PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Vikings-Thanksgiving Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Coming off a great win, we have a short week to prepare against Minnesota. All games going forward are huge!!! The Vikings are coming off a bad loss to the Cowboys at home. It looks like we'll be without Andrews and Wynn on the O-line this week. We'll need to play better there.

Defensively, keep it up. we are playing incredible on that side of the ball. Well coached, playing the run great, getting to the qb, couldn't ask for more.

6-4 now, 3 wins in a row, would be great to get to 7-4 and looking at the Bills with 11 days off.

We needed that win against the Jets and we got it, now we move on to the Vikings.

Let's discuss!!!!!!!!!!

I was just looking at Minnesota's stats out of curiosity, and what struck me is that despite being 8-2, they have a negative point differential. All but one of their wins have been by 1 score or less, and their losses were blowouts. They're definitely not a powerhouse by any means.

I remember seeing them against Detroit about 5 or 6 weeks ago and thought they were vulnerable. they have looked like a team that was about to capitulate several times all year but hung on in. Two incredible weapons with Cook and JJ. Cousins can go either way.

Would be a statement win IMO. And they got pounded last night too.

The vikings will be without their LT Christian Darrisaw thursday. Their offense is average & mostly revolves around Justin Jefferson.

Defensively this is their worst defense they've played since the browns. Here are their stats compared to them & that's before dantzler went on IR:

browns

26.9 PPG
349.9 YPG
96.9 passer rating against

vikings

23.1 PPG
388.9 YPG
94.7 passer rating against

Vegas has this +3 vikings & I think the pats should win. Double Justin Jefferson & let the pass rush wreck a mediocre OL. Offensively score in the 20s & that should be enough. It's a good spot to get the offense in a rhythm vs. a passive zone defense IMO.

Last edited:
Based on their outing against Dallas, I'd say 6 points will be enough. I like our chances.

What’s with girls and exclamation marks?

Coming off a great win, we have a short week to prepare against Minnesota. All games going forward are huge!!! The Vikings are coming off a bad loss to the Cowboys at home. It looks like we'll be without Andrews and Wynn on the O-line this week. We'll need to play better there.

Defensively, keep it up. we are playing incredible on that side of the ball. Well coached, playing the run great, getting to the qb, couldn't ask for more.

6-4 now, 3 wins in a row, would be great to get to 7-4 and looking at the Bills with 11 days off.

We needed that win against the Jets and we got it, now we move on to the Vikings.

Let's discuss!!!!!!!!!!
Getting us ready for turkey week? :haha:

Time to introduce a rejuvenated Dee Wise to the nation as eyes are focused on stopping Judon.

They need to replace Ferentz with Russey, they can’t afford to start him the rest of the season… he blows.
Isn’t this obvious to everyone?

Isn’t this obvious to everyone?

In a vacuum I agree 100%. I'm not sure the short week is the time to do it though. I'm no fan of Ferentz, but he knows the calls. If Russey can get up to speed in four days, I'm all for it, but that's a tall ask for a rookie.

In a vacuum I agree 100%. I'm not sure the short week is the time to do it though. I'm no fan of Ferentz, but he knows the calls. If Russey can get up to speed in four days, I'm all for it, but that's a tall ask for a rookie.
Seems high-risk to me. I'd leave Ferentz in there.

2023 is when the problem at backup C can realistically be solved

Can we get a REAL OC please? This is getting painful to watch.
Evan Rothstein to the rescue?
I mean I am half serious here.

What is the best time for dinner Thursday? Kick off is at 630 here in Denver. Thinking 4pm? Or do you eat earlier?

Seems high-risk to me. I'd leave Ferentz in there.
Playing it safe, are you? Isn’t that the Jets approach?

Russey has more experience than you might realize. Check out his college starts. Dude has a higher ceiling than Ferentz. He knows the center position a lot better than Cole Stange knew guard.

But I know. His daddy is not buds with Belichick. Kirk Ferentz goes back to Belichick’s Cleveland days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing