PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss, Richard Seymour, Ty Law Among HOF semi-finalists

Status
Not open for further replies.
All three are deserving, I’m sure Moss will make it and based on Peter King’s recent article I have more confidence now that Ty will get in (as I believe he should). I’m not nearly as confident that Sey will get in, but seeing Cortez Kennedy and fat slob deadbeat Sapp get in gives me some hope.

I also think Vinitieri will get in. Regarding other Pats, I’m thinking Wilfork and Harrison are the most likely.

I am one who wonders about an anti-Pats mentality among the national media who unfortunately do the deciding on this.

Moss was really good. Probably the most physically gifted of all time. Rice was the GOAT, however. It's the same argument as Brady vs Rodgers.

Rice averaged 14.8, not 15, and I said it was more Welkerish than Moss, but deeper down the field, which it was.

And calling things like QB and system "window dressing" is asinine. As a Patriots fan, you've seen the proof of their importance enough that you should know that better than most.
My comparison was only using his SF years because they equaled moss’ NFL years otherwise the numbers would be much farther apart (the poster claimed rice was a compiler) and rice averaged 15.0 in those 16 years.
Qb quality means a lot to wining but there is not a lot of evidence that it has a dramatic effect on the production of a #1 wr, in fact in many ways it can hurt the numbers.
Rice’s production was significantly greater than Moss’. Football is about production not coulda, shoulda, woulda arguments. Trying to call a guy who did less on the field better by making excuses is window dressing. Just like things like the Randy ratio.

If by “like Welker” you mean got open better than any other Wr then I agree. If it’s implying he he played the sand style as Welker, it’s laughable. In any event, as you should know, how he produced does not diminish what he produced.
In the end Rice produced 50% more yards than Moss (22895 to 15292).
The gap is more than the total receiving yards WRs Welker produced in his entire patriot career.
The gap would rank 108 all time
He produced 41 more Tds (197-156) and we haven’t even begun to discuss post season.

At the time would you have preferred keeping Seymour over Wilfork?
On the field yes, but financially it wasn’t an even decision. If you could have traded wilfork for the raiders first and got Seymour to sign wilfork contract, you do it but neither were possible. Seymour earned over 50mill on that raider contract without finishing it. Wilfork earned about 35 on his next 2 patriot contracts.
In hindsight though, wilfork lasted longer.

Randy Moss May Well Have Been The Greatest Receiver Of All Time

morris-feature-moss-wowy1.png

morris-feature-moss-wowy-table.png

Quarterback improvement with Moss. Int percentage increase due to more long throws?
A chart from 538? Oh boy.
Do we really need to go into all of the flaws in this?

Sorry but I have to question anyone calling QB's "window dressing"?

Moss caught TD'S from
Brian Hoyer
Gus Frerotte,
Randall Cunningham
Jeff George
Matt Cassel
Kerry Collins
Vince Young
Rusty Smith
Brett Favre
Aaron Brooks
Andrew Walter
Daunte Culpepper
Todd Bauman
Spergon Wynn
Brad Johnson
Alex Smith
Colin Kaepernick

Put Randy with Favre, Brady or Elway for 16 years and he has 250+ TD'S.

This isn't hard. He the greatest ever.

Randy did it all. Greatest deep threat ever. Worked all 3 levels. Great hands. World class speed. Very good blocker & R/R.

Rice landed in a better situation. Worked his ass off and made the most of it. Doesn' mean hes better by any means.

Randy would have dominated in any era. Incredibly Smart, tough football players do.

Don’t forget that rice used stick em’.

**** Seymour isn't worthy of being in the discussion.

Moss yes, Law borderline but no.

A chart from 538? Oh boy.
Do we really need to go into all of the flaws in this?

I know. That chart doesn't even account for sticky fingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes