PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Reporter lists Khalil Mack as potential trade candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
A guy like mack would improve our defense tremendously. After Hightower everyone’s a question mark including van noy.
With the cost of his potential extension, he actually might not improve our team that much. Fans think about the absolute value and GMs think about the relative value. Mack plus some warm body is not better than two mid-tier players. Especially with the increase of speed on both ends, you need more qualified subs. The lost of Akiem Hicks still hurts the team. We need to find more gems like Hicks.

I listen to Chatham’s podcast all the time. I know you do too. The problem is you never think Belichick makes any mistakes. It seems like B.B. walks on water in your eyes. I personally believe Brady is the main reason for the patriots success, not B.B. I used to not think this way but I do know. Not that I don’t think B.B. is a great coach. He is. But Brady’s great play has covered up for a lot of his mistakes.

I don't think anyone feels that Belichick never makes any mistakes. Of course he does, as has every other GM and coach in the history of sports. So does Brady. He's the best ever, but it's not like he led TD drives on the first five possessions of every game he's ever played. Some games he has struggled early and the defense kept it close enough for him to work his magic in the end.

And of course it would be great to have a player like Mack or Donald on our team but the cost has to be a factor. And let's be real, it's pretty well documented that a large percentage of players that sign these massive contracts in free agency are gone in two years or less. Sometimes players don't translate to a different system. Sometimes they check out once they cash in. So knowing that, and knowing that Belichick sometimes makes mistakes, I like the idea that we aren't always throwing all our money at one guy.

And in the event a player we sign like that does work out, his salary will cause depth to take a hit, there's no way to deny that. If/when the Rams are able to extend Donald and Goff, they're a couple years away from being a team loaded at the top but very weak on the back end.

Just FYI so we know the magnitude of extension Mack is looking for.

In terms of money, it really comes down to Brady or Mack. Maybe this will stop the incessant demands to trade for Mack (but probably not, lol).

W no QB, OL troubles, unstable coaching situation & so on.

Jones has been a top 5 rusher since joining Ari.
So? The defense was not that good. That five-year, $82.5 million could help out the OL and the rest of the D. Chandler was good at sacking but horrible at setting the edge. You keep picking those sexy 12 sacks-a-yr a trick phony. I will take my 12-4 and playoff.

So? The defense was not that good. That five-year, $82.5 million could help out the OL and the rest of the D. Chandler was good at sacking but horrible at setting the edge. You keep picking those sexy 12 sacks-a-yr a trick phony. I will take my 12-4 and playoff.

Arizona was 6th in total defense last season.

We went from 8th in 2016 to 29th last year but people where bringing up the PPG totals.

But the larger point is that giving that huge contract to a DE is primarily a probk because it impacts not being able to afford players to fix other issues.
If you sign Khalil Mack for 22 mill a year and he turns into the best pass rusher in the NFL but you can’t afford to address other weaknesses and play 8-8 ball, Mack was a success but his signing and his contract was not.

And a defense that ranking 19th in points allowed.

Pretty obvious you have no idea what you're talking about.

If Mack wants 22 million, he won’t be playing with the Raiders this year.

Arizona was 6th in total defense last season.

We went from 8th in 2016 to 29th last year but people where bringing up the PPG totals.
My point exactly. 8-8, two of them were overtime win. They spent so much money o CJ's contract. They were not competitive.

Absolute hogwash....chandler jones was a finalist for nfc defensive player of the year in 2017....because not only did he lead all lineman in sacks and QB pressures...he also was top 5 at setting the edge according to PFF...

Chandler Jones is a superstar in his prime

Absolute hogwash....chandler jones was a finalist for nfc defensive player of the year in 2017....because not only did he lead all lineman in sacks and QB pressures...he also was top 5 at setting the edge according to PFF...

Chandler Jones is a superstar in his prime
I never ever said he was bad player. Not setting the edge properly was one of the reason we traded him. All I have been saying was teams do not win Championships with super.expensive DE.

I never ever said he was bad player. Not setting the edge properly was one of the reason we traded him. All I have been saying was teams do not win Championships with super.expensive DE.

I would think the fact he was about to become super expensive and his synthetic weed incident had more to do with moving him than his setting the edge.

i wish NE could get a game changer in the front 7 (besides HT) but the reality is you can’t if you’re drafting in the bottom of round 1 every year.
That is simply Not true, at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back