PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pre-Game Thread- Pats @ Vikings-Thanksgiving Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing it safe, are you? Isn’t that the Jets approach?

Russey has more experience than you might realize. Check out his college starts. Dude has a higher ceiling than Ferentz. He knows the center position a lot better than Cole Stange knew guard.

But I know. His daddy is not buds with Belichick. Kirk Ferentz goes back to Belichick’s Cleveland days.
Huh?

On a short week this late in the season it's totally prudent to play a vet who knows the system and the calls than a rookie who has zero snaps of NFL experience.

wilfork-thanksgiving.gif

Playing it safe, are you? Isn’t that the Jets approach?

Russey has more experience than you might realize. Check out his college starts. Dude has a higher ceiling than Ferentz. He knows the center position a lot better than Cole Stange knew guard.

Agreed, but does Kody (Texas style with a K) know the Pats offensive line playcalling? I hope so, but doubt it.

If the Patriots can keep up the fantastic pass rush - I don't think the Vikings have a chance. The Cowboys exposed them , BAD.

I don't think the OC/Cousins is looking forward to Judon, Wise and Co. In 3 days.

The Vikings D is the worst D we've played in some time - potential for a get right game on the offense. Would love to see a passing TD or 2 to make me feel a little better.

BTW, I believe the Bills game is Thursday night, so the Patriots don't get a break until after that game, and even then it won't be much of a break as they'll be heading to the West Coast for 2 weeks. This stretch after the bye is really brutal when you take it all into account: Jets game in the wind, quick turnaround for Thursday away game at Minnesota, Thursday night against Bills, on the road for 2 weeks in Phoenix and LA.

5 weeks of hell.

And then a game against Cincy on Christmas Eve.

You guys are of course right that Ferentz will play over Russey. But this will be worth watching. Harrison Phillips, the Vikings NT, wrecking havoc.

I like blitzing Cousins ALOT this week. LT is most likely out this week. Dallas blitzed successfully yesterday. Pats win 23-17.

BTW, I believe the Bills game is Thursday night, so the Patriots don't get a break until after that game, and even then it won't be much of a break as they'll be heading to the West Coast for 2 weeks. This stretch after the bye is really brutal when you take it all into account: Jets game in the wind, quick turnaround for Thursday away game at Minnesota, Thursday night against Bills, on the road for 2 weeks in Phoenix and LA.

5 weeks of hell.

And then a game against Cincy on Christmas Eve.
Agree. Schedule is not kind.

They need to find a way to go 4-3 over this stretch.

Dalvin Cook running the ball. That’s what has me worried. Then Cousins play action passing. That’s the recipe for the Vikings.

And the Cowboys have a lot of talent on D. Don’t think that this will be anything other than a close game.

This match starts a series of games where we will face a true Elite receiver, meaning we are probably locking him up with 2 guys all the time. Last time we faced this was against the Dolphins and that turned out less than desired (but I think the receiving talent in Miami is just next level)

For as good as our defense has been, I think this poses a new challenge for us. Of course, if we get to the QB fast enough, we dont need to worry too much about the secondary

we are going to need more than 10 points from the offensive drives so I HOPE Folk comes to play, cause, just like this team in the redzone, I just aint pushing anymore

This match starts a series of games where we will face a true Elite receiver, meaning we are probably locking him up with 2 guys all the time. Last time we faced this was against the Dolphins and that turned out less than desired (but I think the receiving talent in Miami is just next level)
You could argue from now until New Years we face the 4 best WRs in the game...Hill, JJ, Diggs and Adams.
For as good as our defense has been, I think this poses a new challenge for us. Of course, if we get to the QB fast enough, we dont need to worry too much about the secondary
Agree. Playing vs Adams and JJ is brutal but at least their Qbs are pocket ones as opposed to Allen and Tua who like to move around but prefer to deliver the ball in the pocket.

Hoping the d can carry us again, just worried about our ol especially trents status. Hopefully it was just a bug that affected him because he wasn’t very good yesterday either. The offense has to start performing, can only expect the defense to win so many games without any help!

Less than desired against Miami, but they still only gave up 13 points on defense (7 came on the strip sack TD). Miami has better WR talent. Close, but Thielen isn't prime Thielen these days, which makes the difference. Jefferson is the real deal though, and the Vikings have a far better running game than Miami does, so it'll be a BIG challenge for sure.

Winning Thursday would be HUGE. Jones played pretty well last game, other than holding the ball a bit too long on a couple of those sacks. They switched it up a bit and varied the run/pass on first down for change, which was good to see. They did what they had to do and got a W vs the NYJ. This will be a massive litmus test for the defense vs an offense with some talent, pro bowl level players - despite Minnesota's performance yesterday

I think our secondary is playing really well right now. It'll be a good test to see how legit they are. I think we're pretty comparable to the Jets right now (with a slightly better offense, if possible) and they beat the Fins and the Bills.

Agreed, but does Kody (Texas style with a K) know the Pats offensive line playcalling? I hope so, but doubt it.
half the fanbase here and seemingly every opponent knows Patricias playcalls, come on that can't be that difficult to learn, 1st and 10 is a no brainer run up the middle :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes