PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Raiders Reporter lists Khalil Mack as potential trade candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’d have to trade someone like Gronk paired with a 1st for the privlidge of paying a small fortune

I rather trade for KJ Wright. Last year of his contract. Making around 7 million.
I hear that name and think of Gronk eating him alive in SB49. Thanks for that happy memory.

Regards,
Chris

I mean Marcus Davenport was worth 2 1st Rd picks to the Saints. What do you think Mack will run ya?

I ended up down the Twitter search rabbit hole last night, and it’s comforting to me that every team’s fans are proposing one first round pick plus a handful of overpaid veterans for Mack. At least everybody is equally delusional.

i wish NE could get a game changer in the front 7 (besides HT) but the reality is you can’t if you’re drafting in the bottom of round 1 every year.

i wish NE could get a game changer in the front 7 (besides HT) but the reality is you can’t if you’re drafting in the bottom of round 1 every year.
If he stays healthy Derek Rivers is absolutely that guy. I understand some have to see it but I already have & know what type of player he'll be if he's on the field. I don't say that ****y either, just what I do. His traits are special.

Wise was also one of the best rookie DE in the league last year in a loaded class. I expect a jump from him.

Maybe this should be had in the pass rush thread?

We have vg group even if most don't see it yet.

Again anyone can tell you after the fact.

If he stays healthy Derek Rivers is absolutely that guy. I understand some have to see it but I already have & know what type of player he'll be if he's on the field. I don't say that ****y either, just what I do. His traits are special.

Wise was also one of the best rookie DE in the league last year in a loaded class. I expect a jump from him.

For a rookie, Wise had a good season. Unfortunately, when compared to every other NFL pass rusher - regardless of age - his season fell right in the middle.

Look forward to seeing Rivers play tomorrow. I guess I brought it up in this thread because Mack is the kind of player Belichick will never be able to draft because of our yearly draft position. Maybe after the TB12 era is over...

The Pats could send their 2019 1st round pick, and Detroit's 3rd round pick for Mack.

They would have to sign him to at least a five year deal with a large signing bonus and a decent amount of guaranteed money over the first three years, but if they did that, they can make his cap hits in the 15 million a year range, which is manageable. They would have to come up with at least as much guaranteed money as he would have gotten if he did nothing (13 mil this year, and then the 17+ mil franchise tag (most likely twice) so say @ 50 million. Mack is 27, a year or so older than most guys when they come to their first big FA period. So he may be willing to sign a 5 year deal, provided that the last few years are not "funny money".

Right now the Pats have 9.3 million in cap space, they can free up another 10 million in cap space if they cut/trade Allen, J. McCourtey, and Gillislee.

Does anyone here think that if you inserted Mack into that pathetic defense that got smoked by a back up QB in the Superbowl, he wouldn't have made enough plays to make a difference?

“No he costs too much!” Patriots fans will scream while our front office continues to scrape from the bottom of the barrel to find bargains and we have to watch another season of garbage QBs put on record setting displays against this D

“No he costs too much!” Patriots fans will scream while our front office continues to scrape from the bottom of the barrel to find bargains and we have to watch another season of garbage QBs put on record setting displays against this D

I am sorry the salary cap and proper roster management is an inconvenience to you.

I am hopeful of Rivers too but no one knows what he can do against NFL caliber OTs. The jump from the level of competition he saw in college and the fact that he missed a year of football put a blur into any prediction

I know. This god damn approach of Belichick has been failing for 20 years now. When will he listen to you so we can be as good as all those teams that spend money like drunken sailors?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know. This god damn approach if Belichick has been failing for 20 years now. When will he listen to you so we can be as good as all those teams that spend money like drunken sailors?
Brady’s greatness has a lot to do with that. In fact, that approach doesn’t work with pretty much any team.

The times BB paid “big name” players, their defense or at least that weakness improved. Gilmore is the lastest example.

With that being said, I wouldn’t trade for him.

Brady’s greatness has a lot to do with that. In fact, that approach doesn’t work with pretty much any team.
What other team tries?
Financial discipline gas produced a heck of a lot more winners in the NFL than signing guys at the top of the market.
How many teams have won SBs after signing the highest paid player at his position. I doubt there are many, if any, and those teams almost always don’t improve.

The times BB paid “big name” players, their defense or at least that weakness improved. Gilmore is the lastest example.
The defense took a step backward last year.

With that being said, I wouldn’t trade for him.
It’s not about getting the best players it’s about getting the best players in relation to their cost. Mack could never make up for the downgrades his cap hit would cause across the roster.

I know. This god damn approach if Belichick has been failing for 20 years now. When will he listen to you so we can be as good as all those teams that spend money like drunken sailors?

How many times has Brady’s greatness masked the Swiss cheese D over the past several years?

How many times has Brady’s greatness masked the Swiss cheese D over the past several years?
Since Belichick became head coach the defense has been #3 in points allowed.
They have been top 10 13 of the last 15 years and 14 of the 18 he has been here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes