PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice, Injury Updates, Pressers, Transactions (Week 2) [Hightower, Amendola OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in hearing Hightower's and Dola's injury status

Oh, and there's this bit of information.....

maxresdefault.jpg

lol!

its probably because of specific drills that they're doing with coverage of tight ends or something

This tells me they want Grissom to have the ability to play as a stand up OLB and not just a DE

Patriots Vanilla Ds have a history of WINNING WHILE letting JAGs go off for career days. Especially when they don't get any pressure. Hopefully they play a good game and show up. Give Brees time, he'll kill you
FIFY

I forget, but did Amendola's injury occur yet again on a punt return?

I think that's the 3rd time he's been injured from returning punts. This one was really unlucky (knee slammed into his helmet = concussion) but I'm not sure I want to see him back there any more, especially with Edelman out.
You're right. He was injured for the 3rd year in a row on punt returns. I still think that he's our most sure handed guy who can fair catch inside of the 20 yard line, but I agree that we could benefit from having another guy like Lewis etc return when we aren't dealing with those critical situations.

I felt that Amendola was still our best PR option until this last game when I saw him injured yet again, and saw his importance to the offense. Now, I'm thinking that he should only be used on inside of the 20 fair catches, or at least something to help limit his exposure.

Hightower and of course, Amendola are still out

The good news is.... Vincent Valentine is back on the practice field

Crap... Slater is still out

Wonder if there is any chance DA or DH play

McCourty's listing is a surprise and a concern. Anyone see the injury or notice limitations during the game?

Highly doubtful. They haven't practiced and it's already Thursday. They both will be out Sunday...sadly.

DH is such a huge loss...we can overcome Dola...i hope...but DH i just remember him going out in that Denver game....

I wonder how she thinks they could have been smarter about managing his snaps? I guess she means they should have held him out of the play he hurt his knee? She must think Bill's a real dumb ass.

I wonder how she thinks they could have been smarter about managing his snaps? I guess she means they should have held him out of the play he hurt his knee? She must think Bill's a real dumb ass.

Dude... c'mon bro. At least read her bio. LOL

No one is questioning Bill's judgement. But for three seasons in a row, Amendola has been injured on punt returns. And if the team wants to have him available for the most important stretch of the season, they should consider alternatives.

For instance, the Patriots like Demarcus Ayers. They're paying him $10k/week instead of standard $7,200. He could provide some WR depth and returned a couple of punts for TDs when playing for the Steelers

For instance, the Patriots like Demarcus Ayers. They're paying him $10k/week instead of standard $7,200. He could provide some WR depth and returned a couple of punts for TDs when playing for the Steelers

Perhaps, but he's not on the roster.

Flynn's comment was pretty stupid. I suspect that she meant they'll have to limit his snaps, but it unnecessarily implies things beyond that.

FWIW, the "three seasons in a row" rhetoric is decidedly misleading. First off, this is the 3rd season, so before this game it was only two seasons in a row. Second, Amendola was already injured before the punt return in 2015, so we're down to last year being the first time in Amendola's Patriot career that he suffered a new injury as a returner.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, there is no evidence that punt returns are any more dangerous than scrimage plays. I'll grant you that, given his injury history, NE was playing with fire last Thursday. But it had nothing to do with punt returns in isolation, it's that he was playing too many snaps overall. I expected NE to manage his playing time as if Edelman hadn't been put on IR, and was disappointed to be proven wrong, in part because I thought Cooks and the RBs would be more up-to-speed, but mostly because I thought it a risky gamble.

Hopefully, Danny's absence will force the rest of the arsenal to accelerate the acclimation process (alliteration is almost always awesome :) ), and make him that much more effective when he returns.

Well she kind of sounds like a dumb ass talking about managing Amendola's snaps this season based off of him having a knee scope last season. Seeing is how whatever they did last year ended up working given that he was on the field making big plays in the SB.

Also who is to say the knee would be keeping him out if he didn't have a concussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes