PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rapaport: Gronk Expected to Return in 2018 | Edit: Gronk Tweets "#clueless"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always liked Curran just fine until his article a few days ago that could have just as easily been written by Wickersham. I was astounded at how frothy and careerist it seemed to be - sensationalistic is not too strong a word.

Curran wrote something that didn’t glorify the team over the player, so now he’s in the dog house? Wickersham’s articles are a Greatest Hits of any rumors, paranoias, and one-sided accounts that are all provided by supposed “unnamed sources.” He is a rabble rousing hack. Curran has earned credibility, and I see no reason why his journalism should be criticized.

My first instinct, much as I hate to say it, is that he is talking about the most recent report, i.e. the “he’s coming back” report.

Hopefully he’s just playing games
Could be about the reports that he was unhappy last year as well.

We can only hope though.

Pleased to hear this. I don't blame Gronk for looking at other career opportunities, how many of us look for jobs that don't give us damage mentally and physically.

I'm glad Gronk is coming back as i think he would regret not playing football until he can't. Personally i think he may have two maybe three years, as long as he doesn't get hurt.

All in all it's good.

Now this is more like it! I'll believe this thread rather than the others. Draft day can't get here soom enough!

YearlyAjarAssassinbug-max-1mb.gif

My first instinct, much as I hate to say it, is that he is talking about the most recent report, i.e. the “he’s coming back” report.

Hopefully he’s just playing games
Yeah, without meaning to sound like a downer, I’ll believe it when Gronk says it. Who gives a damn about Ian Rapoport and his report on “expectations are that he’ll play?” We all have those same expectations.

Could be about Rappaport, could be about being miserable and wanting to retire in camp last year by Curran. Hopefully it's on Curran's report.

Curran does occasionally whiff on reports. Wasn't he the one that said Brady might never be able to play again after the ACL tear surgery in 2008? Because it got infected he'd have to retire, or something along those lines? I thought his report of this was quoted often in that LONG Brady vs. Cassel thread (which is a funny argument to think of now).

Last edited:
Could be about Rappaport, could be about being miserable and wanting to retire in camp last year by Curran. Hopefully it's on Curran's report.

Curran does occasionally whiff on reports. Wasn't he the one that said Brady might never be able to play again after the ACL tear surgery in 2007? Because it got infected he'd have to retire, or something along those lines? I thought his report of this was quoted often in that LONG Brady vs. Cassel thread (which is a funny argument to think of now).
Yep, Tom Curran broke that news in early 2009, after Brady had suffered the ACL team in Sept of the previous year.

I dunno. Curran's one of the good guys on the Pats beat. Could he change into a sensationalist reporter? Sure, but he's built a reputation on being a solid, truthful reporter not given to hot takes (often).

I have to say that this story has no quotes, not a single one. No explanations, just gossip as far as I can tell. It is to a lesser extent a 'sham' article with lots of conjecture and little substance just like all the others.

Have any of these stories that have the Patriots in disarray been substantiated by anyone? They are all smoke and mirrors. And even when denied, are held as truth and the denier called a liar.

People will believe what they will, but if your income is determined by how many people click your stories. Then fiction is much better than facts for attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft