PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice, Injury Updates, Pressers, Transactions (Week 2) [Hightower, Amendola OUT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soul_Survivor88

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Interested in hearing Hightower's and Dola's injury status

Oh, and there's this bit of information.....

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Langi may need to get involved this week more so than usual with Hightower's status in doubt.

No Dola. No Hightower. VV still out

With or without Hightower I'd like to see us move to a 425 base.

Hightower can play de or LB but ideal both.

Version A (earlier downs)

Guy/wise. Brown branch flowers

HT. Harris/Roberts/van noy*

Version b
HT. Brown branch flowers
Harris/Roberts Van noy

3rd down 2 minute

HT guy flowers wise

Van noy Chung

Gilmore butler Rowe McCourty Harmon

Wonder what's with Grissom and the safeties. Do the Saints have a 265-pound safety that he's pretending to be?

I'm curious why the Pats haven't added a WR/returner to their roster since Thursday's game.

Of that group, I would think Jeremy Ross and Akeem Ayers would be most likely to get signed.

Wonder what's with Grissom and the safeties. Do the Saints have a 265-pound safety that he's pretending to be?
We don't have enough info to know. It could just be for a certain drill they want him working on, for example if you are transitioning from DE to LB why not run drills with the safeties to work on coverage. It could be working with the safeties during the portion of practice where the safeties are playing up, in more of a LB-ish position.
Could be something else. I'm sure its not because he is moving to safety.

Amêndola couldn't survive one ****ing game as the slot receiver and punt returner.

I'm "glad" this happened in week one so it's a pretty clear message he can't do both.
OK, so understand whatever NFL player, any of them, that was in Amendolas place and got hit in the head on that punt return would be in concussion protocol and not practicing today.
Amendola may indeed be made of glass, but getting hit in the head and getting a concussion, is not an issue with the individual player and his injury proneness, anyone taking that hit would be on the sidelines today.

OK, so understand whatever NFL player, any of them, that was in Amendolas place and got hit in the head on that punt return would be in concussion protocol and not practicing today.
Amendola may indeed be made of glass, but getting hit in the head and getting a concussion, is not an issue with the individual player and his injury proneness, anyone taking that hit would be on the sidelines today.

except for james white....he doesn't get hurt

I'm curious why the Pats haven't added a WR/returner to their roster since Thursday's game.

Who would they add? If anything they will call up a punt returner like Ayers from the ps.

Cooks, Hogan, Amendola, Dorsett is the WR group.
If any are not able to be active we will use more 2 TE and more 2 RB and less 3 WR (we will game plan to only have 2 in case one is injured, meaning 3 WR will be a smaller part of the game plan, but still available).
Of course its possible that Ayers is activated to return punts, but would only be playing offense in an emergency. A WR signed this week would be inactive, again unless all he was there for was to return punts.
I expect that the next punt returner is already on the roster. Chung? Lewis? Dorsett? White?

Of that group, I would think Jeremy Ross and Akeem Ayers would be most likely to get signed.
Ayers seems like a no brainer, but sometimes players lose a lot in 2 years, and he hasn't exactly set the world on fire since leaving.

True.

Are you suggesting that Amendola won't be kept out longer because this is 3rd concussion rather than his first?

Ayers seems like a no brainer, but sometimes players lose a lot in 2 years, and he hasn't exactly set the world on fire since leaving.

Ayers didn't exactly light the world on fire before his first stint here......he played in 16 games in '15 and '16

Amêndola couldn't survive one ****ing game as the slot receiver and punt returner.

I'm "glad" this happened in week one so it's a pretty clear message he can't do both.

In 2013, Amendola's first year as the Welker replacement, he lasted one game before he went out. That was against Buffalo. People forget that Jules was not the heir apparent to Welker. Amendola was brought in to fill that role. It was only when it was clear that he as not the "guy" that Jules stepped up and became the "guy". Personally, I think it is going to take 4-5 games before the Pats fully come to grips with the loss of Jules.

True.

Are you suggesting that Amendola won't be kept out longer because this is 3rd concussion rather than his first?

I don't think there is any difference in the NFL protocol between your first or third concussion if there is enough time in between. I mean his last concussion was in 2013 so it is not like this is a common issue for him and as Andy said.. if you get a knee to the head the way he did there is most probably a 8/10 chance that anyone would suffer that concussion.. having history or not.

I don't think there is any difference in the NFL protocol between your first or third concussion if there is enough time in between. I mean his last concussion was in 2013 so it is not like this is a common issue for him and as Andy said.. if you get a knee to the head the way he did there is most probably a 8/10 chance that anyone would suffer that concussion.. having history or not.

I think the NFL concussion protocol really only addresses game day.......they're not on a podium pointing to guys who can/can't play the following week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back