PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapaport: Gronk Expected to Return in 2018 | Edit: Gronk Tweets "#clueless"

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole Gronk Twitter thing is just him screwing with everyone...he’s having blast with this....

Could be about Rappaport, could be about being miserable and wanting to retire in camp last year by Curran. Hopefully it's on Curran's report.

Curran does occasionally whiff on reports. Wasn't he the one that said Brady might never be able to play again after the ACL tear surgery in 2008? Because it got infected he'd have to retire, or something along those lines? I thought his report of this was quoted often in that LONG Brady vs. Cassel thread (which is a funny argument to think of now).
This is so desperate. FWIW I'm sure we can find a few times where Rapoport struck out too.

Rapoport is well-plugged in in Foxboro. IMO that report was the team trying to put out there that they expect Gronk back. Hence Gronk calling it clueless...

This is so desperate. FWIW I'm sure we can find a few times where Rapoport struck out too.

Rapoport is well-plugged in in Foxboro. IMO that report was the team trying to put out there that they expect Gronk back. Hence Gronk calling it clueless...
I really hope not that doesn't bode well

Someone needs to slap gronk upside the head and say, w f is the plan... either way, that's fine, but this back and forth and dumbass Twitter quotes is starting to wear on my nerves

Gronk NEEDS to be payed. We can win without him, but any fan would feel less confident going into the 2018 season without Gronk.

Sign Gronk to a two year deal then let him walk. He deserves one more ring!

Great,of course. I imagine this is a negotiating ploy,so let's renegotiate. Of course he's had injuries, but the team has had access to the greatest freakin tight end in the galaxy for cheap. A healthy gronk season can compensate for lots of holes/injuries.

None of these people care about us, the fans, what we think, what we have to say...nothing. I've been a Pats fan since the very beginning. The last time we had an owner that cared about the fans was back in the Sullivan days. The days of flooded urinals and aluminum seats, lousy concessions and worse beer....BUT...owners who didn't mind getting down and dirty WITH us...owners with a passion for NE and a bond with us...to wit
17h879mi2aww4jpg.jpg

Today we have a glut of playoff appearances, multiple Super Bowl wins, modern facilities and ownership that thinks this----->

patriots-end-zone-rendering-120514-ftrjpg_1u9uao80jfu3j1gofwbg92c3k5.jpg

is better than THIS----------->

092914patriotsmw33.jpg

Gone are the days of jarring, bone rattling games between TEAMS. Today's game is bifurcated by political agendas,money agendas, medical agendas and pure greed, with a major emphasis on "Me!! Me! Me!! Look at me!!" individual performance to the near exclusion of any sense of team. It is what it is. This is why I can't get emotionally involved in episodes like this one. No matter which way I feel, none of the people involved give 2 sh!ts about me, you or Uncle Lou.

I have a soft spot for Gronk. I have wanted him to retire in the past even at the cost of us winning because he is that cool. If he wants more money then I hope he gets it whether it be from us or somewhere else. If he wasn't strapped to us his entire career he could have easily secured Calvin Johnson type mega contracts etc.

My only wish is for whatever happens to happen quickly preferably before a decision on Bennett has to be made.

Hmm. Anyone want to try and crack this one?

It’s his rebuttal to Rappaport claiming he is coming back. They need to talk to either Gronk or Rosenhaus and find out if this is about playing in New England or playing at all. If it’s about playing in New England then I would trade him, but only for a top 20 first round pick. If they can’t get that I would play it out and see what happens. I wouldn’t trade Gronk in the AFC, but a top 20 pick from an NFC team would be worth considering.

It’s his rebuttal to Rappaport claiming he is coming back. They need to talk to either Gronk or Rosenhaus and find out if this is about playing in New England or playing at all. If it’s about playing in New England then I would trade him, but only for a top 20 first round pick. If they can’t get that I would play it out and see what happens. I wouldn’t trade Gronk in the AFC, but a top 20 pick from an NFC team would be worth considering.
Or Aaron Donald or Robert Quinn and a pick.
I would rather have a happy Gronk.
This needs to be figured out asap.
I'm just going to mentally prepare as Gronk is playing for us.

Or Aaron Donald or Robert Quinn and a pick.
I would rather have a happy Gronk.
This needs to be figured out asap.
I'm just going to mentally prepare as Gronk is playing for us.

Aaron Donald isn’t going anywhere. And I would rather have a top 20 first in this draft than Quinn. A top twenty pick would give them the flexibility in the draft to move around and get a player they really like, instead of waiting to see who drops to them. I’m not sure if a team would give up a top twenty pick but I would still try SF because they would love the idea of pairing Gronk with Garrapolo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News