PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss, Richard Seymour, Ty Law Among HOF semi-finalists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antler spray
Randy Moss
Terrell Owens

Who else? Would love to see Ty Law get in. I mean they change the rules because of those pats championship teams.

All 3 are Hall worthy.

Law should already be there. All decade player for the '00's and one of the best big game defensive players ever.

Randy is a 1st ballot Hall of Famer.

Seymour should definitely make it. In New England you have to give up sacks to set the edge and let the LBs make plays. Seymour was one of the best D-lineman of his era.

Randy has to get it, TO should be in there too, and last but not least Seymour one of the most dominant players in his prime.
I remember the days with him Ty Warren and Vince...boy that was a sick 3 man D-Line!

Richard Seymour! Where have you been?!?

For all you super yungins...Seymour was a beast! Don't look at the stats, look at the amount of plays he was double teamed.....and then look at his stats :D

Richard Seymour! Where have you been?!?

For all you super yungins...Seymour was a beast! Don't look at the stats, look at the amount of plays he was double teamed.....and then look at his stats :D
Richard Seymour as a rookie hustled more than any DL I have seen in my life. He was chasing receivers 15 yards downfield after rushing the passer.
He was excellent at every aspect of his position.
Seymour was here for 8 years and I consider him all things considered the best defensive player the patriots have ever had.

It was a laugh hearing Felger say that Moss shouldn't be in the HOF. Moss is the 2nd greatest receiver in the history of the league and certainly the most gifted.

He should be first ballot no doubt.

It was a laugh hearing Felger say that Moss shouldn't be in the HOF. Moss is the 2nd greatest receiver in the history of the league and certainly the most gifted.

He should be first ballot no doubt.
Felger is a cheese head fanboy and he can say it has nothing to do with it but he is lying his ass off.

Richard Seymour as a rookie hustled more than any DL I have seen in my life. He was chasing receivers 15 yards downfield after rushing the passer.
He was excellent at every aspect of his position.
Seymour was here for 8 years and I consider him all things considered the best defensive player the patriots have ever had.
I need to think about that one. He's top 5 at a minimum.

Finalists:
Law
Tippett
Haynes
Bru

Just an aside comment - for those of us on the board back when Seymour was drafted.
He was hammered left and right for his inability to rush the passer and create backfield kaos.

Of course that changed as the years went by but this HOF talk brought that to memory -
he wasn't drafted for sacks as his detractors later accepted.
Some of our very best Patriots of all time were hammed on this site early in their careers - is what it is I guess.

I need to think about that one. He's top 5 at a minimum.

Finalists:
Law
Tippett
Haynes
Bru
Significantly better than Bruschi, adjusted for postiton. Better then law, but close. Haynes is a tough one for me but I lean to Seymour. Same with Tippett bit Tippett wasn’t as complete.
Bruschi is fan favorite not in the best argument imo but Law, Haynes, Tippett and Seymour is an impossible argument.

You know how we feel about having Tom at qb?.....like we're fortunate to have unquestionably the very best at the position?

That's how I felt about our dline when we had Seymour/Wilfork/Warren.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back