes and that’s most of the battle when trying to be self-disciplined at his age. That and luck as you point out (not Luck because no one is sure if he can even throw). He’s 40+. MVP. And still playing exceedingly well. I don’t care if he has one or two avocado enemas every day. More bowel power to him (so to speak).

Now back to my midnight dozen donutfest. Gronk ain’t the only DD nut job.

you know...it's good to know that all these years I've been surrounded by a group of abject sluts around here...is there nothing sacred?...nothing you won't turn into a string of tawdry double entendres?....suggestive acronymic interpretations?..sexually nuanced innuendos?..it's a veritable cesspool of poor taste.

I'd complain if I wasn't such a slut myself...:rolleyes::oops::D

I dont understand the confusion about the entire BB/Guerrero thing. It is all about authority.

It is pretty obvious and has been reported multiple times what the issue has been. Players have started to question the instructions that they have been getting from the training staff and the strength and conditioning team in terms of weight exercises because of Guerrero`s thoughts about them. BB has no issue with players doing additional things and the Patriots have been supportive of that by giving Guerrero access to facilities and simplifying players access to him. But as soon as there is a strength and conditioning related mutiny brewing you have a problem and have to set everyone straight WHO is in charge. And that is exactly where the problem between BB and Guerrero lies. BB believes in decades of experience regularly updated with cutting edge thinking (remember those ridiculous zero grav beds players have been using ?) and gives out a general direction for his staff. Guerrero needs to know his place and his boundaries and the players needed to have clarity on what amounts to the chain of command. By removing him from the locker room and flights it has been made absolutely clear that he is not a Patriots employee.

Guerreros stuff might be working or not.. it is hard to tell because the scale at which he is doing it makes it all anecdotal. If Brady falls slightly differently on that shoulder early in the season he might have missed some games. Point being that serious injuries in the NFL occur mostly randomly when the stars align in terms of bad timing or unfortunate body position. And no matter how good your staff is nobody will be able to prevent those injuries. A good staff (and players that follow instructions) can lower the amount of soft tissue injuries, hamstrings and whatnot but in a violent sport like football where the injury rate is essentially 100% there is nothing but coincidence and luck that can prevent injuries in general.

On a personal note the scene in Tom vs. Time in Montana where Edelman and Guerrero argue a little about weight training has stood out to me because it seems like Edelman somehow pressed Guerreros buttons a bit by talking about weight training and triggered him to start a lecture on his views. The scene made me feel a bit uneasy about the entire situation.

On a personal note the scene in Tom vs. Time in Montana where Edelman and Guerrero argue a little about weight training has stood out to me because it seems like Edelman somehow pressed Guerreros buttons a bit by talking about weight training and triggered him to start a lecture on his views. The scene made me feel a bit uneasy about the entire situation.

The scene where Guerrero says

"I'm not an anti-weight guy. Everyone thinks I'm anti-weights," Guerrero is heard saying at one point.

Latest ‘Tom vs. Time’ features Edelman, Amendola in Montana

makes you feel uneasy? I don't see why, but to each his own.

Speaking of Guerrero, I'm jealous of one of the machines he's got

“It’s an antigravity treadmill,” he explains. “It’s time to start retraining your neuro-patterns.” He straps me into the apparatus and begins pressing buttons until the greenhouse fills with air and I’m floating above the treadmill, bearing just 10 percent of my body weight.

Guerrero explains that when I fell, my brain noticed. Instantly, new neural pathways were created, sending signals to my body that my heel was now out of commission. Using my heel, even in a small way, starts to reprogram those pathways. It challenges my body to keep my muscles supple, to reduce the swelling, and increase my range of motion.

“The faster I can change the way in which your brain thinks about this injury, the quicker you will recover,” he says, “and the more successfully.”

The Secrets of Tom Brady's Personal Trainer
https://www.mensjournal.com/health-fitness/the-secrets-of-tom-bradys-personal-trainer-w479755/
My gait and standing position have been off balance for years, post-injury. I'd love to give that machine a try.

It was more about Edelman dancing around the topic than Guerreros reaction that made me feel uneasy. Not sure why.. it just felt weird. Not that it matters.

Got it. Like I said, to each his own.

I don't have any special insight on Guerrero's techniques. It seems to me that, at Gillette, it's sort of the reverse of what baseball went through with free weights, in some ways, where the opposition was entrenched and fighting it for a long time, but that's about all I've figured, so far. The basic apparent premise (pliability/flexibility is very important when it comes to avoiding many types of injuries, and is also a preference over pure strength when it comes to a lot of athletic activities) makes sense.

On the other hand, he can have my mushrooms when he pries them from my cold, dead hands.

My gait and standing position have been off balance for years, post-injury. I'd love to give that machine a try.
You and me both, Deus. After my back surgery it seems that my spinal stenosis has gotten even worse. I’m discouraged from using a regular treadmill, so I would pay a nice amount of money to have this kind of training/rehab.

If you happen to stumble on any new details down the road of what the specifics are and the possibility of this technology being available in other, more publicly accessible areas, please shoot me a PM if you don’t mind. I’m pretty desperate. Thank you very much.

You and me both, Deus. After my back surgery it seems that my spinal stenosis has gotten even worse. I’m discouraged from using a regular treadmill, so I would pay a nice amount of money to have this kind of training/rehab.

If you happen to stumble on any new details down the road of what the specifics are and the possibility of this technology being available in other, more publicly accessible areas, please shoot me a PM if you don’t mind. I’m pretty desperate. Thank you very much.

@supafly

Here's CNet talking about it in 2014

Lower price brings antigravity treadmill down to earth

The website doesn't give a price, and the prices I can find are outdated by a few years, but it's a hefty ($20K+ up into the $7ok+ range) tag, and I don't have that much under my seat cushions. The site has a locator though, where you can find them according to your zip code, and you can apparently pay for 30 minute sessions.

Anti-Gravity Treadmill | Bionic Leg | AlterG

There are actually a bunch of locations in my area, so I'm going to look into it.

@supafly

Here's CNet talking about it in 2014

Lower price brings antigravity treadmill down to earth

The website doesn't give a price, and the prices I can find are outdated by a few years, but it's a hefty ($20K+ up into the $7ok+ range) tag, and I don't have that much under my seat cushions. The site has a locator though, where you can find them according to your zip code, and you can apparently pay for 30 minute sessions.

Anti-Gravity Treadmill | Bionic Leg | AlterG

There are actually a bunch of locations in my area, so I'm going to look into it.

Wow. Before I spent that kind of cash I would build a frame over my treadmill and rig up some kind of adjustable support harness. They do look good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back